[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1448073371926.webm (388 KB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1448073371926.webm
388 KB, 568x320
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here, ONCE.
DO NOT BUMP THE THREAD, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Read the sticky before posting.
Take at least 10 seconds to google it first.

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread.

For help installing gentoo visit >>>/g/flt
>>
Is there a program that can scan a group of videos and in a single window list said videos with a status of whether or not they each one has embedded subtitles? I'm not triying to go through every single one right clicking and checking Mediainfo.
>>
I am playing back movies at 2x speed in MPC. does this playback method check EVERY keyframe? or does it skip like every other? or does it play back every frame period?
>>
>>52098240
disgusting
>>
Is the Nexus 5X worth the money? My M8 shattered and I want to replace it with something worthwhile.
>>
>>52098582
Yes.
>>
>>52098610
How do the speakers compare? Camera?
>>
>>52098622
Camera is a better than m8, but that's obvious. It has only one front-facing speaker though, and nothing can quite compete with the htc speakers. The 6p does have dual speakers.
>>
I fucked up my moto g 2013. Used fastboot instead of fastboot and hardbricked it. Should I just buy a new phone or is it worth to buy a motherboard replacement? Apart from the camera I kinda liked it.

Also I'm kinda attracted by windows phones
>>
>>52098718
*instead of Mfastboot
>>
>>52098668
Ahh, okay. Isn't it basically the 6P camera. How is the battery life/screen getting hot. Because I use my phone a lot and using the m8 for a long time it got fucking scorching. Also, is there any difference getting it from the google store from amazon minus prime shipping?
>>
So I installed dolphin browser formy android. Everything works nice but one thing. Dolphin eats shitload of ram. Like one open tab with facebook takes 350 mb of ram with dolphin and only 65 on chrome. WHy is that? I installed ad block for dolphin if it matters.
>>
>>52098822
Well, the cameras should be similar, but seeing as they are produced by 2 different companies, they might be slightly different. I wouldn't think there'd be a difference between getting it from amazon or google. I'm not sure about battery life and temps, as I'm using an m9 right now, and I feel you bruh, the back reaches 60°C if I do anything that requires power.
>>
>>52098873
Doesn't dolphin support flash? That's probably the reason.
>>
>>52098914
Might be even more stupid question but does eating shitload of ras means phone battery gonna discharge quicker? Or is it unrelated? My phone has 3 GB of ram ( and 2 gb of free ram all the time) so ram usage is not a big problem,
>>
>>52098925
I don't think so, if it does it's probably very minimal.
>>
File: WS-C2960-8TC-L.jpg (146 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
WS-C2960-8TC-L.jpg
146 KB, 960x768
I bought a cisco switch 2960 8 ports and installed it at home. Because work I know how to configure cisco hardware. Normally cisco hardware is for buisness networks but I need it for some experiments at home. The switch is not always online so I shut im down when Iam finished. Because that I have to restart him every day. Is that healthy for those switches, I think not?
>>
>>52098972
its not mechanical so keeping it working is probably not better than turning it ON every time you need it
>>
>>52098286
mediainfo can tell you this. install it via your package manager then you'll want to write a quick wrapper script to execute it against each of your videos and then output results to a file. something like this would be a start point
find ./ -type f -iname '*.mkv' -exec mediainfo {} \; 

alternatively if you just want to download subs regardless, you could install sonarr or emby.
>>52098873
>facebook
kill yourself, my nigger
>>52098972
why not leave if switched on? if the noise is a pain you could consider opening it up and doing something with the fan.
>>
>>52098159
i dun goofd

only thing that is on is my hdd activation light

it still comes on even if ssd and hdd are unhooked

no fans, nothing, turns on, just that light
>>
>>52099123
should also note i did reset cmos with the pins as well as taking it out for about half an hour, maybe that died/dying.

Light is on no matter what too, shut off the psu and it goes off, turn it back on, activator light back on
>>
File: 2015-12-28_02-33-06.png (164 KB, 972x1337) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28_02-33-06.png
164 KB, 972x1337
Hey so I'm not paying $120 a month for android spotify when it's free the browser.
How do I find cracked spotify.APK that's safe to use?
>>
>>52099316
year*
>>
>>52099035
ok thanks for your answer.

>>52099049
the problem is not the noise, the switch is really quiet. The problem is the electricity costs, it's to high for me and willi my pocket...
>>
File: memefone2.jpg (93 KB, 850x836) Image search: [Google]
memefone2.jpg
93 KB, 850x836
Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
When a certain line of the screen tries to display something dark/black, I get massive artifacts on the lower half of the screen. It goes away after 5 or so minutes if I leave my screen on. It comes back after having my phone go to sleep for a minute or so.
It has no problem displaying light colors.
Some info that might help.
I dropped the phone 4 months ago(maybe 1 foot drop, nothing happened then except for a scratch on the back), this issue only started today.
I did not get the phone wet.
I've never tried to flash any custom rom or even unlocked the boot loader.
I already did a factory reset, still the same.
See pic related.
>>
>>52099443
this is the gayest explanation

seriously don't know what the fuck you're trying to say
>>
>>52099462
I thought I made a perfect drawing explaining the issue. I forgot I actually took photos of this shit kek.
Anyway, see pic related. If the phone tries to display something dark/black near the middle, shit goes bonkers. Pic1 is <2 minutes from sleep, Pic2 is <3 minutes from sleep, Pic3 is the phole displaying light colors no problemo.
It goes away/gets fixed if I leave my display on for >5 minutes, and comes back if I leave my phone on sleep for >1 minute.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (115 KB, 1300x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
115 KB, 1300x600
>>52099548
And I forgot the image.
>>
>>52099548
Is it still under warranty?

If so don't try anything the manufacturer could hold against you to avoid repairing or replacing your phone and send it back
>>
What's a good thermal paste?

