[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just updated the software on my computer to the newest version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed.png (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
41 KB, 300x300
So I just updated the software on my computer to the newest version and, like I always do with new software, I start over again from scratch. I figured I could just download uTorrent again, but with their BitCoin scandal earlier this year I'd rather not.

What Torrent client should I use? I value:
* Lightweight
* A slick design
* Works well with IPTorrents

(for IPTorrent invites, just ask! I have 3 left)

Thanks guys.
>>
utorrent is fine if you're careful in how you install it

qtorrent it good too

just check what your tracker supports and get that
please send me invite

[email protected]
>>
try rtorrent, qbittorrent, deluge and transmission. i personally use rtorrent on my seedbox, transmission on linux and qbittorrent on windows.

[email protected]

i'd love an invite
>>
Deluge for wangblows, transmission for Mac/Linux.
>>
http://www.qbittorrent.org

>the only decent one
>>
>>52088952
qbittorrent is the compromise between everything you asked.

[email protected]
>>
>>52089043
Its good but there are much better alternatives.
>>
>>52089054
Such as... ?
>>
>>52089054
The one client that's definitely better but I assume OP uses Windows so that's not an option.
>>
wow someone still uses utorrent....
>>
File: nice meme surf.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
nice meme surf.gif
3 MB, 420x300
thanks for the invite op
>>
>>52088975
>>52089007
>>52089045
Invited you three. Please do seed - I don't want to get banned (and neither do you).

>>52089079
I used version 1.6.5 which is from far before they did this BitCoin scandal. I don't torrent much, do didn't really care too much to change.
>>
File: 1434744899_duane.gif (718 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1434744899_duane.gif
718 KB, 480x320
OP was a nice guy today.
>>
File: thumbs up smile.jpg (19 KB, 467x460) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up smile.jpg
19 KB, 467x460
>>52089153
>Please do seed
i'll put some of the most popular torrents on my seedbox over the next couple of days. don't worry and thanks again
>>
>>52089153
thanks

I'm a good seeder no need to worry
>>
I've been using utorrent since forever, reinstalled windows and decided I had enough, wanted to install deluge but site was down since forever now I just installed TransmissionQt kinda slow startup when opening torrents (if the program is closed) but other than that it's fine.
>>
>>52088952
>utorrent user
>windows user
>IPtorrents user

Ahahaha, it's like fucking poetry.
>>
>>52089208
The second you read I value a slick design should be the second you knew I don't use Windows.
>>
>>52089185
>>52089178
>>52089160
Enjoy guys!
>>
>>52089178
isn't that worst way to get a ratio since the swarm already has a bunch of seeds?
>>
>>52089287
you're probably right.

though, i usually just sort by most leechers, download those and let the files sit on the seedbox until i get a copyright complaint or my ratio is above 1. worked out fine so far
>>
I have downloaded torrents in utorrent. Its possible to uninstall utorrent, get alternative and still seed from new client?
>>
>>52089361
iptorrents has a freeleech section in the forums

what trackers you using where you get copyright complaints?
>>
>>52089397
There's a tool for qbittorrent that can transfer your utorrent downloads but qbit's forum seems to be offline.
>>
>>52089444
i only get complaints from public trackers. kat.cr and rarbg.

i'll check out the freeleech section, thank you
>>
Deluge is so underrated it's sad
>>
>>52089464
thanks anon i will check tomorrow
>>
>>52089488
It's stable and it just werks (I've found it even more reliable than Transmission), but it's not as lightweight as the others since it's coded in python. I check my task manager and it routinely uses 2-5% CPU while transmission and qbittorrent only use 0.1-0.5%.
>>
>>52088952
deluge mate
>>
>>52088952
you know IPT owner payed to DDoS other private trackers, right?
>>
>>52089488
>>52090143
crashes/snails w/ I tested w/ >5k torrents
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.