[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since literally everyone is using an adblocker, what will be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1449044972972.png (29 KB, 504x555) Image search: [Google]
1449044972972.png
29 KB, 504x555
Since literally everyone is using an adblocker, what will be the web's next step to get the schekles?
>>
>>52089623
data limit
>>
Paywalls/app market stuff.

Normalfags will just pay 3 cents a month on itunes for buzzfeed ultra or whatever.
>>
Turn off adblocker to view content?
>>
Replace the adblocking white race with arabs who don't know any better.
>>
>>52089623
jews will gtfo the internet as it will be free again :DD
>>
>>52089671
This
>>
Ads disguised as content hidden behind paywalls
>>
>>52089623
Everyone sells all the data they have on you to everybody else
>>
>>52089671
>what is reekers userscript
>>
>>52089767
So... Nothing changes?
>>
File: flintstones-smoking.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
flintstones-smoking.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>52089623
The content becomes the advertising.
>>
Easy. It took me 2 minutes to come up with an idea to stop adblock.

Adblock wouldn't even be able to hash images to compare to known ad images.
>>
>>52089623
Watch the newest season of South Park
>>
>>52089623
Subscription. News sites, YouTube, maybe even forums.
>>
Southpark already predicted it (well, really, observed it)

Your content literally becomes ads
>>
>>52089623
Native advertising.
>>
The ads get written into the articles themselves instead so ad blockers won't work.
>>
Scripts go server-side and display the banner broken into chunks.

Try to beat that. I dare you.
>>
>>52091659
>>52091726
This already happens, it's just subtle most of the time.
>>
>>52089623
i don't know, but i'm sure it will be even worse. it always is.
>>
>>52091659
>>52092085
Already a thing. Someone at work showed me a "news article" and I told him it was an ad. In tiny print at the bottom of the page, it said something like "this is an advertorial, an advertisement written like an editorial"
>>
>>52089671
This already exists and workarounds have existed for as long as it has.
>>
>>52092047
Stop using the website.
>>
>>52091627
I hope this happens. But advertorials are so much more likely.
>>
>>52092130
I've seen those. Did it have the fake facebook comments on it too? Also 99% of gaming sites and youtube channels shill like that to. Razer accessories win "best gaming hardware" for the 5th year in a row?

Online advertisement is my hobby and how I make money. We always find a way to get the advertisers money.
>>
>>52092241
Install Gentoo today. It was regarded Linux of the Year in 2010, 2012 and 2013.
>>
You can only visit sites on your mobile phone through an app. 99.9% of people won't know how to adblock on phones.
>>
>>52092281
Cool meme.
>Windows users in 2012
costanza.jpg
baka desu, senpai
>>
>>52091659
This desu. How do you think youtubers make that much cash? Surely you didn't just assume that Google likes to share that much of their profits?
>>
>>52089623
nice try nsa
>>
>>52092047
At least we won't be tracked anon
>>
>>52089623
Mostly it won't. People will just stop making good content because it's turning something productive (creating content) into work (having to shill your pay site 24/7) on top of work.

When I hit a newspaper article pay wall I just close the tab. What I'd take for free (paid for by ads) is something I'll avoid if it involves the effort of filling out a form.
>>
>>52091421
>Adblock wouldn't even be able to hash images to compare to known ad images.
>click AdBlock extension
>click "block an ad on this page"
>click the ad
>it is now blocked
>repeat
>add it to the master lists
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.