I'm changing mobo soon-ish and I'll keep the CPU, I guess I'll have to re-apply the paste...
>>
>>52099588
I already sent an email to ASUS, hopefully I get a reply soon. Just thought maybe this is something I could fix myself, quite inconvenient to send it to get fixed because my boss uses whatsapp to communicate with us when he can't make it to the office.
>>
>>52099613
Tell your boss to email you like a normal employer.
>>
>>52099613
Well, in my opinion it looks like a defective lcd panel, so quite hard to fix without replacing it.

The part about it going back to normal after some time make me think it's not a cable and I don't think a software problem could do that, especially after a factory reset.

So I think the best to do is to find someone who can lend you an old android phone to use in the meantime
>>
>>52099630
It's also convenient for me, guess I'll have to go with >>52099683
What do you guys think could have caused this to happen though?
For the first time I also played games on it straight for 2-3 hours during my flight. I managed to completely drain the battery to completely null, fell asleep and forgot to charge it. When I powered it up it had this issue - though I am not sure when this exactly started happening. When I was playing games it didn't notice this issue.
Also I think it's becoming worse and worse.
>>
How do I change the default audio stream for a dozen or so mkv files? I'm assuming with ffmpeg
>>
Where can I get a 1,5v to 12v booster that also gives enough amp to click a 12v car relay?

I got a booster but amp fell and left voltage on 5v during use. I need a minimum of 8 volts during usage to tap the relay.

Help please

-regards anon
>>
I've got an ESP8266 in the mail for my Pi Zero, will it make any difference which interface I use?
>>
>>52095209
>How do I get MPC-HC to show thumbnails?
Install Media Preview
>How do I get videos to loop?
Assuming you're using MPC, on Option > Playback, check "Repeat forever" on playback
Am I missing something really obvious here?
yes
>>
File: 093485923.jpg (72 KB, 645x693) Image search: [Google]
093485923.jpg
72 KB, 645x693
What's the best scientific calculator for windows?

Mainly just doing electrical engineering
>>
>>52100131
But the calculator pretty much does everything
>>
>>52100131
Python.
>>
Are Modular PSUs just memes for cable management?

I looked up some and they cost almost Twice as a Non Modular.
>>
>>52100202
yes thats right.. python is also a fantastic calculator
>>
>>52100268
pretty much, look up the rest of the specs though, it's just something they like to do with higher end psu
>>
File: 1451203882969.png (711 KB, 618x788) Image search: [Google]
1451203882969.png
711 KB, 618x788
Is there any way to easily move browser tabs between sessions on different devices i.e. between desktop and Android, or desktop to different desktop?

I guess it would involve the use of extensions/plugins but I don't know what to search for
>>
File: help how fix.jpg (795 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
help how fix.jpg
795 KB, 2560x1440
>>52098159
Something happened to images with 4chan
>>
>>52100131
Your preferred calculator in an emulator
>>
Has anyone had an iphone 5s that has bent? Luckily I inherited this, so I didn't pay for it, but I replaced the screen and just realized now that the battery life is god fucking awful and the frame is bent.

Is this shit even worth it? I feel like I've made a bad investment and could probably sell it for cheap and recoup the money I paid for the screen.

This just reaffirms why I will never buy an Apple product.
>>
I didn't put my /home on a sepperate partition. Is there a way to safely move it to one? I want to install steamOS alongside my everyday linux so I can go back to freedrivers. The nonfree shits tear up my animes.
>>
>>52098159
I don't know how to stream my screen and my face at the same time like many gamers or streamers on twitch do.
How do I do that?
>>
What is the G3258 of 2016?

on a really tight budget here
>>
>>52100400
Look into OBS. It's free and easy to set up
>>
>>52100435
non k overclocking means all of them are
>>
Is there any site or program where I can calculate the Power usage of my Build so I can select a PSU easier or I have to go with the old Pen and Paper style and just write down each part power usage and ad them together
>>
>>52100455
I dont understand
>>
>>52100451
Thanks, mate.
>>
I'm trying to find a thin Mini ITX Case with a handle on it that I saw in an atx/itx thread recently - I've googled and checked a bunch of vendors but I can't find it.

Any ideas, /g/?
Would be open to other suggestions of the same sort of size but if it's not a one hand carry it's going to have to fit in a backpack.
>>
>>52099316
Just get a family account with a few friends, it's like $2 a person.
>>
>>52100435
So G3258 is about $70 right?

Skylake's Pentium that has about that kind of price is either G4400 or G4500
>>
>>52100340
Turn off werk time in the menu located text to the 4chanX settings.
>>
Is there a place where you can send them components and they solder/assemble them and send them on to you? Don't have the equipment/skill for soldering 64 pin MCU's
>>
I have some questions regarding geolocation:

How is your location determined? Example: I live in town Y, but some geolocation site says that I'm in town X. Why? Because the next hop is in town X?
Other than using VPNs, can you modify it?
Does the routing table have anything to do with it?
>>
>>52100569
Google 'soldering service'.

Most places will want to do a custom quote based on the job. Prepare for it to be very expensive.
>>
File: 191003453252.jpg (25 KB, 550x436) Image search: [Google]
191003453252.jpg
25 KB, 550x436
I just bought a new crappy netbook for uni and it has win 10 installed. I want to disable as much of the telemetry as possible. Is there an up to date /g/ approved site or guide to doing so?
>>
not a stupid question this time but i don't want to open a new thread.

what can you tell me about the Anonymous hacker group?

last time i heard of them years ago they were half-dismantled and inflitrated by FBI. at least those were the voices.

as far as i heard they never had an official voice after FBI got a couple of them.
>>
>>52100866
4chan is their real name
>>
>>52100880
HACKERS ON STEROIDS
>>
>>52100866
most of them were employed by authorities and security agencies
>>
I want to try Vista Sp 1, what will run better on older machines Vista or 8.1
>>
I want to create a sort of forum where users can upload questions about certain topics where i can answer them.

