[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people crack their phones so often? Never used a case
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: cracked.jpg (51 KB, 634x387) Image search: [Google]
cracked.jpg
51 KB, 634x387
How do people crack their phones so often?

Never used a case on any phone I've had and they all still look new.
>>
>>52109826
Alcohol, mostly.
>>
>>52109826
>>52109826
People forget that they are carrying a several hundreds device on their pockets.
>>
>>52109826
Went 4 years before I dropped mine in a parking lot and it finally cracked because it landed face first on a pepple.

My fault because i was texting and grabbing grocery bags at the same time. I blame multitasking over butterfingers.
>>
You can get a repair kit for $5 on amazon and fix it
>>
>>52109949
Plus the cost of the screen.
>>
>I root my phones with a hammer
>>
>>52109826
Your just a rare case
>>
>>52109974
screen is included. You might have to pay for shipping.
>>
>>52109826

Give it back Ja..oh wait this isn't that kind of thread
>>
>>52110076
You cannot get any phone screen (that works) for $5.

Link me a phone screen for $5.
>>
I'm the same way OP. I've even done some things that should have gone way above and beyond breaking it but its never cracked.

Once my phone fell out of my pocket while I was bicycling, hit the pavement, and got run over by my back tire. sustained only minor scratches.
>>
>>52109826
People aren't careful with their devices and when one breaks it doesn't matter to them because contacts and other settings are backed up. /g/ doesn't experience as many phone accidents as regular people because dropping their phone means potentially losing their rice.
>>
>>52110172
It's honestly pretty random. I've seen an iPhone 5S crack falling onto a rug. Once time I had a water damaged iPhone 5 and I literally whipped it at a tile floor a dozen times and it didn't break until I threw it out a three story window into a parking lot.
>>
There are people that actually leave the house OP
>>
>>52109826
Well, motion has a tendency to impart kinetic energy. I hear it happens if you do something other than sit all day.
>>
Only had this issue three phones ago.
It landed face down over a pebble and the part with the buttons shattered and I just put a plastic cover over them so I wouldn't cut my finger tips.
Second smartphone I had I could drop it on purpose and it never broke. So one day I told my friend thad his iphone 5s lackes this feature, and dropped the motherfucker on the floir tiles to show him. Iphone shilling ended there.
>>
>>52110346
>I hear it happens if you do something other than sit all day.

So how do Americans break their phone
>>
>>52109826
It happens when you have a life and do other things besides sitting at your computer all day.
>>
>have phone in pocket
>work in warehouse because still in school
>boxes/product hits my pocket, cracks screen
>have to jump to stack shit to ceiling of trailer, phone comes out of pocket and falls some 5+ feet to floor, cracks even more
This is with a case and glass screen protector on. Hopefully the crack is just on the screen protector.

It happens a lot more easily than you'd think if you don't work a desk job.
>>
Because people actually go outside instead of sitting at home shitposting and leaving their phone on their desk 24/7
>>
>>52110135
u autist
>>
>>52109896
I drop my phone all the time while drunk but it's okay because I have gross apartment building carpet. :/
>>
>>52110146
just search for iphone 4 screen repair on amazon m8

$3

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Screen-Repair-Replacement-iPhone/dp/B00BHRP4GA/ref=sr_1_6?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1451353129&sr=1-6&keywords=iphone+4+screen+replacement
>>
>>52109826

they're plebs who dont wear dress shirts with a breast pocket that perfectly fits the phone

so instead its in their pocket or they have to hold it
>>
>>52109896
Can confirm, was a drunken moron and dropped my phone face down onto a stone almost immediately after phoning for a cab... ho-hum
>>
>>52112772
That's the bezel you autist, he's talking about the lcd/oled screen.
>>
I had a galaxy S4 that I dropped countless times without damage, then it fell 2 feet and shattered. Glass is weird.
>>
>>52113202
what?
>>
>>52113238
The glass you touch isn't the same as the screen that displays the images
>>
Broke my n1 screen in a drunken rage.. Thought I t was my ex gfs phone which I also had on me. Only screen I ever broken.
>>
>tfw using an Otterbox on my new Note 5

It hides that beautiful phone but it gives some much needed grip. It's really smooth and slippery without it.

I know it would crack or break if it fell EVEN with that case on.
>>
>>52112772
Did you read a single review on that haha?
>>
>>52113295
> get so mad that you try to break something that's not yours
> ends up breaking his own

Lol, retard
>>
>>52113288
The glass shatters when you drop it son
>>
>>52113337
And that glass is cheap to fix. But the SCREEN is not.
>>
I've had 4 smart phones in my life and I haven't cracked any of them. I have, however, dunked my iPhone 5 into coffee accidentally.

