[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: shit you do to piss of the comp sci nerds at your university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 14
File: 1433885848804.jpg (100 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1433885848804.jpg
100 KB, 500x373
>be an Aerospace Engineer
>night after fucking craze party at the Engineering Society Summer Ball (joint with psychology)
>go into Engineering Mathematics still reeking of special brew and psych pussy
>sitting with my civil and mechanical engineer bros talking about how much we fucking ripped up last night
>take out my laptop (5 year old XPS, basically got it for the better build quality)
>boots into Windows automatically (grub autoloads windows if you don't press a key within 5 secs)
>whatever, just reading through slides
>hear autists scoff behind me
>turn around to see CS nerds who talk about video gaming throughout lecture
>not these guys again
>decide to do some shit to piss them off
>start talking loudly about how MATLAB is the best "coding app" with my civil bros
>they play along.
>start talking about how I use various apps to write my papers in "Lah-Tecks"
>start talking about how much fucking pussy we slaughtered the previous night again
>start talking about how shitty Archlinux is
>tfw I can see CS nerds getting visibly annoyed
>tfw they don't say anything to me
>tfw I discover they have a crush on a girl who wants my D
>she lives in the room next door to one of the CS guys
>fuck her against the wall adjoining his room for weeks
>one time he knocks on the door because we're fucking at 3am
>open the door with this face as he begins to cry (pic related)
>baby, who is that?
>some fag crying
>I close the door

Love how nerds don't understand the concept of a simple fuck competition, he could have fucked someone too, but he just cried about it. Faggot.

What a cuck. I bet he fucking cuddled her once I pumped and dumped too. top kek
>>
>CS nerds
>using arch Linux
Doubt if this happened. Almost all of cs is filled with normies anyways.
>>
More pathetic than being cucked is inventing fictional stories about how you cucked someone.
>>
>>52118432

bahaha ofcourse you did, virgin
>>
>>52118524
>>52118567
>>52118579
this is copypasta
>>
>>52118597
good copypasta though.

ticks all the boxes apart from subtlety.
>>
>>52118648
>good copypasta
sounds more like a typical angry virgin college kid
>>
>>52118432

go the fuck to bed nigger
>>
>>52118432
>engineer
>getting pussy

1/10
>>
File: 123123123123123.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
123123123123123.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>52118671
Oh, come on
>>
>>52118432
This is a copy-pasta from way back. Seen it before.
>>
>>52118432
So, where are you going to apply to, after your take your ACT? Safe to say your won't be applying to anyplace that needs the SAT.
>>
>>52118671
Exactly.

Good copypasta. You can relate to it.
>>
Linux looks very interesting, even if some of the screen colours and menu options appear to be a little out of the ordinary.

But you are missing a vital point, a point which takes some experience and depth of knowledge in the field of computers. You see, when a computer boots up, it needs to load various drivers and then load various services. This happens long before the operating system and other applications are available.

Linux is a marvellous operating system in its own right, and even comes in several different flavours. However, as good as these flavours are, they first need Microsoft Windows to load the services prior to use.

In Linux, the open office might be the default for editing your wordfiles, and you might prefer ubuntu brown over the grassy knoll of the windows desktop, but mark my words young man – without the windows drivers sitting below the visible surface, allowing the linus to talk to the hardware, it is without worth.

And so, by choosing your linux as an alternative to windows on the desktop, you still need a windows licence to run this operating system through the windows drivers to talk to the hardware. Linux is only a code, it cannot perform the low level function.

My point being, young man, that unless you intend to pirate and steal the Windows drivers and services, how is using the linux going to save money ? Well ? It seems that no linux fan can ever provide a straight answer to that question !