What third party host am i looking for?
>>
>>52101228
Probably 8.1, as Vista is a piece of shit OS.
>>
>>52101228
Definitely 8.1
>>
>>52101289
>>52101281
Thanks
>>
I gave my Mum an Android tablet for Christmas and she has no idea how to use the damn thing. She has a basic grasp of Windows but is at the sort of level where she still calls her browser "the Google" and has used the same Blackberry Curve for the last 6 years. My Dad understands Android enough to use it but not enough to explain it or get to the bottom of the sort of strangely worded questions my Mum comes up with.

Has anyone in this situation found a useful book/web site/video that might end the horror of receiving a phone call every hour to explain something simple?
>>
File: 1444844739105.png (367 KB, 461x452) Image search: [Google]
1444844739105.png
367 KB, 461x452
>>52098159
what software should i use for data collection over a SpotFi system?
>>
File: 05E844E2D.jpg (160 KB, 704x1575) Image search: [Google]
05E844E2D.jpg
160 KB, 704x1575
My power supply (about 8 months old; EVGA Gold 80+ 850W) makes a loud clicking noise intermittently; and reproducibly whenever I alt tab from a heavy to light CPU/GPU load applications (eg. from a game to a web browser).
The issue appeared a few weeks ago, and recently I've also heard the occasional very loud crack- like sparking/arcing/shorting.

The thing is fucked and I need to RMA it right?
Because something like a graphics card I could deal a few weeks without- but the PSU being gone would render my only PC useless. Would it be a better idea to just buy a new PSU, RMA the current one and sell the latter?
>>
>>52101512
Definitely fucked and a risk to your entire PC. If it's arcing, it's potentially going to produce power spikes. I'd personally do what you're proposing and throw the replacement in a drawer as a spare.
>>
File: Foto 28.12.15, 15 19 54.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Foto 28.12.15, 15 19 54.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have this PC for gaming and I wonder if I did right with the air flow. I only have that CPU fan + the fan behind it at the case.
Should I buy more fans for the top of the case or the front side?

Also the PC is a bit loud even if I don't do anything. Not sure the noise comes from the fans or the GPU. Any advices?
>>
>>52098159
how can i program a nigger like OPs webm?
>>
How to stop Youtube from recommending me stuff based on geolocation?
>>
>>52101558
>Should I buy more fans for the top of the case or the front side?

I'd suggest a couple of low speed (e.g. sharkoon silent eagle 1000) fans on the top.

>Not sure the noise comes from the fans or the GPU. Any advices?
It's sketchy as fuck but you could stop the CPU fan for a fraction of a second and see if that stops the noise then do the same with the GPU fan. Obviously, only do it for a very brief time and do it while there's minimal load on each.
>>
>>52101598
Locationguard or equivalent for your browser. Set your location to downtown Pyongyang.
>>
>>52101546
Yeah, I turned my PC off after the second crack noise since I knew then it was the PSU and clearly deleterious. Hopefully it hasn't damaged the rest of my rig.

I might splurge on a Corsair AX860i; same wattage as the current PSU, but with Platinum efficiency. Certainly not buying an EVGA PSU again.
Thank you for confirming. I might also take your advice and keep the refurb instead of selling it.

Cheers.
>>
>>52101610
Thank you!
>>
>>52101613
>Platinum efficiency

Unless you're generating your power by burning diamonds, you're unlikely to see a return on the added cost in terms of power savings over the lifetime of the PSU.
>>
File: g.jpg (91 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
91 KB, 1500x1500
I dropped my external Seagate HDD for the second time. It's detected and all is working fine, but it makes beeps every now and then. When I google HDD beeps, it's all people with broken drives, but I can access my data just fine.

How fucked am I? I could grab a new 4tb for $139 during the boxing day, but I wouldn't want to replace something I could fix.
>>
>>52101627
No problem, if that doesn't work then they're using IP based location so you'll need a VPN or equivalent. The scary thing is that Google uses data scraped from their wifi assisted location in Android in conjunction with the GPS receiver of the phone to basically tie specific wifi networks to specific locations. Browsers like Firefox and Chrome then use this to report your PC location.
>>
>>52101633
Likely, there's a small amount of surface damage. Each time it hits it the drive stalls and beeps. It also damages the head and peels a little more of the coating off. The correct response to any physical hard drive damage is to turn it off and only plug it back in once you have a big enough drive to take a complete dump of the contents and only for that purpose.
>>
Okay, I installed a Gtx 960 yesterday after removing my old card and drivers, but whenever I plug my DVI cable in the card it doesn't display anything on the monitor, the card does work, the fans spin and everything, but I don't know why it won't display anything, wat do?
>>
>>52101603
Thanks. So I don't really need a fan to bring air inside my case, right? Only two more on the top.
>>
Is there a huge diffrence between 1080p / 1440p and 60hz / 120+hz (on 27") ?
>>
File: PSU.png (47 KB, 360x543) Image search: [Google]
PSU.png
47 KB, 360x543
>>52101631
Certainly not, but I (perhaps erroneously) assume "more money spent" = "more robust performance".
These are my available choices and insofar as the replacement doesn't damage my PC I'm happy to spend an extra $100- in the hope this doesn't happen again.
>>
>>52101661
This makes a lot of sense... ;_;
Thanks
>>
>>52101674
It's not strictly necessary (to throw some in the front) unless you've got a lot of 7200rpm drives stacked with no free bays between them.

