[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just hired into Geek Squad ARA (Advanced Repair Agent). Been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: 157px-Geek_Squad_logo.svg.png (11 KB, 157x100) Image search: [Google]
157px-Geek_Squad_logo.svg.png
11 KB, 157x100
Just hired into Geek Squad ARA (Advanced Repair Agent). Been there a couple months now.. Ask me anything.
>>
>>52113969
When did you realize that geek squad is literally retarded and just Google's all the solutions to any problems they have.
>>
Do you hate life yet?
>>
what kind of % of the ripoff loot is commissioned to "agents"?

and what is that agent orange superninja all about? (the remote thing)
>>
>>52114004
Not OP but they do literally google things they don't know
>>
>>52114004
Isn't that 99% of IT though?
>>
>>52114004
Before I even got there. All of our clients are old as fuck and don't have clue what they are doing.

>>52114035
Nope, I actually like it there.

>>52114057
We don't get commission. I get 14hr to sit around and take spyware off retards computers.
>>
Can you upload a MRI 5.10 so I can use it?
>>
>>52114070
I'm not in IT, so I can't say for sure, but from the stories I've heard about geek squad they only fix issues that have easily searchable solutions and anything more difficult they just recommend completely wiling the device or just buying a new one.
>>
File: 1439907633038.jpg (52 KB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
1439907633038.jpg
52 KB, 450x472
Hey Cucksquad, Office Depot technician here, how does it feel knowing I do the same services for less money and more satisfaction?
>>
>>52114057
Best Buy is pure 100% hourly
>>
>>52114086
Sorry man, MRI 5.10.25 just came out. I'm not at work right now.

>>52114100
I don't give a fuck to be honest. I still get my paycheck and I'm getting paid more than you.
>>
>>52114100
Are you seriously conparing retail lifestyles? That's just sad anon....
>>
>>52114119

Okay, well can you upload the image to a private tracker so I can use it? ;)

Which precinct are you working at? I used to work in 587, Whitehall PA.

The place was broken as fuck and I fought tooth and nail to go back to computers after hitting record sales for 6 consecutive months.
>>
>>52114137
Then what's it matter? You should have 10-20 MRIs floating around....
>>
>>52114137
OP here, I seriously would upload but I'm not at work right now so I can't help much.
>>
>>52114155

Well the keyword was, "used to"

The only decent thing that came out of working there was having access to the MRI for personal freelance. I'm using a cracked version of 5.7.1 now, but it's dated. Any non-cracked version has an expiration timer, so I'm assed out until someone uploads a new one.
>>
>>52114119

I'm just trying to harass you over an anime imageboard chill out breh

In all seriousness, I'm considering transferring because of the pay. How much yall make starting? You need any certs?
>>
>>52114100

doesn't Office Depot simply install Nexus remote software on their customer pc's, connect it to an internet connection, then call up a Support.com rep to remote in and do all the real work?

... 'cause that's what I heard.
>>
>>52114291
Nah, I came from Asset Protection. I'm making 14hr right now starting off. Ill probably make a little more when me review comes up. Shits easy.
>>
>>52113969
OP what qualifications did you put on your resume? Did you have any certs or any previous background in IT?
>>
>>52114452
Not really, I have a strong background in Law enforcement which is why I was hired with Asset Protection.

Have always been a nerd though, and fixed computers on side. Started to randomly talk to the Geek Squad manager and told him about the computer side jobs. A part time position opens and I applied for it.

I have zero certs, though I plan on getting some because I would like to move to a real IT environment.
>>
>>52114503
fuck you OP

>GS manager complete fucking idiot
>sales manager mac fucks up and has a meeting early in the morning, needs to get files
>GS spends two hours trying to figure out whats wrong
>calls his ARA at 11pm to come fix it

he's so fucking bad, just this 3-5 months 3 people from his department left.

also I dont even get to be ARA since he wants CA exp and the nigga told me to applied and never got back to me about it. two weeks after that two new fucking CAs appeared.
>>
>>52114630
Sorry man, our store is fucking amazing. GM is fucking awesome. GS manager is cool as fuck. Everyone I work with back there is fucking cool as shit and gets drunk on the weekend.

