[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>plan to build my first PC >order the case first >add
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: excitement.jpg (117 KB, 1300x1054) Image search: [Google]
excitement.jpg
117 KB, 1300x1054
>plan to build my first PC
>order the case first
>add the components to the build bit by bit over time, as deals appear
>plan to finish the build by the end of the year 2016
Is this a good idea or is it best to purchase all the components with each other or within a very small timeframe?
>>
such a dumb cunt, just fuck off poorfag
>>
If you do this it gives you time to think about your purchases and reduces the chance of impulse buys. It's what I do, to get the best pc I can afford over time
>>
>>52091858
that's pretty dumb t͏bh
you won't have a finished computer for a year, and your existing purchases are becoming obsolete
>>
You should probably buy all the parts and build it first. But when you're looking to upgrade, that's when you start looking for deals.
>>
>>52092172
>your existing purchases are becoming obsolete
This. Just buy the best your budget can get you when you from the start.

If you're only going to have a working computer at the end of the year, it would be pretty retarded to buy a graphics card now when the shit coming out next year could be 2x as fast, wouldn't it?
>>
>>52091858
This is what I did too. I was originally going to have a 4460 970 setup. But because I bought the parts bit by bit, I ended up with a 4690k and an R9 Fury
>>
File: AutismIsNotAJoke.jpg (123 KB, 1076x1077) Image search: [Google]
AutismIsNotAJoke.jpg
123 KB, 1076x1077
>>52092376
>Fury
>>
>>52091858
Just save till you get a minimum budget to build one. Who knows, maybe when you will have got all the money a new component with good quality/price will be out and it would be better than anything you can buy right now for the same price.
Just save, you've been waiting for a long time you can wait a bit more
>>
>>52092345
He's right desu. Prices will usually only go down, buying early is always a bad option if you can't use it anyway.
>>
>finally get the CPU and complete the build
>try to power up
>nothing happens
>RMA period on most parts has already expired
>>
Some people buy everything except the GPU and use the onboard graphics adapter or an old card.
Later on they buy the GPU and just plug it in to finish the build.
Some people buy 2x4GB first and later on add another 2x4GB.
Others spare the CPU cooler and use the boxed cooler while not overclocking.
Just make sure you got a working base build that works and you can extend later.
>>
If you buy the parts over time and you don't have extra spare parts laying around to test function you're going to cuck yourself out of rma timeframes if you get doa or defective items.

You wouldn't even know until your first boot or torture tests
>>
always buy everything in one go. prices on components decrease with time, allowing you to possibly purchase better parts when you do decide to buy..or at the very least save a few bucks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.