[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart TV Help - How do I stream from my PC to my Smart TV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Samsung-Smart-TV-Tizen.png (202 KB, 482x348) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-Smart-TV-Tizen.png
202 KB, 482x348
Alright /g/ I don't usually ask for help on this board but I'm trying to connect my computer or even my phone to my smart tv so that it streams whatever is on my screen.
I use Acestream on my PC to watch live sport for free, however there's no app for it on the Smart TV (Samsung) so I'm trying to find a way if I could launch the app on my PC, and then stream/cast it to my Smart TV so I could watch it in the living room.

It's kind of urgent, let me know if you know any way of connecting it like this.

>I tried using Screen Mirroring on my TV and then trying to connect my PC to it but for some reason it just keeps loading for like 10minutes and then pops up "Video data not supported" or something.
>>
>falling for the """"""""""""smart TV"""""""""""" meme
>>
>>52103667

I didn't buy the TV.
I could do it the old way and connect it via HDMI to my PC but I'm not moving my PC downstairs everytime I want to watch something lol.
>>
>>52103644
You can't, smart tvs are a gimmick and a botnet.
Should have bought this instead.
>>
>>52103644
DLNA?
I just use SAMBA sharing with my Sony TV
>>
>>52103759
>botnet
Do you even know what a botnet is?
>>
>>52103644
I've never had to do anything EXCEPT for enabling file sharing on my pc. Literally it's just right click the file and "play to" tv. I do the same with my phone using a free app called bubble upnp and it sends the file to the tv. And yes, I use Windows
>>
>>52104188
Do you, do you think Shitsung isn't monitoring your "habits" and collecting information?
>>
>>52103644
HAHAHAHA HE FELL FOR THE SAMSUNG SMART TV MEME

I fell for it too anon. I bought a samsung tv in hopes for streaming with my Surface P3. But these fuckers at Samsung dont like people like you and me. If you don't have a Samsung Laptop, tablet, or phone you can't stream. That's why I returned my 78 inch 3D Curved Samsung TV and bought an LG Smart TV. With LG you can stream without problems
>>
>>52104268
Not him and a have a Samsung tv. Dlna is free, I've had to use no Samsung software whatsoever. You're laughing at him but everyone else will be laughing at you, hahahaha?
>>
>>52104256
So you don't
>>
>>52104318
I'm still laughing at you. You cant stream the content on your Screen, all you can do is stream media. If you want to share your screen you have to buy an extra adapter
>>
/g/ I bought a sony X810c. Sweet TV. Has its cons but the picture quality is real nice. Question - the smart TV uses android. Can I root this?
>>
>>52104542
If that's all you want to do you could get a refurb chromecast for $15. You returned an entire tv instead
>>
>>52104643
Yes and you can now give your TV a virus because why not.

Thanks java!
>>
>>52103644
>Literally a botnet tv
Why even live?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.