Personally (from switching different fans off while running Prime95) I've found 3 exhaust fans (2 on the top, 1 at the back) to be more effective than disabling the top two fans and spinning up the front 2 I have but the case makes a huge difference and positive vs negative case pressure is a huge point of contention on /g/.
>>
I dropped my phone from about 6 feet high and now the battery seems to run out quicker. Would the drop be the cause of this or am I just imagining it dying faster? The phone is only 2 months old btw
>>
>>52101719
Ok then I'm going to order just the two for the top. Thanks a lot!
>>
>>52101682
I'm not experienced enough in that area to give a valid answer (I'm just replying so you're not left hanging) but I don't see why not.

>>52101692
No problem. Hope your data survived. I recently discovered that my friend had all the photos he'd ever taken of his kids on a single external drive that also doubled as his movie drive. In the end, I managed to pull about 10% of them from the dying mess of scratched platters.
>>
>>52101722
Unlikely but check for bulging in the back (a damaged LiPo will swell). Which phone is it?

>>52101750
You're welcome.
>>
Would a 65mbps router bottleneck a NAS media server severeley?

I have a NAs attached to my router. the router serves internet to 2 computers wirelessly, plus my ps4 on etherenet. The NAS is on etherenet too. When I try copy or move large files from the NAS to my wireless laptops I get speeds maybe around 20mbps. Often it times out. The whole setup is still connected to the itnernet, but nothing is being downloaded, so the system shouldn't be clogged. Also if I try to stream a movie from the NAS it will often play 10 minutes or so, then the buffer will run out and it will stutter for a good 30 seconds until it resumes playing. Increasing buffer sizes in smplayer does nothing to alleviate that.

What's going on. Is my router just shit, should I upgrade?
>>
So I was using mariadb, and (while trying to upgrade the mysql excel connector) I accidentally installed a new version of mysql.

Apparently this corrupted all my shit. Now neither mariadb nor mysql will even start.

Mariadb gives me this error:
2015-12-28 16:45:38 12668 [ERROR] InnoDB: Attempted to open a previously opened tablespace. Previous tablespace betdb/news uses space ID: 4 at filepath: .\betdb\news.ibd. Cannot open tablespace mysql/slave_master_info which uses space ID: 4 at filepath: .\mysql\slave_master_info.ibd
InnoDB: Error: could not open single-table tablespace file .\mysql\slave_master_info.ibd
InnoDB: We do not continue the crash recovery, because the table may become
InnoDB: corrupt if we cannot apply the log records in the InnoDB log to it.
InnoDB: To fix the problem and start mysqld:
InnoDB: 1) If there is a permission problem in the file and mysqld cannot
InnoDB: open the file, you should modify the permissions.
InnoDB: 2) If the table is not needed, or you can restore it from a backup,
InnoDB: then you can remove the .ibd file, and InnoDB will do a normal
InnoDB: crash recovery and ignore that table.
InnoDB: 3) If the file system or the disk is broken, and you cannot remove
InnoDB: the .ibd file, you can set innodb_force_recovery > 0 in my.cnf
InnoDB: and force InnoDB to continue crash recovery here.

mysql doesn't even give any errors, just crashes out immediately.

Tried running the mariadb upgrade thing but it didn't help.

wat do
>>
>>52100323
found one, pushbullet, except it can only move single tabs , not batch (unless i missed something)
>>
>>52101785
Some NAS's don't mind being connected directly to a computer by ethernet, others only work if you assign them a fixed IP address and still more straight up refuse. If you're in the former category, try connecting it directly by cable to your computer and see if the problem persists.

Some routers are unbelievably odd in the throughput speeds they can achieve, I had a crummy unbranded one what would happily serve 50mbps from it's WAN port to any computer but maxed out at 10% of that after a few seconds for internal LAN transfers, wired to wireless or any other combination of the two.
>>
Would it be possible to have DSL and Home Phone from two separate providers?

>Apartment I am renting comes with free home phone since the building owner is grandfathered in for an insane discount (Verizon)
>The DSL from Verizon is fucking garbage
>Want DSL (Since no cable internet in my area) from a different provider.

Is this possible, and if so would any special setup be required (and what is that cost estimated)
>>
>>52101781
iPhone 6+
No bulging in the back and I had a fat case on it when it fell
>>
>>52101766
>I'm not experienced enough in that area to give a valid answer (I'm just replying so you're not left hanging) but I don't see why not.
Don't worry about it. I appreciate the input nonetheless.
>>
>>52101870
it really depends on a lot of specifics, usually any other ISP would just be paying to use their lines and the service available would be very similar.
>>
>>52101880
If there's no physical signs of damage on the phone I'd take it to Apple and see if you can get a replacement.
>>
>>52101856
all right I'll give it a shot. my home internet plan expires in 6 months and I get a free router upgrade after that so I don't want to bite the bullet and get one myself if I don't have to.
>>
is computer engineering harder than computer science? (mostly regarding mathematics)

I can handle programming okayish
>>
>C#
I made a scrapper that used to write a plaintext structure that the client would parse and have all objected and pretty. Recently wanted to display it online and made the scrapper output json to make it easier to use with js.

But I want the regular client to support the JSON files now as well, and don't want to write a parser myself.

TL;DR: Best way to use JSON in .NET?
>>
>>52099757
mkvtoolnix
>>
>>52101900
Alright, so essentially then two different companies would be "borrowing" my line, and I would just need to filter it as usual?

