[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck Microsoft?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled2.png (223 KB, 1148x1634) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
223 KB, 1148x1634
What the fuck Microsoft?
>>
Well people kept turning off updates so of course you have to stop them
>>
It's crucial for my business to be able to turn updates off due to having mission critical software that usually doesn't work after these fucking updates.
>>
So change it in the registry you fuck. I set mine to just notify when updates are available.
>>
>>52122191
But W7 looks like shit
>>
The worst part is that in botnet10 you can't choose what updates you want to install.
>>
mine just notifies me when theres updates, never forces them

get fucked nerd
>>
>>52122191
Lol I keep forgetting about these things like updates, virus scans and all that.
I just checked my settings (I'm on Windows 7 btw), and apparently last time I had a Windows Update was in November 2014. Even though it's set to automatically update....
So i just realized there was a red flag in my task bar, saying there was an error finding the update. That must have been there for ~13 months and i never realized it.
>>
>>52122271

ANNNND that is why you own Volume License editions of Win 10 Pro.

Not only do you have the option to get on a different update branch, but you could also just run a WSUS
>>
>>52122191
Second choice is best choice.
>>
>>52122349

Thank people like my boss who have totally unpatched Win XP installs.
>>
>>52122385
Is that the same as the N version?
>>
File: 1430690342594.png (29 KB, 155x182) Image search: [Google]
1430690342594.png
29 KB, 155x182
>mfw my windows 10 so bugged, updating fails everytime
i ain't even mad tho
>>
>>52122407

No. Volume Licenses are bought through a program you enter with a VAR.

N and KN versions of windows are made for specific parts of the world. For example Win XP N is Windows XP, without MSM installed from the start. The N and KN versions are workarounds to random laws outside the US
>>
>>52122431
>install windows 10 and apply all those "anti-botnet" hosts/firewall rules some autist posted on /g/
>now even windows update can't install anything
>blame microsoft for it
>>
>sc config "wuauserv" start=disabled

Freedom

>sc config "wuauserv" start=demand

Enemy of your Freedom. WARNING.
>>
How are people this stupid?

Step 1: Designate your interent as a metered connection.

Step 2: Check the box that says don't download updates when on a metered connection.

Windows will no longer update because it isn't even downloading the updates. It takes less that 30 seconds, no registry hacks or 3rd party software.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.