[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BSD thread? (impossible on /g/)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: daemons.jpg (142 KB, 688x833) Image search: [Google]
daemons.jpg
142 KB, 688x833
>/g/ (idiot board full of idiots)
>having BSD threads

Guess what my new year's resolution is?
>>
>>52120418
No one cares.
>>
I'll shitpost on these to keep them alive.
>>
>>52120418
If it's not to fucking kill yourself then you should probably fucking kill yourself.

Otherwise, kill yourself.
>>
>>52120418
Pls don't switch to BSD, the community is already polluted, we don't need more retards like you op
>>
File: 1449413740780.gif (2 MB, 184x136) Image search: [Google]
1449413740780.gif
2 MB, 184x136
SAAAAGE and HIDE!
>>
File: morning hate tier.png (779 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
morning hate tier.png
779 KB, 1280x720
>>52120435
>>52120452
>>52120461
>>52120471
see >>>/pol/59478797

You're all just jealous of me because I'm better than you in every way.
>>
File: that's just pitiful.png (808 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
that's just pitiful.png
808 KB, 1280x720
>>52120510
/g/ is probably too stupid to use BSD, enjoy your systemd, retards.
>>
And, a worthless piece of trash told me not to learn programming, but I've wanted to learn since I was 3 years old so I can make a video game, and I learned more than most people ever learn about computers anyways, and though I wont finish learning C++, I will fucking learn programming anyways, goddammit, it's not as hard as you inferior people pretend it is!
>>
>>52120514
You are a literar retard and a manchild that watches anime, I doubt that your IQ is above 90
>>
File: WOAH.png (141 KB, 1000x200) Image search: [Google]
WOAH.png
141 KB, 1000x200
Can someone tell me what BSD is all about? Does it use the GNU coreutils and just a different kernel? Is there any driver support?
>>
>>52120528
I'm using OpenBSD right now faggot.
>>
>>52120553
>Can someone tell me what BSD is all about?

This:
>they were maintining a fork of unix
>AT&T decided to be a twit and tell them to stop
>they kept doing it anyways

I can't help but respect that.

>Does it use the GNU coreutils and just a different kernel?

It doesn't use anything from GNU.

>Is there any driver support?

Yes.
>>
>>52120552
>hating anime on an anime site
While I don't care for much anime outside of some cyberpunk works and various other older series, you're an idiot.
>>
File: elcapitan.jpg (157 KB, 971x497) Image search: [Google]
elcapitan.jpg
157 KB, 971x497
>>52120418
This is now a (superior) El Capitan thread
>>
File: 1450916462429.jpg (101 KB, 738x741) Image search: [Google]
1450916462429.jpg
101 KB, 738x741
everyone in this thread is getting trolled
>>
>>52120563
Well, that's so easy that even an idiot like someone who would insult me could do it.

>now that there's none of the external inconveniences in my real life that prevented me from doing anything
>I'm gonna do next year what I didn't do this year

Cut your wrists if you're mad.
>>
BTW, you post on /g/, and you said its full of idiots, therefore you are an idiot
>>
>>52120553
NVIDIA releases graphics drivers for FreeBSD. Outside of that the driver support for most common hardware exists.

On OpenBSD I find it much easier to set up wireless than on Linux. I sometimes ask myself why Linux is so shit given that it's much more commonly used than the BSDs.
>>
>>52120588
Fuck yeah. Because I'm Angela. Being an insane troll is what I do.

Does it help you cope that part of my new year's resolution is going to involve not trolling 4chan anymore? I'm going gb2 studying, and I've been curious about BSD for long enough for it to have reached a critical level.
>>
>>52120610
>On OpenBSD I find it much easier to set up wireless than on Linux.

Surprise surprise when the OpenBSD devs dogfood on laptops.
>>
>>52120602
Why would I be mad at a shitposter?
>>
>>52120625
>troll is obvious
>therefore it's amusing

At least my shitposting amuses someone other than me.

>>52120619
>Does it help you cope that part of my new year's resolution is going to involve not trolling 4chan anymore? I'm going to gb2 studying, and I've been curious about BSD for long enough for it to have reached a critical level.

(I'm a perfectionist so I immediately noticed, but hesitated to correct it)

This is what I get for not proofreading before I send it. (aw shit, I made one mistake, that means I'm not completely perfect, I fail to live up to my first name, then)
>>
>not a completely perfect being? not a problem..

(still better than the people who insist I'm a worthless piece of garbage just because I don't appeal to their emotions, it's not that hard to simply be better than them)
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.