[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Win 10 users, How many of you are actually using virtual desktop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: win10.jpg (762 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
win10.jpg
762 KB, 1920x1080
Win 10 users,

How many of you are actually using virtual desktop function in Win 10?
I sometimes completely forget it exists.
>>
I used it sometimes
>>
>>52100005
I use it the same way I use them on Linux. Very handy to have around and in the latest version of win10 it works well.
>>
>>52100005
About time they caught up to apple and linux.
>>
>Win10.jpg
When did Windows become OSX? What happened?
>>
>>52100027
Actually, win 10 was first to implement this.
>>
>>52100005
that looks like the gnome shell activities overview
>>
I wouldve had use for it at work, but we still use 7 there. No real use for it at home atm.
>>
File: 1445567810019.jpg (73 KB, 630x693) Image search: [Google]
1445567810019.jpg
73 KB, 630x693
>>52100005
Never. I rarely have more than 3 windows open at a time. I also find it more convenient to alt tab than to switch desktops
>>
I would use it a lot, but I was running into a problem, maybe one of you can help me out. When I enter the virtual desktop and try to drag a window in from one monitor to another, the desktop changes as well. If this didn't happen I would use it all the time.
>>
>>52100005
>using Win 10
>>
OS X has virtual desktops since 2006 I think and I never used them. Minimizing/hiding the windows I'm not using is enough for me, and it's more immediate and faster.
>>
>>52100437
That's because OS X's implementation sucks dick. Proper virtual desktops like you get on Linux are much easier than constantly minimizing windows, and allows you to keep windows positioned relative to each other when you're not actively working on them.
>>
I set up a Debian VM to auto run full screen on the second desktop, Ctrl+win+arrow key instantly changes between Win10 and Debian
>>
I usually have four open. One for browsing, one for media, one for social stuff (irc usually), and one spare one. They come in handy a lot. Especially so you don't have to alt tab through a bunch of windows.
>>
>>52100000
>>
>>52100483
OSX had a perfectly decent implementation around 10.5/10.6 and they had to go and fuck it up.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.