[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /g/ I don't post here... literally ever but I figured
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: znotfamiliar.jpg (49 KB, 625x342) Image search: [Google]
znotfamiliar.jpg
49 KB, 625x342
Well /g/ I don't post here... literally ever but I figured it was as good of a place as any. I'm currently running 2 Radeon 5850 in Crossfire. Bought them when they were pretty new about 6 years ago. I was dreading the day they would start chugging but that day has now come.

I've been out of the graphics card loop for more than half a decade now so I don't know what's what anymore and how it compares to my set up. The cards are so outdated now that any comparison site brings up comparisons that I know can't be true. Gaining scores that are comparable to current high end cards.

So what cards are good these days that go from $200-300? I don't give a fuck if it's AMD or Nvidia.

>tldr; what's a good graphics card in the 200-300 dollar range.
>>
R9 390 is the best card in your range.
>>
>>52097538
Also if your CPU is also 6 years old it might be time to upgrade that as well, or you might bottleneck the 390.
>>
File: relevant image.jpg (10 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
relevant image.jpg
10 KB, 208x200
>>52097548
My CPU is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7, 930 @ 2.8 GHz if it's helpful. Right now I'm just focusing on the graphics card situation so I know even less about the current scene of CPUs and how mine compares.
>>
>>52097640
You're certainly gonna have a CPU bottleneck.

It's not the end of the world but you're gonna wanna upgrade that too.

Which means new CPU+Mobo+RAM
>>
>>52097640
Your CPU is pretty good, first gen i7s aren't usually a huge bottleneck. If you feel like it you can always OC it.
>>
>>52097506
>>tldr; what's a good graphics card in the 200-300 dollar range.
there are none
the golden age of price:performance you last bought cards at, is long gone.

only gimicks, meme cards, and terribly priced gpus remain.

>>52097640
you should overkek, legit the last generation of CPUs worth buying... from intel at least. does nehalem beat vishera? probably...

anyway your CPU is more than enough for gaymen.... HBM2 gpus will be out by spring, i think you should hold out till then, if only for the current gen cards to drop in price and finaly be worth their dollar value, as it stands right now though, it's just not worth it.
>>
>>52097690
Nigga what are you talking about, an i7 930 OC'd is on par with an 8350. Its not gonna be a huge issue.
>>
File: ewtwetr.png (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ewtwetr.png
124 KB, 1920x1080
Skylake i5 has pretty much double the performance of your first gen i7.
>>
>>52097640
You could try either a GTX 970 or r9 390.
>>
>>52097736
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>52097766
Ooooh that's cute, some nice synthetic benchmarks. Don't see any gaymen there though. How about some real world benchmarks?

>inb4 he posts a benchmark that only gets 5-7 better frames
>>
>>52097788
Fuck you nigga you can use google I ain't gonna spoonfeed you. You just want OP to buy more shit you kike.
>>
I've seen a bunch of people recommend an R9 so I guess I'll go with that. Thanks guys. I'm low on funds so a new CPU and MOBO is out of the question at this point, but I will eventually get around to it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.