[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mpv/ - best media player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: download_512x512.png (31 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
download_512x512.png
31 KB, 512x512
> Download link for mpv.
- https://bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows/downloads

> Download link for youtube-dl.
- https://yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl.exe

> Useful lua scripts for mpv.
- https://github.com/argon-/mpv-stats
- https://github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autospeedwin

> Basic configuration, needs a decent graphic card.
vo=opengl-hq:backend=dxinterop

> High configuration, needs a good graphic card.
vo=opengl-hq:backend=dxinterop:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:prescale=superxbr

> Nnedi3 configuration, needs a very good graphic card.
vo=opengl-hq:backend=dxinterop:scale=ewa_lanczossharp:cscale=ewa_lanczossoft:prescale=nnedi3:nnedi3-neurons=64
>>
>>52094999
If it's the best media player, why do you need a 24/7 help thread?
>>
>backend=dxinterop
whats this?
>>
>>52095025

Because /g/ is full of clueless morons
>>
> dxinterop
does it mean that windows os wins?
>>
>autospeedwin
How is that different from fpsadjust lua script?

Should I be using both? One or the other? Which is superior? By how much?
>>
Any way to speed up subs? I'm playing some typeset-heavy chinese cartoons and it's causing me to lag like a bitch.
>>
>>52094999
ANGLE builds where?
>>
Vlc has been failing to play mkv files with mesa-git installed but mpv has no problem!
>>
>>52095025
Because no other player gets interesting new features as often as mpv.
>>
>>52095029
A Windows backend that renders with OpenGL and presents with Direct3D. It should have better latency and less dropped frames than the default backend because Direct3D properly syncs with the compositor and lets you configure the latency. The downside is that it's completely broken with some graphics drivers.
>>
>>52095409
Make sure you're on the latest libass. Apart from that there's not much you can do. If you don't mind video resolution subs (a la VSFilter) you can try --vo=opengl:blend-subtitles=video
>>
>>52094999
>> Download link for mpv.
>- https://bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows/downloads
>not https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/

I don't have enough Constanzas for this.
>>
>>52095409
subtitle-preroll or preload something.

maybe?
>>
>>52095851
preroll is a different thing. It makes it more likely that the correct subtitle event will show up immediately after a seek, but it shouldn't speed up rendering.
>>
>>52094999
Mpv runs like shit on xubuntu, fuck off
>>
>>52095845
Know of any builds that have back-channeled support for bs2b, modern ones?
>>
>>52096143
Probably an outdated version. Install from the PPA, compile from source or stop using *buntu.
>>
Noob question: what makes this better than VLC player?
>>
>>52096920
Lightweight, minimalist, well-maintained codebase. Faster seeking. High quality scaling algorithms. Video interpolation and video-based timing.
>>
File: 346426.jpg (332 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
346426.jpg
332 KB, 2000x2000
Someone tell me what the point even is in these(?):
>dxinterop (experimental)
>Win32, using WGL for rendering and Direct3D 9Ex for presentation. Works on Nvidia and AMD only.
D3D9? Really? For what?! I have no issues just using it with default settings what does this give me?

>angle
>Direct3D11 through the OpenGL ES translation layer ANGLE. This supports almost everything the win backend does, except ICC profiles, high bit depth video input, and the nnedi3 prescaler.
pic related, this just sounds awful.
>>
i have a 750 Ti would that fall into the good or basic configuration?
>>
>>52094999
Does it play 60FPS YT videos?
>>
>>52097827
Nobody knows? eh.

Well:
>Direct3D 9Ex for presentation
>Direct3D11 through the OpenGL ES translation layer ANGLE.
It seems like I would be better off sticking with mpc-hc rather than fuck around with various hacks/layers.
>>
>>52097827
Direct3D 9Ex is for interop with the DWM. Believe it or not, the DWM in Windows 7 is written with Direct3D 9Ex, not 11, and that's presumably why only 9Ex supports flip-mode present in Windows 7. Unless I'm mistaken, MPC-HC has no D3D11 renderers either. madVR and EVR both use 9Ex.

>I have no issues just using it with default settings what does this give me?
It's already been explained in this thread. See >>52095726. Some people get serious judder and dropped frames with GL on Windows, because GL on Windows is shit. The dxinterop backend reportedly fixes those issues for some people, but even if you don't have issues, it should still give you more accurate frame timing (so more accurate display sync and interpolation) and less latency.

>pic related, this just sounds awful.
Why? The ANGLE backend restrictions should go away soon, either with new ANGLE extensions or with better GLES3 support in mpv.

>>52099266
>It seems like I would be better off sticking with mpc-hc rather than fuck around with various hacks/layers.
dxinterop is admittedly a bit of a hack (though it is using the WGL_DX_interop extension as it was intended.) ANGLE, however, is not a hack, and it seems like the best way forward on Windows. As mentioned, OpenGL is shit on Windows, but the mpv devs don't want to maintain multiple renderers. ANGLE allows them to use the same renderer for all platforms, meaning less work, faster development and no platform being ahead or behind the others. Google Chrome also uses ANGLE for all rendering on Windows and it works fine.
>>
>>52097934
Yep. I think if you have the latest mpv, ffmpeg and youtube-dl, it will play the 60fps versions automatically.
>>
MPV sucks just a little because I can't get my geometry settings to work with Wayland. Oh well. They need to fix that shit.

