[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nvidia Shield Tablet K1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: DSC07591-980x653.jpg (193 KB, 980x653) Image search: [Google]
DSC07591-980x653.jpg
193 KB, 980x653
What does /g/ think?
>>
>>52102700
Update due as it's getting a bit long in the tooth. Plus the past battery issues would put me off.
>>
>>52102718
Its been updated recently. The dumbass stylus was removed and it now has 6.0
>>
>>52102734
Has the processor and specs improved?
>>
>>52102814
Still has the tegra k1 and 2gb of ram
>>
>>52102891
But thats more than enough for a $200 tablet tht has microsd as well as 4k support through hdmi
>>
>>52102891
Give it a miss until a hardware update.

Just because HL2 and Portal are exclusive at the moment isn't enough of an incentive.
>>
File: 1348071100615.jpg (172 KB, 2250x1407) Image search: [Google]
1348071100615.jpg
172 KB, 2250x1407
Nvidia is going into the portable gaming market which has been a minefield for many except Nintendo. AMD is trying to be a monopoly in console and PC with their low cost GPUs and creating a AMD eco-system. It's going to be some interesting few years ahead.
>>
>>52102971
The issue is that Nvidia still has yet to make a SoC competitive with Qualcomm let alone what Apple puts out.
>>
I have this tablet. I fucking love it. Three things I really hate about are the battery life and the buttons. You really gotta press on these fuckers. The brightness 100% on the screen isn't that bright. Other than that, I have no complaints. I use it for emulators(PS1, SNES, GBA, and GBC) and it works great. Especially with the controller. The controller is really nice and can use it to navigate around. I'll stick around for a while and try my best to answer any questions you guys have.
>>
>>52104356
If you're still here, I just want to say that the handheld is much, much better and more practical. But those fucking jews stopped selling it for whatever retarded reason and now scalpers are trying to rip me off.
>>
Have one two, pretty happy with it considering I got it during black Friday for about £250. Runs all my emulators flawlessly (even the PSP one with some sound tweaking) and is pretty great for reading/light work. Battery life could be better but it's not the worst. Served me well during many flights.
>>
>>52102700
No gaems. Even Windows tablets with Intel HD instead of a GPU are better for gayming.
>>
>>52107362
>my dell venue 8 pro can run fallout new vegas decently

it's pretty amazing, honestly.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.