May as well just stay legal, run the Windows drivers, and run Office on the desktop instead of the linus.
>>
I usually say I code fizzbuzz in HTML5 and Flash
>>
I snort audibly every time some CS useless shit says 'I'm a software engineer'.
>>
>>52118432
>cuck
It's called "unrequited love". It is the basis of poetry and aesthetics.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 227x222
>>52118828
>snort
>>
>>52118828
Useless... hmm... you're equally useless if as an engineer you don't know at least the basics of electronics and computer science. Almost every control system today is electrical and most likely also has a microcontroller in it.
bait level: 2/10. made me reply
>>
>engineer sperg calling other people nerds

this wasn't even funny the last time you posted it
>>
>>52118867
>cuddling the girl you love after she has just had sex with another man
>spooning her as you feel the other guy's cum dribble out of her pussy, through her night-clothes and onto your leg
>it's still warm
>you move away and the fabric sticks to your leg
>the glue like cum pulls your leg hair as you separate them
>"stop moving Julian" she says, and you settle down
>"I'm so tired after all that sex with Jamal, I need rest before he comes over again"
>"I know this is your room, but I told him he could come here later, Hope that's ok"

But. you're not a cuck right?
>>
>>52118917
I've never cuddled a girl so no.
>>
>>52118817
exactly virgin
>>
>>52118867
If "cuck" and what's in poetry is equal to you then you're a degenerate.
>>
>>52118955
ok degenerate!
>>
>>52118983
>I don't have an argument so I admit I lost.
THE POST
>>
>>52118955
>implying Petrarch wouldn't be called a cuck by the types that use that word
>>
>>52119007
>i cant refute that i'm a degenerate
pls go cuck
>>
>>52118821
You realize most drivers come free with linux
>>
File: smug anime face.png (183 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.png
183 KB, 500x500
le epic look_at_me_Im_so_popular_and_clever_basically_Bateman+MrRobot_at_same_time.thread

right on vergin
>>
>>52119016
>One specific against the whole
>>52119029
Why would I refute something which is based on an already invalid point? There's no point in arguing when your base logic is already faulty.
Considering that you have already admitted to losing and you can't present a solid argument with proper use of a logic I would recommend you just to stop shitposting. Maybe next time.
>>
>>52119054
oh my god you are such a cuck AND a degenerate LOL!
>>
>>52119062
I can see you're really trying, son. So here's your reply.
>>
>>52119054
>One specific against the whole
Or how about Pushkin:

I loved you; even now I may confess,
Some embers of my love their fire retain;
But do not let it cause you more distress,
I do not want to sadden you again.
Hopeless and tongue-tied, yet I loved you dearly
With pangs the jealous and the timid know;
So tenderly I loved you, so sincerely,
I pray God grant another love you so.

Remember, this guy had more pussy in his life than everybody here taken together will ever have.
>>
>>52119076
it's okay baby, i can see you're really trying to save face here but it's the internet, nobody knows you :)
>>
File: kek.jpg (39 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
39 KB, 800x500
>>52118432
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=%3Efuck+her+against+the+wall+adjoining+his+room+for+weeks

Nice try =)
Maybe next time kiddo.
>>
>>52118710
Engineers are expected to see much money. Never had a problem getting laid even before getting the degree.
>>
This thread is full of newfags.
>>
>>52118821
Linux don't need Microsoft for anything. What are you talking about? If you are trying to trick people, then why do it on /g/ where people know better? We know that Linux don't use Windows for any services.
>>
>>52119138
nigger pls. 99.9% of engineers and cs kids aren't even capable of having a normal conversation let alone being a complete sperglord when talking to a girl
>>
>things that never happened
>>
>>52118867
I just realized how stupid poetry and literature really is. Like that one novel by Goethe about some guy named Werther who falls in love with a married girl named Lotte, and basically he commits suicide in the end because he can't get her. What a cuck.
>>
>>52119192
To be a good engineer you need to be social and not shy. You are expected to do lots of project work with other people. I don't meet many aspies doing engineering. Would be a bad field for them unless things are very different in America
>>
>>52118432
>girl
>wants
>D
jej
>>
>>52118889
That's exactly why CS people are useless though. Every engineer, mathematician and physician knows enough about computer science to do their job.
>>
>>52119227
except that's not the case at all

partnering up with a fellow aspie buddy for a school project won't make you more social and not shy
>>
>>52119227
This pretty much.

I was Civils (inb4 lol social studies). It's not hard to get laid at all. Psychology/sociology girls are easy, but I liked the medics and bio girls personally.

