[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ents, what are your favorite Linux Distro and also the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Tux.svg.png (458 KB, 2000x2320) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Tux.svg.png
458 KB, 2000x2320
Hello /g/ents, what are your favorite Linux Distro and also the ones you hate the most as well?
>>
>>52118358
>ubuntu is for niggers
/thread
>>
I like Ubuntu and it's derivatives and Arch and "some" of it's derivatives

I hate Zorin OS and Manjaro I absolutely fucking hate those distro's it runs like shit and it's bloated
>>
>>52118358
Ubuntu is my favourite

openSUSE is my least favourite

Now call me a faggot and make me dispense free blowjobs
>>
I like Void Linux & Arch Linux
I meh-like gentoo (portage is shit)
I hate Fedora for the *tips* meme
>>
Arch, Redhat distros

Debian based distros, purely because of packages and package manager
>>
File: 3577725.jpg (106 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
3577725.jpg
106 KB, 500x320
Arch Linux
>>
I have only used Mandrake (yeah, I was a Linuxfag in 2002) and Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is decent and flashy, but it's no Win10.
>>
>>52118358
favorite: Debian
most hated: Arch
face it faggots its fucking easy to install if you've used linux for more than 10 minutes, and there is literally no fucking advantage
>>
>>52118767
not trying to back up the shit community for Arch, but none of them actually pretend it's hard to "read the wiki and follow intructions"
>>
>>52118992
It's arch only really used for servers? Or am i getting mixed up with another distro?
>>
>>52118488
Portage is fantastic and arch is a watered down gentoo.
>>
>>52119306
I don't think arch is used much on servers as a rolling release. I don't know and honestly don't care either.
>>
>>52119306
arch on a server is the most stupid thing you can do
>>52118992
i've encountered people who unironically thought arch teaches you "how your computer really works" or that installing it with an automated installer is not the "arch way"
debian or ubuntu minimal gives you the same shit
>inb4 noobuntu
it's not as bad as you want it to seem for a newbie
>>
>>52119446
>it's not as bad as you want it to seem for a newbie
which is by the way what arch seems to cater to
newbies who want to seem experienced
>>
favorite: Debian testing
most hated: red hat
>>
>>52119446
ignore the hardcore KISS principle tards

i like it minimal too, but i'm not caging myself in in the linux world, which is for freedom of choice in my perspective.
>>
I love Arch but I also hate Arch because of the cancerous fanbase.
>>
Why does everyone love Devbian so much?

Nothing against it. It's a good system. But it just feels like it doesn't do anything especially well apart from being stable, which I doubt that many need on their desktop.

What is the draw of Debian?
>>
>>52119540
I don't like it.
>>
>>52119404
and void gathers the best from both together in one distro.
xbps & xbps-src are wonderful tools.
>>
>>52119540
just werks
>>
>>52119540
debian testing>stable on desktop
debian gives you a lot of choice, even supported choice (unlike arch).
installing debian without systemd is supported for example. the installer is awesome and you can choose to install it minimally or fully featured.
50000 packages in the official repositories are quite a lot.
you can use it fully free or with both free and non-free software.
>>
>>52119558
Void is much much more breakage prone and more restrictive than gentoo (though this may just be my experience with the musl distribution).

Portage is way better than xbps.

Rinit is really nice though.
>>
>>52118358
>favorite Linux Distro
Debian
>ones you hate the most
Debian
>>
>>52119800
true, gentoo is still the most flexible out there with portage. But portage hickups here and there, without masking or unmasking. That did turn me off for it.
>>
>>52118358
Linux Lite
>>
>>52118358
>Favorite
Arch
>Hate
Antergos
>>
Like: RPM, minimalist and source based distros

Dislike: apt-based, especially eOS, other ripoffs
>>
>>52118441
start with me, bitch
>favorite
arch lunix
>least favorite
fedora
>>
Favorites: Xubuntu, Debian, Arch, and I'm really liking raspbian rn
Least favorites: Ubuntu(Unity), Fedora(because of the name), and I hate Gentoo's logo
>>
I use debian stretch and jessie. My least favorite is arch, because it's useless and time consuming. Been fucking with it for about a year, never coming back.
>>
Favorites: Debian and Fedora/CentOS
Hated: Arch and its derivatives, Ubuntu spinoffs.
>>
Manjaro
>>
I mostly prefer Ubuntu and Mint for up to date Krita and Plex and stuff.

There isn't really a distro I particularly dislike, though.
>>
Fav: Slackware and Void
Hated: everything systemd
>>
>>52125175
most non-retarded distros let you use them without systemd. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemd#Adoption_and_Reception
>>
I use Arch, but Ubuntu flavours are fine too.
>>
fav: buntu gnome, fedora
ok: arch
h8: elementary, solus and crap ton of other shit
>>
>>52119446
apt is straight shit
>>
>>52125644
>apt is shit meme
for what reason? please post something that is still relevant and doesn't have to do with stupid users not updating before upgrading and not reading changes.
>>
Debian stable is my favorite because I can't be bothered to update shit as long as it works. Can't really name any distro I hate because this would require me to care about some peculiar shit they do.
>>
Tiny Core looks interesting.
>>
>>52118488
>I hate Fedora for the *tips* meme
That has nothing to do with the distro.
>>
>>52119306
I like arch, but having a server run on it is stupid. That adrenaline junkie who does that creates a big problem for whoever have to take over when the first guy gets fired
>>
fav = Gentoo
hate = I dont hate a distro, but I do hate the Arch userbase
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.