[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I'm one click away from buying a Das Ultimate 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sidewinderx4.jpg (131 KB, 1500x746) Image search: [Google]
sidewinderx4.jpg
131 KB, 1500x746
Hey /g/
I'm one click away from buying a Das Ultimate 4 keyboard. Any advice? I'm currently using my Microsoft Sidewinder X4 from 2012 and I sure do like my dedicated calculator button...
>>
>>52113703
Bump.
>>
I'm typing on it right now, with the MX Blues. My only complaint is that the keycaps wear easily. I have been typing for about a year, every day, and I can already see lots of smooth spots on some common keys. The dedicated media buttons are great and are a godsend, and work with foobar out of the box. The build quality is great, almost completely metal. It causes the keyboard to be extremely heavy. The 2 USB 3.0 ports on the top are really nice, I plug my mouse into it. The height adjust is a little odd, its a magnetic ruler thing that snaps onto the bottom, but its an interesting approach. The keyboard is a bit overpriced but if you don't mind overpaying a little bit, then its a great buy. If you have any questions, let me know.
>>
>>52113703
/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

For tech support/issues with computers, use /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests or simplfy jump out of your window
>>
The Das keycaps aren't that great. But the overall build quality is better than most 'gamer keyboards' out there. If you don't mind the layout or the keyswitches used, then buy away.

But if you're looking for dedicated buttons, the best solution is to get a programmable keyboard and do whatever you want with that.
>>
>>52113815
Thanks a lot for the reply. The 2 usb 3.0 ports are definitely tempting. And heavy is nice. The keycaps wearing is sad, but can't be any worse than my now 4 red lit up WASD keys.

All things considered, I guess I can sacrifice the Calculator button and extra keys on the side.

>>52113833
Leave.
>>
Yeah, and if you need to, you can always replace the caps. Good luck with your purchase!
>>
>>52113703
kill yourself for creating yet another cancer thread
seriously OP, why even stay alive?
>>
>>mkg
>>
File: saltyaf.png (523 KB, 800x488) Image search: [Google]
saltyaf.png
523 KB, 800x488
>>52114009
>>
>>52113815
>>52113703
I have the exact same keyboard and keys and I can also agree that it's a great keyboard. the best part is definitely the media buttons and the volume wheel. If you use headphones a lot the ear of access of those things are godsend.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.