[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /g/ trust Kingston products like memories and SSD? if not,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1385390742193.gif (82 KB, 249x286) Image search: [Google]
1385390742193.gif
82 KB, 249x286
does /g/ trust Kingston products like memories and SSD?
if not, what products do you trust?
>>
Intel, Samsung, and Crucial.
>>
I'd rather have a Silicon Power ssd than Kingston
>>
>>52109168
SanDisk is pretty good too. They have been making flash for a long time, before SSDs entered the market.
>>
The only product of theirs I can wholly recommend is their headset
>>
>>52109234
>>52109188
>>52109216
>>52109239
I am actuallt looking at their ram since they are much more cheaper than others. I knwo in the past that their stuff tend to break down faster than others so I was wondering if they been improved these days
>>
>>52109168

>SSD shadiness: Kingston and PNY caught bait-and-switching cheaper components after good reviews
>http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/184253-ssd-shadiness-kingston-and-pny-caught-bait-and-switching-cheaper-components-after-good-reviews

Just recently got some Kingston USB3.0 memory sticks which are garbage. They're slower than my old USB2.0 sticks which have been written to a thousand times.

What this anon says >>52109188
Never had a prob with Intel, Samsung or Crucial.
>>
>>52109168
fuck kingston

also
>failing for the solid jew maymay
>>
Everyone uses PNY, that's where it's at: The best SSDs and memory sticks, the coolest looking GPUs and how can I forget the friggin' SD cards, 256 GB?!?! Trust me, I'm a gamer!
>>
I trust their ram more than any other brand, they used a cheaper nand controller in their V300 series which is fucky but understandable if you consider the price bracket of the product (it's a budget SSD so it needed to be cheap, doesn't excuse giving a different controller to reviewers though) and I don't really care for their flash drives.

Crucial and SanDisk are great price/performance for SSDs, I hear good things about Plextor and OCZ as well but they're pricey. I wouldn't trust Samsung SSDs even though they're stupid fucking fast because of that TRIM thing on Linux.
>>
>>52109168
I have a Kingston economy-grade SSD in my server as the boot disk and it's rocked along for 3-4 years. No signs of wear and tear.
YMMV.
>>
>>52109581
>the coolest looking GPUs Trust me, I'm a gamer!
How can anyone argue against that?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.