Thanks for the help
>>
>>52101975
JSON.NET
>>
Is a 850 watt psu enough for :
CPU : Intel® Core™ i7 6700K 4.0 GHz
CPU Cooling : Cooler Master Hyper 412S
Motherboard : MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING
RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4-2400
GPU : Nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB
HDD1 : 3TB Stata
HDD2 : SSD Crucial BX200 240GB
Mouse : Sharkoon sharkforce
Keyboard : Sharkoon Skiller Pro+
? Thanks
>>
>>52098582
Get the note 5, best phone I've ever had or seen anyone with
>>
>>52101250
tumblr
>>
>>52102044
http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
>>
>>52102044
yes
>>
um, ok

how do I make my step-sis (lives alone) start exploring her sexuality?

i would like to be the guy who buys her first adult toy, but only that she'd ask for it first

she is 20 years old and a virgin

thx
>>
>>52101371
candy crush or scrabble
>>
/g/ents I have this old toshiba with intel m i don't remember it's one core 1.6ghz
and 1gb of ddr2 ram. I cannot into linux that much what to install on it ?
>>
My computer is only booting properly every other time.

On a good boot it goes:

motherboard splash screen -> check if there's a RAID -> choose if I want Win8 or Win 7 -> Windows logo -> login screen

On a bad boot it goes:

motherboard splash screen -> check if there's a raid -> Windows logo -> keyboard and mouse lights turn off, monitors report no signal and go to sleep, computer stays on (fans still going) but no way to interact with it

What's happening? I'm especially concerned because it's been happening ever other boot for the last 3 days
>>
>>52101668
Try a different port or different type of connection.

Try unplugging the monitor.
>>
>>52101910
Alright, thanks
>>
>>52101975
>>52102040
>JSON.NET
Idk, better than
>https://github.com/danielcrenna/json
?

That dynamic deserialization looks good. Instant object like js with json.
>>
>>52102112
Unless you have an absolutely incredibly necessary and unavoidable reason to use dynamic, you should never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever use it. Ever.
>>
>>52098159

What the fuck am I looking at here, OP?
>>
>>52102090

try kernel access to main cpu unit, without defreezing all of the threads

once you're in you will need to chckdisk/command at raidnet level, if it will pass than simply reboot and you're all done

if it will fail, you're going to need a manual override, basically open up nat and enter your router admin manager to ipv6 settings, apply the default settings > rerun step 2 and 3 and all fine
>>
>>52102151
Arduino in a box with a motor attached to a tentacle.
Knife was then attached to Tentacle

>>52101936
Colleges, Universities, etc all seem to blur the terms so without seeing the actual modules I couldn't say.
Comp Sci I believe deals with general PC use and some programming with expectation of teaching basics of coding for development, scripting or web design

Comp Engineering from the name should teach the basics of becoming a Systems Engineer. So working with Servers, AD management, Exchange, PowerShell/BASH scripting, Security, Networking. It's a broad topic same as any IT field
>>
>>52102129
What's so bad?
If I know the object's structure isn't it basically the same with less typing?
>>
>>52098159

Damn, I want this box so much..

I hope it comes with an annoying squeaking sound?
>>
>>52102317
>Damn, I want this box so much..

I want a giant one for my house that protrudes from the chimney.
>>
How can I get rid of this? Swiping it away doesn't work and it has been there since like yesterday.
It's probably one of those shitty security apps doing that but I'm pretty sure I don't have them installed
And it's not harmful, I rooted my phone with it long time ago and had no problems
>>
>>52102083
Try researching ubuntu, lubuntu and/or xubuntu. Lubuntu and xubuntu are more light weight OS.
You can always install them on USB/disk and try it out without removing your primary OS and see how you like it/how fast it is compared to yours and etc
>>
Can the average gamer see the diffrence between 60hz and 120 / 144hz?
>>
>>52102525
Yes but it's not necessarily better or required.
>>
>>52101800
that error explains exactly what happened and even how to fix it

what are you asking?
>>
Good language for beginner?
>>
>>52102592
English or Farsi
>>
>>52102065
give her the d
>>
>>52098159
>>52102151
>>52102251
>>>/wsg/853881
>>
>>52102525
YESSS

Even 75hz is so much smoother, ridiculously so for such a small change.
Try overclocking your screen and check the difference. Enormous
>>
>>52102383
git gud
>>
>>52102525
can they see it?
most certainly
will they notice it?
the average person probably won't unless you point it out
will it make a difference?
for the average gamer? no, not really (only considering games where it could make a difference, many games don't require fast framerates)
>>
How easy is it to replace your cpu cooler?
I occasionally find my cpu getting over 60 degrees Celcius, which is 140 Farenheit.
>>
>>52102663
You were right
Thanks
>>
>>52102800
Very as long as you can follow basic instructions.
>>
>>52102065
Visit her, watch tv together or something, sit together on a couch, basicly get physically close to her, then take remote and change to some crappy program, or protest that she is watching something boring. Get playfull, ask for remote then tickle her if refuses to give it to you. Once you start touching each other its easy. Ive done to my cousin and we made out. Ive done this with few other girls and almost always it leads to kissing and sometimes sex
>>
>>52102800
CPUs are generally fine at 70 C
>>
>>52100388
If you have LVM volumes, this is trivial. Grow and shrink that shit.
>>
File: 1336537287896.png (72 KB, 227x271) Image search: [Google]
1336537287896.png
72 KB, 227x271
This may be more of a /gd/ question but maybe I can get help here.

So a hobby of mine has always been drawing, and now I'm looking into buying a wacom tablet to use with Illustrator/Photoshop. Looking at their tablets there are two groups in totally different price ranges, the cheaper ones with 1024 pressure levels and the more expensive ones with 2048.

For someone just getting into it as a hobby and nothing else, will getting the cheaper one with the 1024 levels make that big of a difference? Or should I spend the extra money to get the better one?
>>
I installed a theme that removes the command bar
how do I get it back without changing theme? using win10
>>
>>52102905
Those multiple pressure levels are of more use when you're trying to emulate something like painting, if you're sketching, they're of less use.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1679x1051) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1679x1051
I have a 4gb r9 380 VRAM card, why does it show it's only 2.9gb in this game?

