[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your personal experiences/thoughts on the chiclet style
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (313 KB, 1678x958) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
313 KB, 1678x958
What are your personal experiences/thoughts on the chiclet style keyboards? I see some of them are highly reviewed.

I've always used oem rubber dome style tactile ones, but I found pic related for $20 on discount (Karura 502).
>>
they're comfy as fuck but ultimately less functional than mechanicals
>>
>>52109528
they vary a lot, in my experience, some laptops have really good keyboards like that, and some have really shitty ones
>>
>>52109528
Only place they make sense is on a laptop where there are space constraints. It's hilarious to see them in a full-sized keyboard. Very uncomfortable IMO.
>>
>>52109579
It boils down to the pressure reaction of the keys then you'd say? I read some are more "pop" while others are a "cakey" transition.
>>
>>52109528
just get fucking cherry mx clears
all the advantage of mechanical switches without being some obnoxious edgelord key clacker
>>
>>52109582
Or very comfortable when you're primarily a laptop user. I even use a Wacom tablet as a touchpad most of the time because I grew so used to them.
>>
>>52109750
Fuck off Cherry MX shill, they're all placebo as fuck.
>>
>>52109796
>placebo
how?
How is consistent tactile feedback at the point of actuation "placebo", it lets you type faster as you can type without bottoming out. Also the switches last longer than rubber domes. While the force required isn't consistent across switches, nor is the curve, they're all quite similar which leaves you at a greater advantage across many keycaps, while many rubber dome types are highly inconsistent. You also have the best selection of keycaps if you're into that sort of thing, and since the switches are the most widely used standard variety, you have the most options for finding your perfect keyboard.
>>
>>52109528
I like how quiet they are and their low travel. However the travel can be way too low and the whole key might wobble. There isn't much choice in laptops nowadays, I don't mind them.
>>
>>52109909
afaik cherry anything switch keyboards are $60+

needing to feel like you're capable of typing faster is a subjective comfort. gaming and occassional shitpost on imageboards probably doesn't require that keystroke feedback.
>>
>>52109528
They're cancer. Absolute cancer.
I've tried them on cheap $150 chromebooks, I've tried them on $1300 Thinkpads, and I've tried them on iMacs. They're just garbage.
I weep for the older "gooey mesh" keyboards - they weren't great, but they were fucking heavenly compared to chinklets.
>>
>>52109994
>needing to feel like you're capable of typing faster is a subjective comfort.
it's something you can actually measure, if you're too retarded to see the benefits of being able to do more with less time then you've got some problems.
Not that cherry mechanical (or clones) solely provide such a benefit but they're one of the easiest points of entry.
Also, $60? I paid $40 for my first one, shop around and you can find a deal. Sure you CAN spend a small fortune on a mech but same can be said of rubber domes or any other keyboard.
>>
>>52109909

stop defending it

you fell for a meme

just accept it and move on
>>
Chiclets are goat for speed. But mechs are satisfying to type on, they just feel good.
>>
File: Tomy_Tutor_System_s2.jpg (52 KB, 642x480) Image search: [Google]
Tomy_Tutor_System_s2.jpg
52 KB, 642x480
>>52109528
Be sure they're rubberized keys.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.