[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need photoshop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I would like to do some dabbling in photoshop. I don't need to spend $100 on this or anything crazy and I am NOT using NAS+Software sync {cloud} to do image editing.

Besides GIMP, what decent solutions are there for relatively good image editing solutions? I like adobe's styles and menus but at the face of their website they try to sell you on cloud.

Photoshop software general.
>>
Adobe will give you a free legit copy of CS2 on their website. It's fine for most functions.

It's only supposed to be for people who bought a copy of cs2, but since they took down their verification servers they just put up universal cd keys.
>>
File: creativecloud.png (558 KB, 513x623) Image search: [Google]
creativecloud.png
558 KB, 513x623
Why don't you join the creative cloud? It's the future of creative. When we think about the future and the creative cloud we think about the customers.
>>
>>52104753
GIMP with Plugins + Krita

GIMP's has never been the problem, it's the people who already know Photoshop and try to use GIMP expecting no learning curve who are the problem. If you start with GIMP, you will not have the problem.

And Krita is just the best drawing application around.

>>52104874
>Adobe will give you a free legit copy of CS2 on their website.

It's not legit. If you install it without a CS2 license it's piracy, no different than downloading it from a torrent.
>>
>>52105568
I will try both Krita and GIMP, starting with GIMP.

I am not a traditional hobbit and can learn many tools w/o becoming accustomed to one emotionally.
>>52104874
Thank you. I'd be fine buying a second hand key then installing via this method and registering.
>>52104976
I like my illusion of privacy and also what happens when your data caps hit and you can barely connect to the cloud?

Any other suggestions or guides are great as well.

I've been reading from Jon Duckett's HTML & CSS book and I am very impressed but he puts a lot of information on good photo editing, being precise with your images. It has given me a different perspective for sure and certainly makes me skeptical of any cloud.

No big company has solved compression well enough and implemented it across platforms like adobe to meet home user needs yet without compromising their systems.

Besides I have enough *#&@ that starts up when I open my machine. If I didn't work in a proprietary environment I'd have have a mind to VM windows and run linux full time, but my job makes it difficult- I digress.

GIMP+Krita+ Adobe PS as a backup solution if I am willing to break bread to make a few images[No].
>>
>>52104753
Just fucking pirate it you idiot, make sure to get the ChingiLiu chinese torrent whatever is called
>>
>>52107015
that version had malware. not very cleverly hidden malware. still usable after cleaning the shit out though.
>>
>>52108171
really? where was the malware?
>>
you are better off just pirating it then using shitty gimp
>>
Don't use gimp
>>
Use gimp
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.