[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've had an Apevia 650w PSU for almost 2 years now with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: WIN-500XSPX-1_500.jpg (60 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
WIN-500XSPX-1_500.jpg
60 KB, 500x434
I've had an Apevia 650w PSU for almost 2 years now with an AMD Phenom II and a Radeon 7770 with no problems. Am I fucked psu-wise if I upgrade to an FX-8350 and an R9 380x or will I be okay?
>>
>>52110296
Depends how much you love the taste of cock
>>
>>52110296
First rule when you're poor: save-up.

You currently have don't have enough money if you're considering a fucking FX-8350, a 380X and wonder wther or not you should keep an housefire PSU.
>>
>>52110296
>Apevia
You're fucked either way.

Open up your case and read the label on the side of the PSU. What's the +12V amperage?

If there's multiple rails, list all of the +12Vs.
>>
>>52110374
+3.3V@25A, +5V@18A, +12V1@15A, +12V2@13A, +12V3@13A, +12V4@13A, [email protected], [email protected] , according to the newegg store page because they put the label on the wrong side and I don't feel like tearing apart my pc to find it.

>>52110372
It's not that I don't have enough cash, i got a solid $500 from the senpai for xmas, but if I can be stingy and save $70, I'm going to be stingy and save $70.
>>
>>52110296
>non-irinically asking if 650W is enough for a single-GPU system
Kill yourself, faggot.
Even a shitty CX430 will run a FX-8350 and a 380X.

While we're at it, don't get the 8350. Get the 8320E. It's the same silicon and you'll get the same results overclcoking, but you also get the option of non-retarded TDP (95W) at stock clocks.
>>
>>52110696
I was moreso asking about the reliability of Apevia. I've used them since my first rig from like 2009 and never had problems, but there's plenty of reviews talking about them blowing up under even moderate stress.
>>
Oh god OP. what are you doing? You're gonna burn down the senpai's house!
>>
>>52110829
>I was moreso asking about the reliability of Apevia.

If your PSU isn't listed in Realhardtech (http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html) then you're shady as fuck.

Not surprisingly Aprevia is in almost every "to avoid" list.
>>
>>52110296
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-8320E-vs-AMD-A10-5800K

a10's rock. Get one of those.
>>
>>52110964
You can't fool me anon I know an APU when I see one.
>>
>>52110505
your power supply is a piece of shit, i cant tell you yours specifically, but the company is absolute garbage. here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

that will handle any single gpu setup you throw at it, and may be able to do crossfire or sli if you dont oc anything. go with an 850 to be damn sure,

i would personally say wait as gpu are getting a rather massive die shrink soon, which should allow a high end today performing card to come out at the 380x price and cpu if amd doesn't fuck up could get a whole price shift consumer wise from the top down.

if you can stand your computer, hold onto it for a bit longer, a phenom II may be ageing but you will be kicking yourself if and doesn't fuck up.

>>52111031
>>52110964

that fucking review they are quoteing
by Legit Reviews (Oct, 2012)

>>52110696
i had a psu blow up on me... ill never get another psu without a name brand (i didn't know mine wasn't name brand till it happened) and ill never get a psu where a torture load is more than 70%
>>
>>52110296
Get a decent 650w psu if you can. Shouldn't cost too much. Then you can overclock as much as you want and still have plenty headroom with the 380x
>>
Do you want to start the day with a bang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6snWfd1v7M

If you overload a brand name PSU it will shut down safetly, and you can just get a more powerful one, with a cheap piece of shit it will take out your system or burn your house down.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.