[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>.ahk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1346264840780.jpg (107 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1346264840780.jpg
107 KB, 500x344
>.ahk
>>
>>52114710
AHK has better facilities for interacting with GUIs than any set of language binds you can name.

We live in a world where GUIs are a reality, for better or worse, so if you're going to automate them you might as well get the best tool set, which happens to be simple enough that people with minimal programming experience can use it too.
>>
>>52114757
windows user detected
>>
>>52114783
OSX usually, and I'll shill for apple but the reality is AHK is better software than automator ever will be.

P.S. X binds are almost never a good solution to automation.
>>
>>52114757
I just with the language wasn't so fucking retarded.
>>
>>52115019
yeah, the syntax is pretty ugly and you can tell a lot of it was built up over time as opposed to actually designed but then so was javascript and yet we still manage to do cool things with it, doesn't make it bad.
>>
File: angered_moeblob.png (642 KB, 726x1040) Image search: [Google]
angered_moeblob.png
642 KB, 726x1040
>>52114710
>.dmg
>thumbs.db
>.DS_STORE
>.nfo
>.sys
>>
>>52114757
If you are trying to use a GUI program for a scriptable task then you are using the wrong program.
>>
>>52114757
>no threading
>retarded bastard syntax of visual basic and php
>slow scripting language
>detected as malware because of all the skiddies that use it
>no useful libraries
>almost nobody has heard of it, 0 support
just why
>>
>>52114710
i love x-files!
:)
>>
>>52117347
>[desire to believe intensifies]
>>
File: 5.png (216 KB, 800x933) Image search: [Google]
5.png
216 KB, 800x933
>>52115065
>.DS_STORE
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.