[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit that happened to you because you are IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 133303794.jpg (815 KB, 2144x1424) Image search: [Google]
133303794.jpg
815 KB, 2144x1424
>3 days ago old man gets a call about needed to record a documentary about said person who called which so happens to be in the family
>He calls my old man and not me
>Don't have a Capture card have to go to the ISP's website to watch the livestream to record
>Have to jump multiple hoops because shit only works on IE 9-11 and requires silverlight.
>Documentary is about washed up football players and is 2 episodes each 3 hours long
>Record each and suffer watching them because silverlight automatically ajust for the tinniest thing and sets the quality to low.
>Documentary airs in 2 diferent days
>9 hours of work over the course of 3 days later
>I have all the footage in HD
>put it as a single file, compressed the shit out of it and stuck it into a 2gb usb flash drive.
>I charge 50€/H(since i'm unnenployed and any specialized work that requires me to jump over the hoops as to be worth my while)
>I charged 30€/H instead making it a grand total of 270€ for the whole job.
>Present both the work done and the bill to the old man since he was the one who took the job for me even though the other person had my number
>"You can't charge that much anon he's familly and (Insert familly excuses here)".
ThisIsgoingtobeFunToExplaintotheguywhohorderedtheservicewithoutknowingtherates.webm
>He returns the flash drive and the bill.

And now I still have to deliver this shit tomorow and cash out because I literally wasted 9 hours of my life 6 of them watching a documentary on football washouts.

What do /g/

>Also Post your own stories
>>
>>52110739
My god your English is bad.
>>
>>52110881
After 3 days of menial work and having to record that shit in my sleep time I care not for my poor spelling and grammer.
>>
>>52110739
not your tech support bitch

sage
>>
i think its trying to communicate..
>>
Why would you even bother in the first place?
>>
>>52110739
you did business before negotiating payment. entirely your fault.
>>
File: GordonRamsay.jpg (694 KB, 2441x2193) Image search: [Google]
GordonRamsay.jpg
694 KB, 2441x2193
does he have a network admin twin?
>>
>>52110739
you are not IT, you are a fucking retard
>>
>>52110739
>9 hours
Top fucking kek
Who do you think you are? Bill Gates?
I spent 24 hours on a film project in 3 days, bitch more kid
>>
>>52110967
>9 hours over 3 days

Cry me a fucking river
>>
>>52110739
>IT
>unemployed
NEET is not IT.
>>
>>52113182
>>52112974
9 Hours of my free time.
Currently working on rebuilding houses to get some money flowing.
From 8 am to 9 PM i'm working non stop, thats a 13 hour workday.

>>52112079
Not completly true, shit was done behind my back , but it was also partly my faulth as I forgot to negotiate payment but its also not my fault as the person that wanted the job went behind my back and did not contact me directly.

>>52112034
I dunno reputation maybe? I'v been on autopilot so long I don't even know.
>>
>>52113319
No i'm actually unenployed living on oddjobs and anything I can get my hands on.
>>
>>52110739
fuck are you 14 or something
>>
>>52113419
So you're not in IT. Stop trying to pretend that you're a professional.
>>
>>52113394
Then it IS your own fault as you could have called the guy and told him the price or just told him that you didn't have time for that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.