Also the GPU-Z shows the VDDC power to not go a bout 120w at 100% load. Is this normal for this gpu (thought it'd be 200W at least)?
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 271x186
>>52098159
my stupid question is:
Will this motherfucker fit in the air 540 case? My current psu is starting to wear out and it's slightly taller, and I had to force the thing in. It doesn't even fit properly. I couldn't get all 4 screws in for whatever reason.
>>
I have an i7-4790k, and when I check in my open hardware monitor, some of my cores have different temperatures. Now I understand that this is "normal" to some degree, but I was wondering if anyone knew why this happens? In both the technical and practical applications?

Could it result as an uneven spread in TIM? Or an air pocket between cooler and CPU? Assuming programs being used require multithreading, why are some cores maxing out like 90 or w/e and some 80s?
>>
>>52102950
>shows amount of available video memory
it's not clear whether it means total or free memory, "available" can mean either
>>
>>52102950
Isnt that a (projected) memory usage for those settings?
>>
>>52101512
What show? Or is it an edit?
>>
>>52102939

Thanks m8. Will just get the cheaper one then.
>>
How do you monitor web traffic on windows ?
>>
>>52102863
Really?
I thought they should be at around 40-50 max
>>
>>52103005
I forget the name but it's not porn, if that was your motivation/interest.
>>
>>52102985
>>52102983
It's the amount of available memory. It's probably a software thing.

Is there a way to test the amount of VRAM and the power the card draws with just software?
>>
>>52103035
> 40-50 max
naw man, It was mainly that way with Wolfdale and Yorkfield that got unstable with over 55/60ºC

Anything older or newer is good up to 72ºC
>>
>>52103077
I got it fixed had to change a setting in configuration file. Thanks.
>>
>>52103077
yes, with afterburner you can check both
>>
>>52103019
Resource monitor
>>
>>52103019
Fiddler works fine
>>
How do I install this openbox theme?
http://dotshare DOT it/dots/956/0/raw/
>>
File: ss (2015-12-28 at 01.39.09).png (15 KB, 953x394) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-28 at 01.39.09).png
15 KB, 953x394
I was planning on buying a new pc, but they don't seem to come with stock coolers anymore, so I was planning on buying one too.
searching a little bit, I saw everyone putting the thermal paste in a weird way from yt videos, from "thin layer of pase", to "just a drop in the middle".
everyone in the comments whatever the setup is, they say it's wrong.
I've been doing it like pic related for the past 8 years.
everyone seemed concerned about bubbles or something. I've always tried to make not a thick nor thin layer, but to cover almost all the cpu, since with the pressure that the cooler makes, it's going to spread the paste to the sides i didnt cover.
am i retarded for doing it this way? is there a "true" way?
I just don't want to fuck up this new computer i want to buy.
(Top view of what I put and how i spread it - and side view of how dense it is)
>>
>>52101682

Then buy a seasonic
>>
>>52103255
afaik cpus still come with a stock cooler
>>
>>52103296
>>
>>52103255
Look for a retail cpu. OEM come witout a cooler.
>>
how do i get better at team work /g/?
>>
>>52103368
Listen, learn to accept
>>
>>52103368
Show your superior and make sure they know they're privileged to be in your presence
>>
File: BUDDHA.gif (2 MB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
BUDDHA.gif
2 MB, 500x372
>>52103368

Work in teams.
>>
>>52103255
You put a line (grain of rice sized) in the center going left to right
>>
>>52103352
I was planning getting this one
>>52103351
but my main question was if my method of applying paste was the right one or atleast not one that harms the cpu in the long term.
>>
Are there any safe Tpb proxy sites ?
>>
File: 9rr6g2.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
9rr6g2.jpg
192 KB, 1600x1200
>>52103455
Like this. You should never spread it out.
>>
/g/ I have an SSD related issue
Most folders contents load quickly, but one specific folder loads very very slowly.
Why is that?
>>
I have a laptop running Mint that keeps overheating and shutting down because of the CPU temps. I know that one can overclock, but can I underclock? I want to cap my cpu speed at a lower level so that my laptop doesn't overheat so fucking much all the time.
>>
>>52103557
oh ok. is it because it's a different type of paste? or in general.
the way I showed it's how i spread the white one, and in older computers.
>>
>>52103713
In general

Spreading creates an uneven surface, which makes it much more susceptible to air bubbles
>>
>>52103713
Some pastes are thicker but the principle is the same. I used to recommend Arctic Silver 5 but have since found Arctic Cooling mx-4 to be superior in performance, ease of spreading and not needing running in.
>>
Tryna get some shit off of an android phone that needs to be factory reset. Been trying an adb pull but I can't get the motherfucker to recognize in adb. Tried all the usual shit, tried Kyocera's driver, tried the universal driver, still fuckin' nothing. And now the nigger won't even recognize in device manager. Really I just wanna ask if what I'm attempting is even possible before I waste any more time on it.
>>
If I don't plan on overclocking, is there really any reason to buy a motherboard better than a 50-60€ Asus or Gigabyte one? From my understanding the difference is only for stuff like OC and more ports and connection I don't really need.
>>
>>52103825
Oftentimes you'll get a lower end chipset, like a 970 instead of a 990fx or an H85 instead of a Z97, which might affect various obscure motherboard functions that I can't be arsed to look up right now, but yeah you're usually fine.
>>
>>52103528
.gd is still alive
>>
what is more 1080p future proof

r9 390 or gtx 970
>>
>>52103825
More premium motherboards may also include better on-board audio and better a better on-board network card, more ports (SATA, USB)/PCI express slots/RAM slots. Otherwise, there isn't much difference, so just get what fits your needs.
>>
i don't understand anon