I have a decent mpv.conf. Although it doesn't use most of your guy's placebo video filters. I can post it Online somewhere if anyone cares.
>>
How to eliminate judder?
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation
doesn't really help. reduces very minimal judder
>>
>>52099572
As far as I can tell, the wayland backend in mpv is not very mature. You're welcome to try to improve it if you know how. I don't think any of mpv's regular contributors know about or care about Wayland. In the meantime, you might be better off with the x11 or x11egl backend and XWayland. I know that works better on my machine.
>>
>>52099591
Make sure you have
--video-sync=display-resample
as well. interpolation no longer works without display-sync. You can also try changing the tscale suboption. The default is tscale=mitchell, but tscale=oversample is closer to what madVR does.

If on Windows, try the backend=dxinterop or dwmflush=no suboptions. This fixes judder for some people.
>>
>>52099673
vo=opengl-hq:interpolation
video-sync=display-resample

still judders
>>
>>52099512
Besides, IIRC the same dev responsible for D3D9 interop also planned/is working on the D3D11 one.
>>
>>52099727
OS?

Did you try tscale=oversample?
>>
>>52099627
>Using Wayland with a compatibility layer

No thanks, I'm still waiting for more programs to at least support it fully. I won't mind if they can still run on X. So far we have GTK3, Qt5, EGL, and SDL2 fully compatible with Wayland, as long as they don't use X extensions/properties or whatever.
>>
>>52099727
Are you sure it's judder and not the regular low fps' "effect"?
Because for the latter mpv's intepolation is not going to help.
>>
>>52099572
>>52099627
Speaking of which, do I need to do anything to get a video on wayland? Using weston, I get
[vo/opengl] after rendering: OpenGL error INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION
and the window doesn't appear.
>>
>>52099746
win10
nope

>>52099774
i dont know but with SVP it can completely eliminate judder
>>
>>52099793
Did you try the other things? (--vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:backend=dxinterop and --vo=opengl-hq:interpolation:dwmflush=no)
>>
>>52095025
Because don't you know, over-engineering and complexity and terrible user experience means it's better since normies and people with self respect don't want to use.
>>
>>52099793
i forgot to add that i was comparing it with panning scene
>>
>>52099789
You need to have at least this option in your mpv config:

vo = opengl:backend=wayland
>>
>>52099793
SVP doesn't do the same thing, see this wiki page:
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Interpolation
>>
>>52099793
>i dont know but with SVP it can completely eliminate judder
Yeah, what mpv does is nothing like what SVP does. mpv's interpolation is more like madVR's smoothmotion. It reduces judder, but it doesn't get rid of the 24fps feel and it doesn't add ugly interpolated frames in-between the real ones.
>>
>>52099793
>i dont know but with SVP it can completely eliminate judder
So yes, it's probably not judder and mpv's convolution-based interpolation can't do anything about it.
>>
>>52099817
Same error happens.
>>
>>52099810
>over-engineering and complexity
Over-engineering and complexity would be adding a GUI tbqh.
>>
>>52099845
>>52099789
It's probably fucked. I think wayland is the default backend on Wayland anyway. Like I said before, your best bet on Wayland is probably with backend=x11 or backend=x11egl.
>>
>>52099831
>tfw when I tried using SVP on a 120hz display it gave me motion sickness.

But I feel fine when interpolation/smootmotion just removes judder from scene transitions.
>>
>>52099845
Did you comment out any other "vo" lines?

If you have any options under the Window category (check manpage) like "geometry" and "autofit-xyz" those need to be disabled, since they use X properties I think.

Other than that, I can say I've tested it and got it working with just Weston on Debian Sid.
>>
>>52094999
Why are you putting Windows-specific crap as example configurations?

mpv isn't even designed for Windows, and the only reason it can even compile on Windows is because of a bunch of hacked up compatibility layers emulating a Unix environment/software.
>>
>>52095409
Buy a better computer.

I've never seen complex ASS subs slow down even really old toasters.
>>
>>52099822
>>52099831
>>52099832
ok thanks

i really like mpv but oh well
>>
>>52099861
Well I'm not actually using wayland, but I like to see from time to time if the software I use works with it.
>>52099872
Ah right, I had a
autofit-larget=80%
. Without that it works.
>>
>>52099897
>the only reason it can even compile on Windows is because of a bunch of hacked up compatibility layers emulating a Unix environment/software.
I keep hearing things like this here, but it's not really true. mingw-w64 GCC is not "hacked up." It's actually a fully Windows-native port of GCC. Neither the compiler nor the compiled software have any compatibility layer, they have been ported to work on top of the MSVC++ runtime. Apparently waf even runs on the native Python, so you shouldn't need MSYS2, Cygwin, or anything resembling a Unix environment to build it. (I still like to use MSYS2 though.)
>>
>>52099923
Nice 1.

