[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surface pro 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: surface pro 4 meme.jpg (88 KB, 810x456) Image search: [Google]
surface pro 4 meme.jpg
88 KB, 810x456
Is the surface pro 4 worth its price?

I may or may not get the i5/256/8 version.

But it is expensive as fuck (~ 1500$/€ including the keyboard).

Does anyone have one? Is it good?
Are there any good features apart from the onenote-meme-app?

is it /g/ approved?
>>
No.

Good choice.

You mean excluding.

Yes. Yes, save for some minor hiccups.

Not particularly, it has all features expected of a win 10 machine and then the tricks with the pen.

I doubt that it is.
>>
I have an SP3. I'll be buying the SP4 keyboard and continue using it until the SP5 comes out.
>>
It's a luxury item and you can probably get something with the same specs from a cheaper brand.

The screen, pen, and keyboard are probably the top selling points. I got mine as an upgrade from a tablet Thinkpad and I'm happy with it. It's smaller, lighter and less fuss to switch between tablet and laptop mode.

The main complaint is the resolution makes some things (looking at you, SAI) unusable if they don't support DPI scaling. Buttons are literally too small to click. It's also 3:2 which is awkward if you play games, and you'll have black bars on most video.
>>
I was looking for that thread

I was planning to buy one because it's convenient for the classes
am I getting scamed by buying one ?
>>
It depends how much you value the tablet form factor. If you really like it, then sure. If not and you'd be perfectly happy with a normal laptop then no, it's way overpriced.
>>
File: 2013-06-08-00-55-09.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-08-00-55-09.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>52104026
I want one, seems pretty comfy. But until I can't get an i5 for less than $1K i'll keep my Chuwi.
>>
File: what the fuck.gif (2 MB, 280x202) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.gif
2 MB, 280x202
I will definitely get the i7/16gb/256gb next month, it will be of good use to me
programming on the run (train, between classes or in classes), taking notes, and also running the shit I fabricate
gaymen when I'm not at home, it can run Diablo, WoW, CS, LoL etc without a problem, so

/shill

a drawback I discovered, and that's pretty horrible in my opinion
it doesn't have broadband
apparently the Surface 2 and 3 had that feature
the 4 does not
>pic related
so either you have wireless wherever you need internet or you go fuck yourself
>>
>>52105150
also
some people suggest just hooking up your phone as a hotspot

that may be a simple solution but I find that shit and that the surface is expensive enough to have that feature
>>
>>52104026
>locked secure boot
>tablet
>$1500
no thanks.
>>
I have a surface 3 and it is irritating as shit.

Just buy a normal laptop, unless you desperately need a dodgy tablet as well.
>>
I think the surface pro 4 is worth the price. Especially since 256GB micro sd cards will arrive soon. The CPU is actually pretty dang powerful especially the i5 and i7 version. iGPU isn't too bad either but don't expect to play vydias made after ~2010 on it. Over a really fucking good x86 tablet PC. The stylus input is also a good but you can plug in a usb/bluetooth mouse if you don't like that.

Still, I would personally never buy one though simply because I can get better performance for less and I don't need super ultra portability.
>>
>>52105174
i think broadband would be a waste of battery/money/more heat etc.

seriously, 3g/4g drains the battery like there's no tomorrow, better to use your phone's hotspot for that
>>
The surface line is shilled pretty extensively on /g/, by those who both do it for free and are paid straight from M$. So here is my honest opinion on the SP4.

>Display
+High Quality IPS Display
+Amazing Resolution
+-Touchscreen (Some people like it some people don't)
-Lightbleed on a vast majority of units, there seems to be very little QC in terms of display.
-People reported on warped displays, like it's not perfectly flat
-Some people have the glue begin separating, google what I mean by this

>Internals
+Decent specs (As a consumer but not as some workstation)
-Expensive

>Battery
-Pretty shit, they advertise up to 9 hours but a lot of people report getting 2-3 hours typically even with some battery saving measures (Also just browsing so not like 100% CPU activity)

The Sp4 has a ton of problems, not even talking about the shit ton of BSOD, driver issues, wake problems, bugs up the ass and the overall non-responsiveness to the problems that M$ has been. It's literally playing the roulette hoping to god you don't get a shit device that isn't fucked up the ass in either its manufacturing, software or support.

I'd go with another computer, there are better laptops for the same price that have a touchscreen for example:
http://www.amazon.com/ZenBook-UX303UB-13-3-Inch-Touchscreen-Discrete/dp/B014VHVZFQ?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=4937cdc8ada911e5b40bd65dc129ded70000
>>
>>52108228
>-Pretty shit, they advertise up to 9 hours but a lot of people report getting 2-3 hours typically even with some battery saving measures (Also just browsing so not like 100% CPU activity)

I'm getting 7+ hours browsing the net on my SP3 i5/8/256
>>
I just bought a i3/128GB SP3 for $500. Mainly going to use it to play VNs in bed.
>>
>>52108939
I get 5 minimum out of my SP4 when I'm browsing the internet and watching youtube videos constantly, regular brightness.
>>
>>52104026
okay so i bought an i5 surface pro 3 for 750 euros
i never take paper to school or any pens
everything is in onenote, quiz answers from books and shit.

9/10 would recommend
>>
>>52104026

does that keyboard flex as you press the buttons
>>
>>52110982
A bit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.