[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blocking just Jshit ads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: fuck you jshit.jpg (20 KB, 728x90) Image search: [Google]
fuck you jshit.jpg
20 KB, 728x90
How do I allow all ads on 4chan except Jshit?
>>
>>52091855
Move your collection of Dragon dildos in front of them
>>
>>52091855
you fuck off
>>
by going back to reddit
>>
Seriously, how would this be technically possible?

The only thing I can imagine is OCR, or putting together a database of known image checksums (neither of which would be worthwhile). I can't find anything useful in the URLs.

I now some of you can't get your Pocky and Japanese Kit Kat and fuck cups from anywhere else because you live in Shitsville Kansas and you don't know Amazon.com exists, but I could really do without this low-tier weeb shit showing up whenever I scroll to the bottom of a thread or open a new one. I would, however, like to be able to see other ads whenever they (rarely) appear.
>>
>>52092024
>supporting ads anywhere
>being this new'
get back to /reddit/
>>
>>52092140
>talks about "low tier" weebshit
>be a shit-tier retard yourself

Back2>>>/Facebook/Faggot
>>
The moral of the story is that nobody knows how to block only Jlist ads. You must block all ads on 4chan.
>>
>>52091855
Why would you block ads at all on 4chan? They blend well and aren't obnoxious. There is only one at the top and one at the bottom, and they're all weeb enough that they don't look out of place. Furthermore they're kinda neat.

Also "Huge Selection of Dolphin Polishers in Stock, Oniichan!"
>>
>>52094349
>aren't obnoxious
>kinda neat
maybe that's what you think but nah m8, just nah

>don't look out of place
Potentially tolerable on the weeb boards, but on the normie boards I can do without them.

I just wanted to be able to see ads from other supporters as they appear while blocking shit ads from a company I'm never buying anything from anyway. I'm not against ads supporting 4chan but there's a limit for me, and that limit is stupid Jlist ads.
>>
File: 1451096203909.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451096203909.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>52094349
I did so a month ago when there was some spooky, hacky shit going on with the ads. Is it safe now?
>>
>>52094530
But isn't J-list something like half of the wesbite's ad revenue?
>>
File: look at this shit wtf.jpg (22 KB, 728x90) Image search: [Google]
look at this shit wtf.jpg
22 KB, 728x90
>>52094559
That's 4chan's problem, not mine. May as well save everyone's bandwidth whenever I load up muh tabs upon tabs of shitposts if my interest in their one advertiser is zero.

And like I said, I'm open to seeing other ads, just out of curiosity at this point.
>>
>>52094559
>>52094613
Just wanted to add, I wouldn't have any problem at all with loading twice as many ads as 4chan currently has, if only they were not for some webstore whose ads simply annoy me, or were as annoying as theirs are.

I also wouldn't be posting this thread if I merely wanted to block all ads without caring about 4chan's income at all. That would be trivial as fuck and I wouldn't even have to install anything I don't already have running.
>>
File: 1450673021695.gif (137 KB, 659x576) Image search: [Google]
1450673021695.gif
137 KB, 659x576
>>52094613
Sorry if I wrongly assumed you were the OP wanting to selectively block J-list ads. But otherwise, I think you can poke around the filters uBO has downloaded for you. Whatever partners we do have that aren't J-list probably don't have their ads served from the same servers. But you might then have to contend with the large, sweeping filters like "*.ads" and shit, which sounds hella awful desu.
>>
>>52094544
There was never anything weird with the 4chan ads. Ever.

They use their own ad engine rather than the sketchy ones.
>>
>>52094744
Wish I could actually see a non-Jlist ad to compare img URLs. All this Jshit stuff is coming from static.4chan-ads.org; wouldn't the others as well?
>>
>>52091855
>2015
>still using ublock instead of Adblocker Plus!
>>
could you install a second ad block with no definded blocks then disenable it to only block jlist and disable your main blocker on 4chan
>>
>>52095234
I think I'm following what you're describing, but I think what you're saying would block all ads while I'm on 4chan. I don't actually want to do that, I just want to block Jlist and view other ads on 4chan if and when they are supposed to load. I don't block ads on other sites either, unless they are also annoying and there's a way to filter just those ads.
>>
>>52091855
>thanking you for not blocking them
>want to block them

FUCK U
>>
>>52095451
It's like they know how much they annoy me.
>>
Does 4chads have any other ads? It always seems to be j-list.
>>
>>52095642
I've seen ones for webcomics and small game sales in the past, but they were very rare.

Ironically I think 4chan has to advertise their ad program better or else they'll just remain "4chan brought to you by Jshit" forever.
>>
>>52091855
Do any of the urls or does the element contain a unique pattern? That's basically the only way.
>>
Whats wrong with Jlist?

I see them all the time on Nyaa since the ads are hosted on Nyaa domain so adblockers dont block them.. I don't mind them.
>>
>>52096172
You'll laugh, but they are really tacky and tasteless to the point of being eyesores.

Believe me, I've been on 4chan for the better part of 11 years so I know exactly where I am, but I would rather just block them than have tenga and gravure ads on blue board pages.

>>52096137
I haven't noticed one, unfortunately.
>>
>>52094904
There was, though. Chinese Moot changed the ad servers, and people went to /qa/ to complain about sketchy shit. I don't know what happened after that, but it was legitimately a thing.
>>
:^(
>>
>>52091855
I think you meant to ask:
"How do i block all ads except Jlist ads?"
>>
JList is a maximum jew store. Their prices are high and only ironic anime fans from tumblr buy there
>>
>>52091855
Would using Element Hiding Helper or the like and blocking according to href work? (I can't be arsed to unblock all ads and try it myself.)
>>
>>52099780
I can't find anything unique about the hrefs for the jlist ads. They just go through engine.4chan-ads.org.
>>
File: 2015-12-28 14.40.16.png (237 KB, 994x181) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-28 14.40.16.png
237 KB, 994x181
>>52096172
>Whats wrong with Jlist?

Stuff like pic related shouldn't exist on worksafe boards. Also I don't want to see some chink pedo cartoon ass every time I open a thread.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
How do you get past the force field robot in the Naedoko game?
>>
>>52100537
This.
>>
>>52100537
>Stuff like pic related shouldn't exist on worksafe boards.
I think you're confused about the point of "worksafe boards". They're not actually intended to be safe for browsing at work or wherever.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.