The EE and CS fags though? I imagine they'd be playing angry birds at an orgy. Supreme Autists.
>>
>>52119251
>physician
I didn't know doctors learn cs
>>
>>52119294
>I'm a special snowflake engineer who wasn't autistic and got laid all the time!
Confirmed for virgin
>>
>>52118432

Ehem.

>start talking loudly about how MATLAB is the best "coding app" with my civil bros

MATLAB is not only turing complete but also a high level programmign language. What's the deal?

>start talking about how I use various apps to write my papers in "Lah-Tecks"

I always found it annoying when you spell it differnt than you would pronounce it..
Seriously, how many people say "S - Q - L" and how many people call it (rigthfully) "SEQUEL"?

>start talking about how much fucking pussy we slaughtered the previous night again

3D girls? Disgusting.

>start talking about how shitty Archlinux is

Le arch linux meme..
On a sidenote, geeks like to use their very own tools to feel liek special snowflakes. So even if arch linux became that popular, it wouldn't be popular anymore very fast because the aforementioned reason.

cool_story_bro.gif
>>
>Be a CS researcher
>Some guy starts to talk very loudly about how edgy he is for using windows and matlab.
>whatever, I don't know you
>He talks shit about arch, maybe it is not for him.
>Him and his friends are really loud, so I get annoyed and walks away without confronting him.
>Go home to room, the guys next door is being loud.
>Being stressed about exams and the guys next door is still loud.
>Builds up some courage and walks to their door to tell them to shut up
>some guy is answering the door naked, disrespecting me
>I cry and run back to my room
What a mean faggot.
>>
>>52119341
ok kid.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>52119395
>Whatever helps you sleep at night.
yes of course, whatever helps YOU sleep at night :^)
>>
>mfw OP is circumcised and will never get the pleasure of having an intact penis inside a moist pussy
>>
File: 1305673620827.jpg (14 KB, 394x512) Image search: [Google]
1305673620827.jpg
14 KB, 394x512
>>52119388
>disrespecting me
>>
>>52119388
0/10 did not laugh
>>
>>52119251
The issue is that it shouldn't be called "computer science" when it's really just programming. Colleges shouldn't be giving degrees in programming and calling it a science, especially when any dumbass highschooler can learn to program over a weekend.
>>
>>52119192
>99.9%
Nigga what kind of college do you go to? Engineers get so much pussy. Maybe not as much as business with their frats, but most of the engineering majors at my university are loaded with normal-ass dudes and reasonable girls.
>>
>>52119477

>Engineers get so much pussy.

Hahaha, no.

My flatmate was an engineer and honestly all his buddys were masters of the friendzone.
>>
>>52119251
Not really. Many engineers hate programming.
Also, those who know programming are usually still not good enough for more complex or higher level projects especially which require modeling methods from the CS department. Numerical methods would be important for engineers, but most of them only learns about them at MSc level and they don't learn about how to really compute anything properly with a computer. CS includes a lot of math which is useful, especially optimization problems and graphs.
CS degree actually is useless for most people because of two things:
a, it's a specialized math degree, so you don't learn a wide range of applications like in engineering (and no physics).
b, you won't have much use for it if you're only doing code-monkey and "software engineering" jobs. Complex research and design (algorithm design, artificial intelligence, etc., economic simulations) is where you can make use of it, but very few people get to that level.
Also, it doesn't really take much effort to get a degree in CS (it's maybe just my uni) if you are not a full retard. Engineering is harder due to the amount of intuition and actual knowledge required. That doesn't mean there are no engineers who are the same level with an average CSfag.
Job reqs are definitely higher in Eng. compared to the let's make a web app in CS.
I can see both sides daily because my degree is CSE(Computer Science Engineering) in Europe.
>knows enough about computer science to do their job.
If their job doesn't need anything like that then I can agree with that, but good CS related knowledge is very useful when you want to do something more "hardcore".
>>52119463
A good CS degree isn't really about programming. It's closer to math you do with a computer and how problems can be solved using a computer. Read above, it's reason b.
>>
>>52119139
This thread is also infested with normalfags who think getting laid with 3DPD makes them special and are unironically using nerd and virgin as an insult on 4chan.
>>
>>52118828
Someone whose job title is "software engineer" likely makes 6 figures and does shit way beyond the level of a code monkey webdev who copies and pastes code snippets from stack overflow, I feel like it's a useful distinction
>>
>>52119609
What exactly does a SE do?
>>
File: 1319497621.jpg (29 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
1319497621.jpg
29 KB, 598x399
>>52118432
>Look mum, come quick! I posted a funny!
>>
>>52119477
stop deluding yourself lol engineers get the least pussy out of all majors, maybe except for something like physics
>>52119530
>getting laid with 3DPD makes them special
unfortunately you are not special, sorry
>unironically using nerd and virgin as an insult on 4chan
sorry to break it to you but not everybody here lives the same miserable lonely life as you do
>>
File: 1450825029160.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1450825029160.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>52118867

