[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>selling laptop >clean install win 7 as that's what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (145 KB, 700x504) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
145 KB, 700x504
>selling laptop
>clean install win 7 as that's what it has a licence for
>this shit forever
>every fix online does fuck all

FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>52108774
Install 10 you dumb shit.
>>
>>52108774
That's why you go through this shit only once, then create the system image, put it in a comfy, safe place and use whenever needed. Homo.
>>
>>52108816
Yeah, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I have to ship this cunt out in the morning and really need to get it unfucked
>>
A fresh 7 install will take an hour w good internet to get the first batch of updates. Youll then need to run updates 2 or 3 times after, because some updates need the past updates...Im not kidding.

Just go do something for a couple hours, be patient, and dont try to fuck w it youll regret it
>>
>>52108802
>willingly subjecting yourself to Microsoft spying

They TELL you they are going to collect a shit ton of information about you, and yet you still do it. How dumb can you be, Anon?
>>
File: 1451099809864.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451099809864.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>52108908
you can disable all that shit on the install, and you shouldn't even be worried about it unless you're hoarding cp.
>>
>>52108908
He's selling the laptop you shit head.
>>
I had the same problem recently while installing in a VM. If you install the update from this link (a update for windows update itself) it will fix the problem and update much more quickly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810
>>
>>52108774
the only reason to upgrade to 10 is to skip the hours installing the past nine years of updates

just upgrade and then clean install 10

it takes like five seconds dude.

EDIT: oh you're selling it? lol fuck it, slap ME on there and call it a day.
>>
>>52108887

yup then install .Net framework or office, then reboot and install another 20 security and runtime updates.....well on 7 anyway.
>>
>>52108908

I only use it for gaming, I and have all the major diagnostic/telemetry stuff just turned off.

It's good, it's better than 7 or 8.1 by a good bit.
>>
>>52108887
windows updates did get horribly sluggish recently though
reinstalled win7 on an old laptop after replacing the cpu and ram a few days ago and it just wouldn't move. while before it took maybe like you said, about an hour to get all the updates.

might be some microsoft botnet to make people update to win10 or something
>>
>>52109003
install a light weight linux
install virtual box
install windows in VM
auto start VM on boot
they next owner will never know
>>
>>52108774
Just leave it for a few hours.
That's just what it does now.
>>
>>52108988
>you can disable all that shit on the install

no, not at all.
>>
>>52109614
Yeah I'm just going to leave it overnight and hope for the best. Nothing is making it move any faster.
>>
>>52109627

yup, you can turn off 99% of it
>>
>>52109638
If you need to ship it out in the morning, you'll need to babysit it. There's 2-3 lots of waiting for hours.
>>
>>52108988
No you can't disable it you technologically illiterate fool. And you should worry about it the day some punk hacks into the microsoft servers and releases all your personal photos and information, ssn, pictures, passwords, credit card numbers and everything you have ever typed while using windows 10 and other shit you can't disable that windows collect to "make windows better" by creating a profile of how you type so they can recognize your style of typing if you use another windows 10 computer and etc.
>>
Pirate windows 8. Use the program to verify it. Windows Media create to install a legit windows 10 install. There you go.
>>
>>52109643
>you can turn off 99% of it
Nonsense, you only turn off maybe 20% unless you have enterprise where you can turn off 50%.
>>
>>52109643
>>52109754
The truth is, we don't know.
If you really want to find out, run wireshark on the traffic coming from two different 10 install setups.
>>
>>52108774
Did you activate your license bro?
>>
>>52109728
It's a laptop. If there's a legit windows 7 key on it, you can use that to install fresh W10 on it now.
>>
>>52109643
so first it's all and now it's "99%" (what the fuck does that even mean).

bottom line is, you cannot disable all that shit in windows 10, not even in the enterprise version.
which makes it worse than windows 7 and 8.
so stop shilling already.
>>
>installing windows
yeah nah you asked for it
come back when you can fork windows update and write your own update manager
>>
>>52109078
Yes. On initual set up i run widnows updates at least 5 times (last time i did this was over the summer, i imagine its even worse now)
>>
>>52109651
Honestly if it hasn't fixed itself when I wake up I'm just gonna install 10 and be done with it. The buyer can always downgrade and deal with the mess if he wants to.
>>
>>52109987
Did you actually read the OP ?
>>
>>52108774
Because there is no fucking fix for it. You just let it run. It's actually downloading shit, but it looks like it's doing jack shit. This has been an issue with Windows Update for quite a while actually.
>>
>Free software from Microsoft
I hope someone sues them.
>>
>>52108774
On one of my machines it took 30+ hours, don't give up lad
>>
>>52111060
This.
I thought I had the same problem did a ton of fixes. Just decided to leave it on for a day and it was updated.
>>
>>52108774
Wsusoffline

You're welcome.
>>
After 3 hours of nothing it finally found 211 updates, now downloading them. Gonna be a long night.
>>52110621
It wasn't downloading shit, just finding the list of updates.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.