[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I pull the trigger, /g/? Will this mess anything up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: should i?.png (11 KB, 403x186) Image search: [Google]
should i?.png
11 KB, 403x186
Should I pull the trigger, /g/?

Will this mess anything up? What's the worst that could happen?

>inb4 gentoo
>inb4 ">xubuntu"
>>
>>52094438
Dear god that looks like shit. Just install fucking Unitu you noob.
>>
>>52094438
>Will this mess anything up?

Probably, just like with every Linux related update.
>>
>>52094465
>xfce theme

I want it to look like Mac OS 9 you actual sperglord.
>>
>>52094438
That's an X? It looks almost exactly like the H.
>>
>>52094438
Nice font rendering senpai
>>
>>52094480
>wanting for it to look like Mac OS 9
Not sure if he's the sperg here :^)
>>
>>52094480
post pic pl0x
my boner needs it
>>
Just wait for 16.04
>>
>>52094438
>Hubuntu
Wtf?
>>
>>52094549
it's xubuntu. can't blame you though, font looks like shit
>>
>>52094632
i turned on the font rendering because if its off larger text looks horrible
>>
I have an xubuntu box and it doesn't look this shitty man you must of worked hard on that.
>>
No, wait until 16.04

The newest version of ubuntu is 15.10, a beta-testing release. 15.04 was an old beta-testing release from last april.

The newest stable release of ubuntu is 14.04, which is what you have.

The next stable release of ubuntu will be 16.04, coming this april.

The currently supported versions of ubuntu are 12.04 (the stable release from 2012), 14.04 (stable release from 2014), 15.10 (beta-testing release from this fall) and in a few months 16.04 (stable release from 2016). 15.04 is none of those. It is not currently supported.

Happy Linuxing
>>
>>52095874
What is 15.04 lts?
>>
>>52094438
Short answer from my POV: no
Long answer: It depends on what you use that machine for, if you need it for work definitely the 14.04 is better and you should wait at least 3 months when the LTS is out, is much harder to introduce a new bug when you're just fixing an already known bug than when your writing a new feature, so using a mature LTS version is the best for most users because it has received a lot of corrections, that's why they're very solid in general. However if you're looking for testing new features or you really need one of those features then the obvious choice is the most recent version even if it's not an LTS version.
>>
That looks updated for 1998
>>
>>52094438
was that updater made by a 7 year old autist?
>>
>>52097028
That's not the default theme, OP customized his DE to look like Mac OS 9 for some fucking reason.
>>
Has an Ubuntu dist-upgrade ever not broken everything? I remember the 6.06 -> 6.10 transition. It was horrible.
>>
>>52094758
It still looks horrible.
>>
>xubuntu

install gentoo
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.