Poetry and Arch in same thread
>>
>>52119640
People who use nerd and virgin as an insult and gloat about their sex life and social life. Those are normalfags and they don't belong here. You belong on some other normalfag website.
>>
>>52119640
>not everybody here lives the same miserable lonely life as you do
There are two categories:
People that do live a similar life, and outsiders.
You're one or the other.

Be an outsider somewhere else.
>>
>>52119640
Physics!=engineering
>>52119508
You must go to a small University then. I go to a campus of around 50,000 and there are so many guys in engineering that all the real "friendzone" fags are off in IST and the shittier parts of liberal arts
>>
>>52119676
>>52119698
nah it's pretty comfy here so i'll stay
>>
>>52119727
Well that's fine, just don't start a fucking shitstorm every time someone calls you out for being a non-virgin.
Fucking sperg
>>
>>52119722
>I go to a campus of around 50,000 and there are so many guys in engineering that all the real "friendzone" fags are off in IST and the shittier parts of liberal arts

sure bud, keep telling yourself that. it's the same in just about every university - engineers can't get with girls
>>
>>52118821
This has to be bait.

8/8 anon
>>
>>52119514
Sadly good cs degrees are rare
>>
File: pBtTJKI.jpg (83 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
pBtTJKI.jpg
83 KB, 854x640
I'm 25 and started an Electrical Engineering degree two years ago after dropping liberal arts. Workload is the only difference between majors, it's not a fucking sorting hat for who gets laid and who doesn't. Focus on being the best version of yourself and go outside more.
>>
>>52119758
Shut up virgin.
>>
>>52119766
>my shitty University is like every other shitty University and every engineer with a girlfriend or a fuckbuddy is a liar
K den :^]
>>
>>52119758
why you getting so mad that I called you a virgin? as you said, it's normal to be a virgin on /g/ so it's not even an insult
>>
>>52119622
They solve problems
>>
>>52119807
Like I said, don't get mad when someone calls you a non-virgin.
>>
>>52119811
haha don't get mad at me just because you can't get out of your comfort zone and talk to girls. if engineers did that then maybe they'd get with girls :)

also my university is among world's top 20 with over 80,000 students ;) engineers complain about lack of girls all the time
>>
File: cv.jpg (5 KB, 148x141) Image search: [Google]
cv.jpg
5 KB, 148x141
>>52119857
Why would I get mad when someone states that I am a person who has felt the inside of a woman's deliciously moist vagina with my erect penis?

I'm not a virgin like you, so I have nothing to be ashamed of, virgin.
>>
>>52119783
Indeed, even if the degree is only "moderately good", but gives a solid foundation in the basics it can still be some good to you if you read shit (and interested in shit) in your free time. You don't have to be sitting in front of the comp. 24/7 either. People like that are also rare though (in other degrees too).
>>
>>52119783
most cs education curriculum are turning into shit these days. educators are trying to take out all the maths out of it
>>
I know it was a pasta, but shirt like this is why I'm leaving the technology field. Everyone's so far up their own asses it's amazing.
>>
>>52119871
>also my university is among world's top 20
>top 20
How Cute.
I went to Imperial College London to study engineering.

No one I know had any trouble getting laid. It wasn't even a topic of conversation, because pretty much everyone I know had girlfriends.

