[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Reminder to all meme Computer Science students: You need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: ACOS-1.png (22 KB, 327x274) Image search: [Google]
ACOS-1.png
22 KB, 327x274
Daily Reminder to all meme Computer Science students:

You need to learn Parallel Programming, Operating Systems, Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning, Cryptography,Compilers, and Data Mining to not be a meme.

By "learn", I mean don't just passing tests in class or reading a textbook. Actually implement it in a real project.
>>
>>52109543
also don't be a Web Dev bitch, that shit takes weeks to learn
>>
Daily Reminder to op:

You need to stop being a faggot
>>
i didn't even study cs in school and I know all that stuff. meme bitch
>>
>>52109543
To add on to that, you need to learn Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP Patterns, Functional Patterns, embedded programming (including basic CE), Networking, and technical writing.

Especially that last one.
>>
File: maria.jpg (247 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maria.jpg
247 KB, 1280x720
>>52110356
THIS RIGHT HERE.

Sick and tired of all you losers getting your first job and not knowing how to document anything, or flat out refusing to.

OP just wants to feel better than everyone though.
>>
>>52110356
>>52110549
how do you into technical writing?
>>
>>52110594
bump for good question
>>
>>52110356
>>52109543
>>52110549
Daily reminder that CS is not a degree in programming. The only thing I need a CS graduate to do is formally prove that their idea is internally consistent and it actually does what they claim it does.
>>
ignore the idiots. read SICP
>>
>>52110653
I feel bad for people who think CS is a degree in programming.
>>
>>52110660
Read SICP. Do exercises. Learn to problem solve, not code Scheme. THAT IS THE POINT
>>
>>52110196
Shows how much you know lmfao

Anyone can be WEBDEV, just write html, css, and php.

Thats good for small projects, until you need server-side sessions, caching, crypto, etc.
>>
>>52110594
It comes easy if you've written Lab reports before.
>>
>>52110549
>OP just wants to feel better than everyone
bitch i never stated which school I went to, the company I work for, or my salary

you're probably a web faggot. I'm just adding advice for everyone who just wants to make vidya games without putting in the real work
>>
>>52110810

>you're probably a web faggot.

OH YOU
>>
>>52109543
>>52110356
You guys listed everything in my degree. Not sure what they are like in americaland but some countries have it sussed m8
>>
>>52110770
I'm talking about using basic design like HTML/CSS and angular. Real server-side stuff is legit
>>
>>52110847
A lot of Americans study a degree that's titled "Computer Science" when what they actually needed was a degree that's titled "Software Engineering".
>>
>>52109543
Memes are hot shit with the normies right now, I'll gladly be one
>>
>>52110847
>thinks intro level courses in each count for shit
>>
>>52110847
I'm >>52110356 and american. Everything posted is a requirement for a CS degree in my school except networking.

Don't go to community colleges people.
>>
>>52110897
The intro classes for each are a minimum. After that you can go more in depth into two or three subjects you really want to do.
>>
>>52110928
Community college is actually OK if you're fine with being a code monkey. Why get $30k in debt to learn to code, when you can be $3k in debt and learn the same shit without the useless core curriculum?
>>
>>52110897
I'm very happy with people who study the basics as that implies it won't take much more work to study whatever specialty that we're using.
>>
>You need to learn Parallel Programming, Operating Systems, Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning, Cryptography,Compilers, and Data Mining to not be a meme.

In my undergraduate studies, I learned a bit about parallel programming, operating systems, and some stuff on robotics and on natural language processing. In my graduate studies, I have spent even more time studying operating systems, and some time studying cryptography. Next quarter, I am taking computational linguistics, parallel/distributed programming, and design and implementation of computer languages.

Most of my classes are project based. Last quarter, I more or less implemented a kernel on a virtual machine, and also implemented encryption using the discrete logarithm problem and using elliptic curves, both over El Gamal.
>>
>>52110928
>not using CC to satisfy all your pleb tier beginner classes for cheap before transferring
someone post a smug anime for me
>>
>>52109543
those all sound like interesting subjects, can't wait
>>
>>52111152
>he fell for this meme
FeelsBadMan
>>
>>52111138
Congratulations, but if you didn't do anything with it outside of class, consider doing things on your own.

I have a degree out of a business school, but it pained me to see the memers coming out of classes thinking they were versed in these subjects after going through book exercises.

The fact that you used undergrad classes to reference your experience in the field, is not healthy. That you are here is a good thing though, some people don't even look for what they don't know. Same with people who would get an MBA in a business category but have ridiculous dream ideas or hate the government because people "need minimum wage increases to survive today."
>>
>>52111070
>community college fag thinks community college is actually a good idea

Even the shittiest 4 year university is better than the "best" community college. Get financial and scholarships. Most people get good financial aid by fudging their numbers a little.
>>
>>52114410

this guy has literally never even been to college. I bet he's in high school or some shit if he thinks anyone cares about the shit he's saying
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.