[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this place? Why are they going under/where did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: r___7LOE.png (557 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
r___7LOE.png
557 KB, 512x512
What happened to this place? Why are they going under/where did they fall off?
>>
They just lost at buisness.
>>
>>52108980

Just like Sato Musen. Is it the cat mascots?
>>
>>52108955
>where did they fall off?
newegg

keep in mind, newegg isn't good anymore, and hasn't been for a few years
it's just newegg is specifically what made tigerdirect look like shit, for about a decade now
>>
Are they having financial troubles? The brick and mortar store near my house closed down not too long ago

I used to use them all the time until I had an absolutely abysmal customer service experience with a build I was making and I probably haven't bought shit from them in almost two years
>>
REBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATEREBATE
>>
Back when I was shopping for pc components about 3 years ago their site was a mess visually; it was just unpleasant to use.
>>
too many mail in rebates. i ordered form them other year without issue. but fuck em
>>
>>52108955
they are the same ones that ran compUSA and Circuit city. Story tells itself.
>>
>>52109186
fucking this
and here in canada at least, most of them were fucking scam rebates.

>install shifty security software, activate with credit card, wait x months and they'll hopefully send out a rebate, also have to cancel forced 1 year trial subscription and hope they actually do
had to call my credit card company several times when various rebates (software installed on vms) kept trying to charge when cancelled, or just wouldn't let you cancel. Also various ones you'd never receive.
>>
>>52109134
what happened to newegg? I haven't gotten much from them over the past several years.
>>
File: 1280453593973.jpg (41 KB, 450x310) Image search: [Google]
1280453593973.jpg
41 KB, 450x310
>order about 800 bucks of hardware to build a computer for friend from TigerDirect
>two parts ship, rest don't ship for over a week
>email them asking what's up
>find out email support has like three days' turn around time
>get told that they're having "problems" because they're "undergoing upgrades"
>suddenly get an email, four parts listed in stock are suddenly permanently no longer available
>get them from newegg instead
>notice a part (PSU) that was listed in stock when I ordered it is now backordered 14-21 days
>phone their support (because email too slow) and ask them to cancel it, i'll just order another similar one from the site
>somehow my interac/VISA gets billed for the order four times over because the person I talked to pressed the wrong button or something, knocking my chequing into overdraft and hitting me with a ton of fees
>send a detailed four paragraph email and then phone them because I know I won't get a reply
>some indian guy tells me to read the amounts off that I've been charged and then keeps talking over me while I'm doing so
>he tells me to dispute the charge with my bank
>at this point my friend is getting pissed because he's been waiting three weeks for a computer and I've cancelled everything I can and switched to newegg and amazon
>email reply comes, I shouldn't worry because once the order goes through my balance will be correct (hurr)
>Eventually get refunded for the error even thought I ate the overdraft charges
>never receive a single apology or any kind of restitution for the bullshit I put up with

I can't say I'll miss TigerDirect at all
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.