The same goes for nearly all my friends at Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Bristol, Durham etc.. No one really has trouble getting laid, regardless of subject studied. Maybe you go to a university of autists.
>>
>>52119942
this desu, autists would never be accepted to a better university
>>
>>52119942
>No one I know had any trouble getting laid. It wasn't even a topic of conversation, because pretty much everyone I know had girlfriends.

bahaha okay there

fact stands bud, regardless of which school: engineers can't get with girls
>>
>>52119994
>he doesn't have an engineering gf
top kek
>>
>>52120021
>girls in engineering
ayy lmao
>engineering gf
I'm so sorry to hear that.
>>
>>52119994
everyone knows you're just trolling here and the fact that you are probably the only virgin here shows
and you're not funny, only sad
my condolences
>>
>>52120042
don't get mad at me just because you a shitty college life with no girls bud
>hurr you're a troll
truth hurts bruh
>>
>>52119040
>>52119169
>these idiots
just leave
>>
>>52119994
Virgin detected.
>>
>>52120055
>>hurr you're a troll
>truth hurts bruh
apparently

I only ever see virgins arguing about others being virgins
why do you care so much?
go fuck a hooker and get over it you annoying shits
>>
>>52120021
>having a 3DPG gf
>not wanting a superior 2D gf
normalfag pls
>>
Of course they can get girlfriends. They're usually hambeasts, but they can get girlfriends.
>>
>>52120081
>having 2D waifu
>said waifu is the waifu of 10000 other NEETs
ultimate cuck
>>
>>52120077
>>52120077
>I only ever see virgins arguing about others being virgins
oh wow how hypocritical is that!?
>go fuck a hooker and get over it you annoying shits
no need, but you should heed your own advice
>>
>>52120104
>implying my waifu is a waifu shared by 6 gorillion NEETs.
>>
>>52120225
>implying im not fantasizing about your waifu right now
you just got cuck'd
>>
>>52120249
lel, it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>52120281
tell that to our waifu
>>
>>52120281
that's exactly how it works
>>
>>52120302
>>52120309
Just because some fag is "fantasizing" about my waifu doesn't mean that she loves him over me.
>>
>>52120324
Just because some fag is "fantasizing" about his "waifu" "loving" him doesn't mean she loves him.
>>
>>52119514
While true that many engineers hate programmings (nor are they "good" at it from a coding perspective; they can get the job done, but it wont be pretty, stable or safe), its still easier to teach a mech.eng major proramming, than to teach a CS major mechanical engineering. also, dont know which university you went to, but "numerical methods and programming" is right there amongt calculus and linear algebra for engineering undergrads. I mean, once you get past first year stuff, most problems cannot be solved by anything other than numerics. So yes, maybe engineers dont get to the same level at programming as CS majors.. but they sure are easier to re-train. to that end, i have a friend who is a M.Sc in mechanical eng. but works for spotify, doing backend stuff on their software...
>>
>>52120429
By numerical methods I meant actually what's called numerical methods (at least here). How do you compute things on a computer. Limitations and behavior of the IEEE 854 floating point implementation for example. Numerical integration/derivation methods, methods for solving system of linear equations numerically (how can you check if it's converges properly), etc.
>its still easier to teach a mech.eng major proramming,
I can agree with that if it's just programming. Also, most CS guys aren't really interested in engineering.
On the other hand "real" CS like stuff is more in the fields of artificial intelligence, optimizations, computer vision, intelligent systems, etc. and a lot of theoretical research. That's why it's an overkill degree for just programming. On the other hand it can easily be useful for an engineer to know in depth about it. Good knowledge of graphs and related algorithms are really good for example circuit analysis. It's also good if you know more about CS and you can properly write algorithms and know certain algorithms (like special kind of tress) if you work on some embedded systems with time constraints. It also helps with properly understanding a problem and providing a good/clean solution using a computational approach.
However if your only motivation of programming is to do what required from that part of the world to do your job then it's fine. All I'm saying is that you can be pretty badass with a proper understanding of computation paired with an engineering degree.
> i have a friend who is a M.Sc in mechanical eng. but works for spotify
That's proof of it. It's also proof that the degree doesn't make the man. On the other hand it's a pretty good pointer. A pure CS guy probably has no interest in engineering, but an engineer more likely to have an interest in programming though, at least at a basic level.
That's exactly why I didn't go for CS, because I had no interest in studying pure CS.
>>
Computer science defiantly has its special snowflakes, more than engineering... i can second that
>>
>>52120739
>Numerical integration/derivation methods, methods for solving system of linear equations numerically (how can you check if it's converges properly), etc.
yes, exactly that. Numerical integration of PDE's and convergence is pretty much the precursor to finite-element methods, so at least in my uni, every undergrad has to know this. in addition to more theoretical stuff just like you mentioned, float point errors, conditioning of large systems, when you can benefit from parallel computations and when you cant, etc.... this shit is vital for engineers who do more than CAD shit up and "trust the software".
>most CS guys aren't really interested in engineering.