I'm careful with my stuff, but people who are clumsy/run a bare phone just like to live life on the edge (of broken glass)
>>
>>52110233
I've thrown a glass bottle at concrete as hard as I could and had it bounce up like 10 feet in the air while spinning end over end and land without even a crack. Dropped a different one of the same kind from waist high and it shattered into a million little pieces. Glass is weird.
>>
>>52113337
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>52113358
just change the glass out. Whats your problem huh? take it to /diy/ kid
>>
>>52113466
I think he is referring to the digitizer which is the piece that actually displays the image. Replacing just the glass (which is all that's included with the $3 kit) is impossible as you will almost always need to replace the digitizer assembly. That's where the money comes in and that's why that $3 kit is kind of a scam imo
>>
Dropped my phone the first day I had it but luckily all that happened was the battery cover popped off. Guess the Nokia strength lives on in Lumias.
>>
>>52109826
mostly jackets with shitty pockets
>>
>>52113529
But I don't get it, wouldn't the screen be just fine if you change the glass? The light behind the glass has nothing to do with it in most cases.....
>>
>>52113443
You sound like a weak faggot
>>
>>52109826
I'd never cracked mine then I accidentally dropped it and it landed face-down and cracked.

Literally first time ever. Fucking annoying.

Not sure if I should pay apple $130 to replace the whole display or try to just replace the glass with optical adhesive for $45
>>
Had my Nexus 5 for almost two years without breaking it. Great phone.

Only screen I've cracked was my shitty Blackberry Playbook tablet because I sat down with it in my back pocket (it couldn't even fit in the back pocket really). All my phones I have sold or still have instead of breaking screens.

My dad got a Z3C and like immediately cracked the back. Once he got it fixed he then proceeded to crack the screen.

I hope my phone luck continues with my 5X. If I drink I usually don't use my phone much, pretty much just to call a cab at the end of the night or to take a picture if I see something interesting (which isn't often).
>>
I fucking can't take it when some dumb piece of shit puts their keys in their pocket with their phone
How autistic do you have to be???
>>
Tbh the most e enjoyment I get out of a smartphone is when using a moto e tier device without any case whatsoever
You can throw it around slide it drop it etc etc and you don't care because it's replaceable.

It's liberating desu senpaitachi
>>
>>52113732
Wouldn't autism be obsessing over making sure your screen never gets so much as a scratch?

I swear, "autistic" is ALMOST as annoying as the word "botnet", due to people using it as a stand in for "I don't like it".
>>
because using your phone every day for years means there is a high likelyhood that you will drop it by accident and that the screen will break.

I cracked my screen when it slipped out of my butter fingers as I was putting it back into the case..landed face down and cracked.
No one means to crack their screen, shit happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1280x702) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1280x702
>>52113601

Yes anon it would be fine. The phone shoots light up the glass cover and the glass auto converts it into a picture which it reads via electrical pulses. All you need is new glass.
>>
I fell my nexus 4 once face down on concrete road. Only made a small scratch and everything else is fine. That scratch seems like a small dust got stuck on the glass
>>
>>52113601

Smartphone displays are usually around 4 layers, the top surface layer that's usually Gorilla Glass or something similar these days, a second layer which is the capacitive touch screen, which is sandwiched between another piece of glass which usually has the display TFT attached to it and the backlight panel attached to that (or just the OLED in those types of displays)

So:
>>Surface layer of glass
>>Capacitive touch screen
>>Display panel glass
>>TFT/OLED
>>Backlight

iPhone 6s has an additional layer behind all of that for the 3d touch, some devices have their own sensor layers for pen input, etc.

TLDR; Don't be a fucking retard and try and repair your broken phone by yourself with a $15 kit you bought from Amazon. I guarantee you'll either fuck it up, or the part you buy will be absolute cheap shit and crap out after 6 months, or both.
>>
>>52109826

Probably because you never go outside.
>>
>>52109896
This

I had my phone for 9 months then i decide to get blackout drunk and drop my phone.
>>
>>52110253
>>52110346
i go running with my phone in my hand (lol at buying an armband) and never dropped it.
>>
>>52111620
>>52112059
>>52111043
>>52110346
>>52110253
>>52117177

>being this offended by my op

why would i have a smartphone if i didnt have an active social life.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.