[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is modern technology making us stupid, /g/? if so, what can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1451256713565.jpg (81 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1451256713565.jpg
81 KB, 600x800
is modern technology making us stupid, /g/?
if so, what can be done about it?

http://fortune.com/2015/03/10/american-millennials-are-among-the-worlds-least-skilled/
>>
Shut down Facebook, Twitter, and probably also Google.

Problem solved.
>>
No we are just outsourcing our brain to computers
>>
decadence
>>
>>52092858
so what happens when the internet goes down?
>>
Nothing. We are doomed to be wiped out by the technology we create.
>>
File: 1450853318785.jpg (264 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1450853318785.jpg
264 KB, 960x1280
>>52092643
what the actual fuck is up with this picture?

also
>dem board games in the back
>>
>>52092844
what about Tumblr?
>>
>>52092643
>is modern technology making us stupid, /g/?

Nope, it may be making you stupid, but modern technology allows others to learn better than older generations. For instance, I can easily go on google scholar and search for dozens of papers if I wanted, whereas in the old days you would have to physically go to a library and check out articles.

This is probably just another clickbait article general enough that people can read it and say, "that makes sense" and think that the article is something of value.
>>
File: Apple-Logo-black.png (36 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Apple-Logo-black.png
36 KB, 2272x1704
Blame this company right here
>>
Making us dumb? No. Making us lazy? Abso-fucking-lutely.

I'm guilty of this myself hence my shit posting on here. We have more potential than any previous generation but we never use the internet or our modern technology for good.

>coursera
>tutorials
>PDFs
>paid courses
>online lectures

You can basically receive a better-than-average education if you would just commit yourself to 1-2 hours a day of learning and reading. I've had to re-wire my shitty habits to fit this, but nevertheless.
>>
>>52092643
I'd be more productive if the world you left us didn't fucking suck. Millennials have to grow in your field of never ending shit and you say it's our fault.
>>
No, and this meme is much older than you probably think.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/literally-psyched/on-writing-memory-and-forgetting-socrates-and-hemingway-take-on-zeigarnik

http://outofthejungle.blogspot.com/2007/11/socrates-objections-to-writing.html?m=1
>>
>>52092908
use gentoo. not joking. okay maybe a little.
>>
>>52092643
>is modern technology making us stupid
Yes, of course.

Not the idiotic and basically mentally ill movements of Feminism, LGBT, etc.
>>
>>52092643
American millennials are among the least skilled because their entire generation gave up. Almost none of them have good career or economic prospects regardless of how intelligent or unintelligent they are.

There's simply no reason to be trained in something when it won't pay off. Ignorance really is bliss, so most people chose to be stupid and happy rather than capable, intelligent, and miserable.
>>
>>52095971
This pretty much. And even if you can get your foot in the door you're more than likely working the first ~3 years on some ridiculous hours for mediocre wages, paying ludicrous rent if you live in a major city and having barely any vacation time. By the time you can actually determine anything about what/when/how you work, you're so burnt out you don't care anymore.
>>
Idiocracy was a comedy movie back in 2005 or so, but now it looks like a real thing that may happen in the future.

Hell, even 4chan has deteriorated in quality. It's not like it was ever NOT shit, but damn, the past two years have been really shit.

The mentally ill LGBT movements are just the final nails in the coffin.
>>
Why bother being smart when it doesn't pay better than being a victim?
>>
>>52092643
This is what happens when companies remove the need to have basic knowledge to use something in order to market it to a larger audience.
>>
yes
developing apps and systems are now getting dumber and less complicated
>>
>is the wheel making humans stupid ?
It certainly is. We should shut down fortune.com and every other clickbait retarded website.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.