This is very true. and in my university CS is part of the engineering department, and that irks me to no end.

In general, a real engineering degree+ a good head for math and computers will take you pretty much anywhere you wanna go. I see a lot of undergrads in my field shy away from taking electives in math or CS because "its not mandatory" or "overkill", while failing to see that engineering (mechanical or otherwise) is much wider.

On topic: The guys at my dept. get more pussy than the nerds at CS, thats for fucking certain.
>>
>>52120999
>yes, exactly that.
Ok, thanks. Some of our engineering degrees get this late or maybe I overlooked something in the curriculum of the school.
>in general, a real engineering degree+ a good head for math and computers will take you pretty much anywhere you wanna go.
Agreed. That's exactly why I didn't go full CS. I loved engineering, but I also liked computers back then. Since then I questioned my decision in favor of engineering, but the CS side has a lot of useful stuff too. Good that I can do a proper engineering MSc though.
>>
>>52119415
>>52119811
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52118432
Sometimes I wonder whether anyone on /g/ actually does study engineering or computer science.

As a computer engineer I have never encountered this kind of rivalry IRL. I have university friends from all across Europe and never would anyone start to talk shit about someone else's university, hell my gf is even from another university.

Fucking sperglords.
>>
>engineer
>literally defined as someone that is there to fix the problem another engineer created

>scientist
>defined as person that answers the problem

engineering is the welfare degree
>>
>>52121186
During law school I never heard anyone talking shit ever. Everyone was really friendly.
>>
File: spurod.jpg (26 KB, 436x402) Image search: [Google]
spurod.jpg
26 KB, 436x402
>those posts
Is this the thread where I'm required to post when I'm insecure about my degree?
>>
>>52118597
this is samefag
>>
>>52118432
you sound like a real winner
>>
>>52118432

what a story
>>
>>52119622
They engineer large-scale software solutions and are who you actually want in a very hands-on project management position.
>>
>>52119313
I think he meant physicist.
>>
File: 1450932072112.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
1450932072112.gif
208 KB, 354x534
>>52118432
>somebody not shitting on CivE for once

regardless of this post being bait my ego is satiated
>>
>>52121215
>engineer a tall building
>to fix the wind and soil, which another engineer created

I think you might be retarded, friend.
>>
>>52119294
hey now. I'm an EE and fuck my American Studies qt girlfriend every day
>>
>>52119514
Meh, I've heard this story about a thousand times how CS (or Informatics) is some special snowflake maths degree, how they're better than everyone else and yadda yadda

There's usually 2 groups
a) the theoretical math guys who would've ended up better just studying applied maths and who - as high level researchers - don't want to be associated with filthy programmers
b) the "software engineers" (usually simultaneously studying business something) who don't cease to come up with fancy titles for themselves and their special software management work which is oh so special and different than that of the common folks

I studied CS and have no problem calling myself a "computer programmer", because that's what it all amounts to, since CS branched off of maths a few decades ago. All the math we do, all the algorithms we learn in the end are for programming computers.

I always enjoyed maths during my CS course works , really. But I always thought of it as a tool, rather than as a destination in itself. My goal was and has been to create cool programs, that might end up helping people.