Gotta go to bed soon, but let's see if I can post my mpv config here (not for Wayland btw).

# Track Selection
alang = en,eng,jp,jap,jpn
slang = en,eng

# Playback Control
loop = no
load-unsafe-playlists

# Program Behavior
idle
ytdl
ytdl-format = best

# Video
#vo = opengl-hq:interpolation:tscale=oversample
#vo = opengl:backend=wayland
#vo = x11
vo = xv
#hwdec = vaapi

# Audio
ao = alsa,oss,
volume = 50
audio-display = no
softvol-max = 100

# Subtitles
sub-auto = exact

# Window
title="mpv - ${media-title}"
keep-open
geometry = 50%:50%
autofit-larger = 100%x100%

# OSD
no-osd-bar
osd-duration = 500
osd-font = "Terminus"
osd-font-size = 42

# Screenshot
screenshot-format = png
screenshot-template = ~/.mpv/screenshot/screenshot-%02n

# Video
vo = xv

# Audio
ao = alsa,oss,
volume = 50
audio-display = no
softvol-max = 100

# Subtitles
sub-auto = exact

# Window
title="mpv - ${media-title}"
keep-open
geometry = 50%:50%
autofit-larger = 100%x100%

# OSD
no-osd-bar
osd-duration = 500
osd-font = "Terminus"
osd-font-size = 42

# Screenshot
screenshot-format = png
screenshot-template = ~/.mpv/screenshot/screenshot-%02n

# Terminal
msg-level = all=error:statusline=status
no-term-osd
term-osd-bar
term-status-msg = "Time: ${time-remaining:0s} / ${time-pos} / ${length:Unknown} (${percent-pos:100}%)${?pause==yes: (Paused)}${?mute==yes: (Muted)}\nSpeed:
${speed}x | Loop: ${loop} | Vol: ${volume} ${?paused-for-cache==yes:(Filling Cache) }${?demuxer-cache-idle==no:(Wait...)}"

# Cache
cache = auto
cache-initial = 500
cache-pause

# Network
rtsp-transport = http

# Miscellaneous
autosync = 1

I have a shitty computer.
>>
>>52099962
You're telling me I can compile mpv on Windows without MSYS2 or Cygwin? How?

Anyway my point is just that OP should fuck off back to /v/, because he's putting Windows-specific crap in example configurations of the OP, without even mentioning that they're Windows-specific options.
>>
>>52099996
Wow, sorry. I screwed it up.

I haven't figured out a good way to copy and paste a whole file from vim on the terminal. But you guys can fix it.
>>
>>52100020
>You're telling me I can compile mpv on Windows without MSYS2 or Cygwin? How?
I can't promise anything and I've never tried it myself, but I've heard from other people that the build process for mpv itself works on native Python, and I'm fairly sure it doesn't depend on anything else that is specific to MSYS2. If you install Python, put some mingw GCC build in your %PATH% and drop all mpv's dependencies in its /lib directory, mpv _should_ build.
>>
>>52100020
Also yeah, I agree. I don't think OP should have Windows-specific crap either. Links to the builds are probably fine, but it's not okay to recommend opengl suboptions that only exist on Windows and will cause mpv to print errors on anything else.
>>
File: nnedi-test.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
nnedi-test.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
I'm trying out NNEDI3 as specified in the OP, but I get this white "aura" around objects.

Anyone experienced this?
>>
>>52094999
nice meme player shill thread
>>
File: 1450031853422.webm (726 KB, 1280x514) Image search: [Google]
1450031853422.webm
726 KB, 1280x514
Daily reminder that "drag and drop from youtube" doesn't work under Windows 7

>pic related
>>
>>52101040
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/

I recommend using this, it's just a simple right click on the thumbnail to open videos or streams w/ mpv, you can set the command arguments also.
>>
>>52094999
what settings to use on the shitiest pc ever made?

>inb4 default
unplayable file with mpv
>>
>>52094999
>> Download link for mpv.
>- https://bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows/downloads
Stupid question but what's the difference between op link and this one: https://mpv.srsfckn.biz/?
>>
config:
hwdec=vaapi
vo=opengl
aspect=16:9

input.conf:
UP add volume 5
DOWN add volume -5
ENTER cycle fullscreen
a cycle audio
s cycle sub
q quit_watch_later
z add audio-delay -0.100
x add audio-delay 0.100

Hate my configuration all you want, it's awesome for me.
>>
>>52101779
--vo=opengl file
>>
>>52103484
>Stupid question but what's the difference between op link and this one
Not much afiak, the op one gets more regular builds of mpv using stable deps and the official one gets monthly builds or only when linux release is made but all the deps seem to be git versions.
I don't think it matters though.

--------------
Also I figured out why mpv looks so nice playing mp4 compared to mpc-hc, mpv uses some deblocking filter with opengl-hq (using opengl, d3d* it looks shitty and blocky like mpc-hc), nice.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.