[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/. I spilled mountain dew on my new k70. It was mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sup /g/. I spilled mountain dew on my new k70. It was mostly on the number pad but a little on other parts too. Anyways, right after I spilt it I unplugged it then wiped it off. When I plugged it back in the period key on the num pad was spazzing out. And when I press 3 on the num pad it also presses the period key as well. Already stripped off all keys. What do?

Pic related
>>
Sorry mate, but that sounds like you have to get yourself a new one..
>>
>>52092730
Flip it upside down and let it dry for a day or two. Maybe try adding some rice.
>>
peanut butter helps dry stuff out.
>>
soak it in the bathtub for a few hours
>>
>>52092730

soak it up with Doritos^tm
>>
Should have got the STRAFE.
>>
Removing the caps ain't gonna do shit. Neither will rice nor soaking it in alcohol or anything else.
You need to desolder and dismantle all the affected switches and properly clean out the mechanisms, or just completely replace the whole switches.
>>
>>52092730
You are a fat piece of shit with meme keyboard. How far in instilling Gentoo are you beta man ?
>>
just screw it open on the back or wherever the screws are. then you take it apart as much as you can (at least close to the switches) and properly clean it with toilet paper. some fluid wont break electronics, it wont even short anything, the current/voltage is much too low.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>52092997
>calling me fat
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
OP here, got the keyboard in rice and will wait till tomorrow to try it again
>>
>>52093462
Did the same to my k65 or some shit. Keys were pressing themselves and ones bear by. Just let it fully dry out and use a different board while you wait. Took a day or so
>>
Return it and get a real keyboard.
>>
>>52093462
OP, it has to be completely submerged in rice. How you have it won't do much
>>
>>52093215
Sory mr. Skeletal
>>
>>52092730
I'm using a dismantled k70 right now. Take off the backplate and frontplate and rinse it under the tap. Then get a dry towel and pat it all down til dry
>>
>>52092730
You fucked up by trying to turn it on before letting it dry for a few days.
>>
>>52092840
This, OP. See if you can remove any panels to wipe the interior too.
>>
Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>52092730
>I unplugged it then wiped it off
>When I plugged it

Did you wait a day before plugging it back in?
Did you open it to make sure none of it got/gets on the circuitry, you know, the ACTUAL part that shouldn't get wet?
Or did you just wipe down the surface and plug it right back in like a proper fucking retard?

DOn't bother saying you opened it though, I can tell you didn't by the logo in your photo.

Maybe you should stop drinking mountain dew you fucking inbred hambeast.
>>
Take it apart and clean it with 99 alc
>>
>>52093215
But you are still a nigger.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.