Dijkstra was right to compare CS with Astronomy in the sense that it's not about computers.
But it's about programs, really. I like to compare CS more with photography, and presumably call it "programming". A Programmer just like a photographer needs their PC or their camera to make programs or to make photos.
They don't necessarily need to be able to build a PC or camera from scratch - and frankly most of them probably can't - but it's an essential part of their work and should be respected as such.
>>
>>52121404
How is it to be in a mixed relationship? Mixed as in one is smart and the other one dumb as fuck?
>>
>>52121404
>girlfriend
>qt
>fuck
>i
jej
>>
>>52121472
>How is it to be in a mixed relationship? Mixed as in one is smart and the other one dumb as fuck?

It's just a different smart honestly. She's in some accelerated prelaw program and has some pretty hard essays and reports all the time that I wouldn't want to do.

anyway I think it's good to date someone outside of engineering. they think differently and it's a nice balance to me.(also all the girl engineers are 0/10)
>>
>>52118432
I'll take things that never actually happend for $1000 Alex.
>>
>>52121505
is it really that hard to believe that I have any social skills at all? I thought I was an aspie for not having gf until my senior year of high school, but after the first it's so much easier. give it a try man, you'll be glad you did
>>
Nice pasta.
>>
>>52121578
Alright nice for you, I dont think I could do it though. I have friends who study humanities but sometimes it feels like we are in different worlds.
>>
>>52121463
>Meh, I've heard this story about a thousand times how CS (or Informatics) is some special snowflake maths degree, how they're better than everyone else and yadda yadda
I never said that, but nevertheless you seemed to be able to capture it quite well. It's all about algorithms and proper modeling of problems.
I also coverd both of your groups. I said SE is the part where you wont use much of CS. Research and more math oriented jobs are where you can really see use of it.
>>52121463
Last paragraph is also quite true.
>>
>>52119388
>be a CS student
>some neckbearded fedora-wearing student taking engineering 101 for the third time walks into Engineering Mathematics
>everyone moves seats to avoid sitting next to him
>looks at me, suddenly shuts down his computer running Linux Mint (by holding the power button) and boots into Windows while making a faggy snickering sound
>he starts talking loudly and ostentatiously about MATLAB and CODING and "lah-teks" to the one guy next to him that didn't move, who tries to play along to avoid triggering his autism
>pretty fucking amusing tb.h
>unfortunately his room adjoins mine, and I have to hear him play WOW and use his japanese sex toys late into the night
>At 3 AM one night, knock on his door
>answers the door wearing nothing but his fedora, with 3 dragon dildos up his ass and cheeto dust all over his fingers and body
>cry from the sheer horror
>>
>>52123181
weak retort tbqh
>>
>>52123312
I meant to reply to OP
>>
>>52118432

>XPS
>got it for the build quality
>>
>>52118432
>ITT, things that never happened
>>
>>52121186
engineers at my school talk shit about every other major. sometimes in irl (especially during frosh) and online

not really exclusive to engineers though. other STEM majors also talk shit about arts & humanities majors. some business majors acknowledge their major is easier but will retort they'll end up making more money than them

>>52121232
>law school
i'd assume everybody in law school would be mature enough by then unlike undergraduates
>>
>>52118867
>>52118917
>>52118937
>>52119223
>>52119653
offtopic goes here >>>/b/
>>
>>52123910
you belong here >>>/b/
>>
>>52119804
Are you enjoying EE so far?
>>
File: 1450191587088.png (74 KB, 221x197) Image search: [Google]
1450191587088.png
74 KB, 221x197
>CS
>>
>>52121353
SHUT UP BRIDGE MONKEY
>>
>people can't recognize copypasta that is less than 2 years old
Why dont you kys desu senpaitachi?
>>
>blatant troll thread
>145 replies
>>
>>52118432
>engayneers
>fucking women
Nice projection faggot, you're no math major, you can only pound flat twink asses
>>
>mfw physics engineering
>>
>>52118432

>filed under never happened
creative fiction is on one of those lgbt boards
>>
good thread, I enjoyed this.
>>
>>52119050
you're pretty autistic for such a young kid
#rekt
>>
>>52123656
/thread
>>
>>52121615
jej
>>
>>52118524
Can confirm. Windows 10 mostly. Rich Asians use OS X and me and one other dude use arch.
>tfw Asians and I are the top of the class
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.