[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help The power jack on my laptop is finished I think. I recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: laptop_powerjack.jpg (124 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
laptop_powerjack.jpg
124 KB, 600x300
Help

The power jack on my laptop is finished I think. I recently had to hold the charger input in a weird angle for it to work but now it won't charge anymore. I have tried using a power cable but that doesn't work either. How can I repair this myself or or is it easier to just hand it in to those laptop repair shops? I have acer aspire v5 if it helps
>>
WHAT PART OF NOT YOUR PERSONAL FUCKING TECH SUPPORT TEAM DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND
>>
>>52095022
should've bought a macbook pro
>>
>>52095022
throw it away, buy a mac, cream yourself everytime you use your magsafe charger. It's the only option, anon.
>>
>>52095052
Just asking for basic advice, I'm a noob to these things

>>52095062
>>52095091
I'm a poor student, can't afford those Mac things
>>
>>52095022
s,s
>>
>>52095176
is that an emoticon? I need help bros...

Is it worth saving for a macbook?
>>
>>52095022
You'll need a voltmeter and check if the piece is working, if not, replace it.
>>
>>52095022
Buy another AC cable for the internal shit.

NOT YOUR FUCKING PERSONAL HELP DESK YOU FUCKING CUNT.
>>
>acer
You're fucked, bring it into a repair shop, those things are designed to be difficult to do anything on in terms of repairs/replacement parts
>>
>>52095022
FUCK OFF TO ANOTHER THREAD WHERE THEY ALLOW RETARDED PEOPLE WHO CANNOT READ SIMPLE FUCKING STICKY TEXT.
>>
>>52095022
Why can't you dumb fuckers use 4chan and then see that there is a STUPID QUESTIONS thread in the cat.

gtfo
>>
>>52095022
I hope you need to buy another laptop.

I hate you.

>Gay retard.
>>
>>52095022
Fuck you
>>
>>52095022
Ship it to me, ill fix it :)
>>
>>52095486
Yeah I'll try that, hoping for the best.

>>52095501
>>52095492
>>52095482
>>52095517
>>52095501
>>52095527
Didn't read the sticky, my bad. Should have posted on /diy/
>>
Good day sir, and welcome to /g/ windows computer centre support center.

It seems that you are experiencing dificulties with
>The power jack on my laptop is finished I think.

Please follow the following steps to resolve your dificulty with
>The power jack on my laptop is finished I think.

1. Have you turned off and on the device?
2. if holding the wire at a weird angle fixed the issue before, then the issue is probably an internal short or oc with the connection. Most often than not it's on the wire end but I cant be sure without checking it myself.

When I had that problem, I fixed IT by soldering the wire directly to the board. Just make sure the brick itself is not faulty by checking that its output voltage matches what's inscribed on the label.

Thank you sir for contacting /G/ windows support senter. Good curry to you sir.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.