I've heard horror stories of other stores. I feel VERY fortunate in how my store is.
>>
>>52114503
how was the interview like? also what is your typical day like? i want a job such as yours, but there is no opening on their website.
>>
>>52114330
Yes, that's exactly what I did when I worked there. It was maddening, since there were network connection issues all the fucking time somewhere down the pipe, and while I'm pretty sure it was a problem with our store or ISP, there wasn't anything I could do about it. Computers would sit idly all night long, and customers would come in and bitch about shit not being done. BUT, if I just buckled down and did it myself, I got yelled at for a) breaking protocol and contract with Support.com, and b) not selling as much to other customers

oh, and i got paid eight bucks an hour. fuck Office Depot
>>
>>52114100
>same services for less money
Who got cucked again?
>>
>>52113969
Store number?
>>
>>52114070
>Isn't that 99% of IT though?
Yes. Even at Tier 3. The thing about I.T. is not knowing the answer, but knowing what to look for.
>>
>>52114137
>>52114155
>>52114169
how are these so hard to get
>>
Have any fellow senior employees dropped any hints about if Geek Squad actively refuses applications from people who are a lot more qualified than the average Geek Squad employee? Because my shithole town's Best Buy is one of the few job options I have for now, and I like to think that I'm more applicable for SOME position, but I haven't even got an acknowledgement email from the 3rd-party hiring site for the last two years I've been constantly re-applying
>>
>>52115790
Why don't you just apply directly? Or walk in and ask
>>
>>52114004
Not OP but former geek squad employee.

Most norms don't know what they are reading when they Google it. That's why they show up at geek squad.
>>
Best Buy home theater associate here. What is your, or Geek Squad's, overall opinion of the sales staff?
>>
>>52115802
I tried that once, and they just told me I have to do it online instead. Same deal when I asked about a standard Best Buy position too
>>
>>52115815
You gotta try harder than that>>52115820

Former gs from the post above you,

Mostly shit. Magnolia was ok, but the tech floor are clueless.

True story; woman brought in a gpu that died and her husband told her to come in with it and ask for the closest replacement. 6 people on the sales floor had no idea what pci it was and called me over. Literally just a old pci x1 and handed her the only card we had. They all thanked me for it later.

2011 @ Kildeer, Illinois Best Buy
>>
Wow, you started at 14? They started me at 11.40, and my 2 yr review, which was perfect, i said i wanted the national average (13.10) or i would leave and they basically laughed at me.

I got a job shortly after as a jr network admin making nearly double and left a review on glassdoor at how pisspoor the management is.
>>
>>52115870
Pretty much every other department agrees that the most incompetent department is computers. No joke, about a week or so ago I had a new hire ask me, in front of customers, what a camcorder is and if we carry them. I had to try incredibly hard to not just laugh in his face.
>>
Why are you guys so fucking useless
>>
>>52115870
>Literally just a old pci x1 and handed her the only card we had.

You still failed.

Pci-e x1 vid card are ancient and cost-prohibitive as fuck. You just screwed over an old lady.
>>
>>52115972
because the smart people have real IT jobs
>>
>>52115602

They're not if you're an actual AASP with GSX access.
Every version of MRI and ASD are available to registered GSX users.
>>
>>52116163
I mean how is it so hard for regular plebs like me to get. If it's super easy to get these why hasn't someone taken one for the team and uploaded that shit?
>>
>>52114412

asset protection???

>mfw I used to work for BB's "asset protection" honcho Avni Elezi 20 yrs ago
>>
>>52113969
How do you feel about your precinct overall? I'm a full-time CA, trying to work my way up to ARA (I am one of the few there who is actually A+ Certified). My precinct is really chill. Our DCI is a total bro, and outside of a couple of lazy fucks, we are mostly all knowledgeable and hard-working. Wish I was paid a bit more than $11.33, but for how relatively stress-free the job is (especially compared to the Computers department I came from, which is easily the hardest and most thankless of the whole store), I honestly cannot complain too much.
>>
do you ever feel like a plastic bag?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.