>>52103395
accept what? a dick in my butt?
>>
>>52103912
>1080p
>future

>future proof
Technically, the 970 is less future proof due to the 3.5 GB VRAM issue, but that is a pretty much a non-factor for 1080p.
>>
>>52103728
>>52103742
ok zank you.
[spoiler]since i didnt see anyone screaming "that's the wrong way" i'll assume this is the right way[/spoiler]
>>
>>52104018
god fucking damnit, never managed to get spoilers working
>>
>>52104018
I'll confirm in triplicate, they're both right.
>>
>>52104041
[spoiler]No spoilers on /g/[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1430058349364.gif (768 KB, 320x190) Image search: [Google]
1430058349364.gif
768 KB, 320x190
>>52104041
Can't spoiler on /g/, can only spoiler on media boards where something might actually get spoiled.
>>
What does intermittent 525 SSL handshake error with Cloudflare indicate?
>>
>>52102972
I second this.
>>
How do I get smooth video playback on raspberry pi? Decrease bitrate?
>>
>>52104178
Second this. How do I decrease bitrate?
>>
Also I might do rendering often.
For the Intel i7-5820k, what should I get.
I'm in the south so temp here is high. 31º right now.
I want to spend the least possible, but if it is something that really fill the needs of the conditions as to where I am, I welcome it too
>>
>>52098159
so i have an audio interface connected to a laptop running windows 10

it has 2 usb 2.0 and 1 usb 3.0, the inteface should be connected to a usb2 port, one of these ports acts wonky, so it's connected to the one that works fine

whenever i connect something to the wonky port, and i disconnect it, say a pendrive, or a hub with mouse/keyboard, the computer goes to sleep

any clues?
>>
>>52104178
Figured it out. Use omxplayer or one of its frontends (tboplayer). Silky smooth. Make sure to set memory split to 64 or more in raspi-config.
>>
Android 6.0, switched phone few weeks back and just now noticed I'm not reciving any new emails, old ones are there. When refreshing my mailbox it loads for a long time but no new emails appear. Synched gmail, no help.
>>
>>52104577
Return phone.
>>
>>52104577
Gmail is working like it should but the problem is my work emails it seems. Must be a problem on hosts side, even thought on computer the email is working fine.
>>
>>52100634
bump.

Another question:
I just did "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M" on a 7GB SD card. It's been running for more than an hour. Is this normal?
>>
>>52098159
how can i get the output of print, more specifically %s
 print ("You now have %s" %(var+y)) 
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 204x204
Fuck? Just reinstalled my windows and decided to install Daemon tools, and my fucking antivirus pops up it says Daemon tools if infected with OpenCandy. I googled a bit and even the developers confirmed it when you choose the free license you get fucking malware. Do i need to reinstall my windows again, or is it removing with malwarebytes enough ?
>>
I'm back from best buy with a 5tb. What could I use a soon-to-be defunct 4tb external drive for? I mean, it's still works.
>>
>>52105103
Why not reinstall it again just to be sure? The Slysoft Virtual CD is a better alternative to Daemon.
>>
>>52105178
How good is your internet? I would download terabytes of stuff I might save. Once your other HDD is attached to your rig, transfer the stuff you wanna keep and then wipe the old drive.
Alternatively, use the HDD for a shitty RasPi NAS server.
>>
>>52104881
No? You're just wiping it with zeroes, it shouldn't be that long to finish.
>>
File: Screenshot.jpg (33 KB, 700x539) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.jpg
33 KB, 700x539
What am I fucking up /g/? I have never had this hard of a time installing an OS. I am Trying to install over my Windows 10. Legacy Drivers are on and Legacy Drivers are set to boot first but this error still is popping up. I tried a USB bootable and an external CD drive. The CD isnt bad, I am using a USB 2.0.

Help.
>>
So I am trying to use one REPLACE command to take data from one file and create two seperate databases (OUTPUT_A and OUTPUT_B). in FoxPro 9.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible, and if so how?
Im getting a fucking headache

Essentially my code looks like this:
INSERT INTO OUTPUT_A SELECT *  ALL FROM DATAFILE WHERE VARIABLE_A  >"1  "INTO OUTPUT 1
INSERT INTO OUTPUT_B SELECT * ALL FROM DATAFILE WHERE VARIABLE_A >"1 "INTO OUTPUT 2

SELECT OUTPUT_A and OUTPUT_B
REPLACE VARIABLE_B WITH "2" ALL

SELECT OUTPUT_A
COPY TO "FINAL_OUTPUT_A" TYPE foxplus

SELECT OUTPUT_B
COPY TO "FINAL_OUTPUT_B TYPE foxplus

FoxPro is so god damn awful
>>
>>52105217
Won't all the reinstalling fuck with my meme ssd ?
>>
File: 2015-12-28 13_39_27-Settings.png (27 KB, 663x369) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28 13_39_27-Settings.png
27 KB, 663x369
Pic related is an upgrade not including the gpu (I already had that and I'm not changing it for now). Considering non-k variants of Skylake cpu's can be oc'd on asrock z170 mobos, how do you think this build will work out? It'll be miles better than my shitty athlon x4 750k. I heard some anon got practically the same thing as me but with a gtx 960, which performs similar to my 7870. Also, I have a custom water cooling setup that should keep the cpu nice and cool for that exclusive oc ability on the asrock mobos. What do you think?
>>
>>52105103
daemon tools is malware for some years now, avoid it.

either use a modern windows where it isn't needed anymore or use wincdemu.
>>
>>52105273
It's your call. If you think Malwarebytes really cleaned your system then sure don't reinstall.
>>
good place to buy 100-300 dollar desks?
>>
>>52105273
unless you write multiple terabytes per day the SSD isn't going to die that fast.
Don't be paranoid and believe everything /g/ tells you, I have mine for 4 years now and I do a lot of useless writing on it and have no issues.
>>
linode or digital ocean? I want something easy and cheap
>>
>>52105234
Well shit. I'm gonna try it with dcfldd now.
>>
>>52105335
Thanks
>>
File: webm.png (6 KB, 122x130) Image search: [Google]
webm.png
6 KB, 122x130
How do I get MPC-HC to show thumbnails?
>>
>>52105509
Media Preview
>>
I have been trying to setup OpenBSD for desktop usage, however I cannot seem to get Xorg to work with my r9 290. Hawaii listed as supported on the Radeon man page of OpenBSD however when I look in /etc/firmware , I cannot find Radeon-Hawaii in there , any BSD guru help me out ?
>>
>>52098159
If I'm reinstalling my OS on a new drive do I need to remove the old one first, or can I just boot from a USB and install to the new drive while the old one is still in?
>>
>>52105735
remove old pls
>>
>>52105750
Thanks.
After I've installed the OS then can I just pop it back in and format it?
>>
>>52105832
Yes
>>
what would be a better purchase for 3d modeling, a used hp z800 with dual xeon x5570s or upgrade my current build with a new mono and i7 4790k? planning on getting the the same memory for both.
>>
Are 4 drives too little for a RAID5 array? I'll be using a hardware RAID controller, what RAID type and what FS should I use for 4x4TB HDDs?
>>
Can any Android phone be rooted?
>>
Is it possible to set up a speaker so that it serves as the output for only one specified program? Specifically, I wanna know if I can have Cortana (W10) output through a seperate speaker and basically be the computer from Star Trek.
>>
Is it worth paying extra for skylake + DDR4 to upgrade my 4690k or should just get a cheap 4790k and another 8gb of ram instead?

I only use the PC to play video games and seed my torrents
>>
>>52106397
wanna know this too
>>
So after that one anon yesterday told me to try awesome wm instead of xfce i went for it.

Now i have a problem with the themes.
I set the path to the theme.lua and all is fine. But when i want to replace the original rc.lua with the one that came with the theme it just breaks my awesome session and trops me to the tty shell. Whats up with that?
>>
i remember there was a website where you could see random recorded DMCA violations on any given IP

is that website still around? i cant find it
>>
File: 1447631170824.jpg (27 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1447631170824.jpg
27 KB, 429x410
Whats a good ISO ripper/creator software?
Is acetoneISO good?
>>
So I'm planning on buying a 64 gig sd card for my phone because I want the sd to be a source of RAM. Am I limited to using up to 4 gigs?
>>
File: B85M-Gamer-2D-png-copy-930x980.jpg (260 KB, 930x980) Image search: [Google]
B85M-Gamer-2D-png-copy-930x980.jpg
260 KB, 930x980
Is ASUS SupremeFX (Realtek ALC1150) compatible with the default Realtek driver instead of the ASUS one?
>>
File: ____?.png (121 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
____?.png
121 KB, 250x418
>make a webm with ffmpeg
>realise the colors have come out wrong (they look like that 'cool' setting which comes on some TVs, monitors, etc.)
>try specifying the color matrix (bt.709) and color range (tv) of the original video and encode again
>comes out exactly the same
>try telling ffmpeg to convert the color range to pc
>colours come out really intense
>try telling ffmpeg to ensure the output file has tv color range
>'cool' again
>try telling ffmpeg that the original video file's color range is pc
>webm comes out all misty looking and washed out
>not knowing what else I can do, try telling ffmpeg to convert the color matrix to bt.601
>colors now match the original video file for some reason
Can anyone explain this to me? I thought converting the color matrix was supposed to fuck the colors up, so why did this fix them? I don't understand.

Is there any disadvantage to using bt.601? I looked it up and apparently it's intended for SDTV, while bt.709 is for HDTV.
>>
Reposting from /flt/:

It appears I don't have to rotate the Wacom tablet seperately from the screen in my X201T anymore. I just rotate the screen with xrandr and the tablet works the way it's supposed to without rotating it with xsetwacom. I'm using Fedora 22. Could somebody explain this behaviour? MagickRotation script still works the old way (it rotates both the display and tablet so I have to rotate the tablet back to normal, I guess I'll just make a sloppy script to replace it).
>>
Why is xposed stopping me from installing apps? Having to flash the uninstall zip to update or install an app is annoying
>>
>Turn iMac on
>Don't even login
>After a while, CPU fan kicks on
>Whirrr whirr
>Turns off
>twenty minutes later, check on iMac
>Still being shit

And the HDD fan is being a dick too. I thought it was just Plex Server overloading this thing but it just happens regardless. These aren't very extreme temps for my CPU fan to be 600rpm away from reaching it's max, right?

I've noticed this after I got a TV and started turning the fan off in my room to listen to it. Also... I moved my computer to a different room so that contributes to me noticing this now. I say this because idk how long it's been going on. I've always had headphones on and a loud fan to cancel the noises.

CPU fan just kicked off and it sounds quiet now but I bet the HDD fan will kick on later and be even louder than the CPU fan. Fuck..
>>
File: 12-28-15_01.png (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
12-28-15_01.png
296 KB, 1920x1080
>>52105551
Is this site trustworthy?
>>
File: ger000.png (189 KB, 986x976) Image search: [Google]
ger000.png
189 KB, 986x976
yo i don't know anything about computers, is this a decent build for 800€?

tall me if any of the parts are incompatible or shit, suggest something else.
>>
>>52107020
Your CPU is not compatible with your mobo m8. Either pick Intel or AMD, not both.
>>
>>52107020
Kauf dir das zeug lieber gebündelt bei mindfactory.

Da feht ne Grafikkarte.
Mainboard passt nicht zum prozessor.
Netzteil ist scheiße.
Festplatte ist scheiße.
PWM Lüfter wut?
>>
>>52107010
I can't say.

http://babelsoft.net/products.htm

This is the home of media preview
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.