[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WINDOWS PHONE BTFO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMN gfEV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Windows Phone 950 XL.jpg (116 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Windows Phone 950 XL.jpg
116 KB, 800x450
WINDOWS PHONE BTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNgfEVk8oo

Is Windows Phone done for? Because god damn, everyone is shitting on the new Windows 10 Mobile. God Damn.
>>
>>52087890
Wait for next year
>>
>>52087970
people waiting to use windows phone os have already been waiting for years. when the 950 and 950 xl were announced, it was awesome. reviews came out and there has been so much flagship for the "reinventing" of the windows phone os

its fucking done for
>>
>>52088004
When microshaft finally rids of the poo in loo there will be the window phone, just wait.
>>
I'll stick to the trusty, stable as fuck Windows 8.1.

Also Nutella is a terrible CEO. Ballmer please come back.
>>
>>52087890
Watched the video. Biggest complain is, as expected, >m-muh apps! There seems to be a big problem with compatibility right now, as older, non-updated apps refuse to function on the new OS.

Another couple of issues, as reviewer admits, might already be solved with the latest update, which he didn't have installed on his review unit. Dun goof'd.

Anywho, I will never use any Microshit spyware garbage, but let's not over-sensationalize here, OP.
>>
I love my windows phone. Don't know what self-invented problem other folks have.
>>
>>52088206
you clearly didn't watch the video
>>
>>52087970
>>52088148
>>52088208
POO IN THE LOO
O
O

I
N

T
H
E

L
O
O
>>
>>52088222
Removable back cover creaking is another issues, but that's 50% of phones on the market right now.

What else did I miss?
>>
>>52088303
the fact that it took them two devices to review (both 950) because they were pieces of shit, and the fact that you can't even record in 4k because it'll crash, and app store hang ups.

it may seem like an overreaction but damn it sucks for those who know nothing about smart phones and are looking to get a windows phone
>>
>>52087890
It was stillborn.
>>
>>52088328
Crashes and hang-ups have been fixed (reportedly) with the latest update, as reviewer honestly mentions.

Suffice it to say, Microshit will keep pushing their OS forever, because they have unlimited resources, and they pretty much have to be present in the mobile market.

Their phones can keep binge BTFO, like OP says, but they won't be going away.
>>
>>52088438
i doubt windows phone os will ever go away

i am impressed with universal apps though. its just not enough to make me switch.
>>
>>52087890
Microsoft has been in a state of panic ever since iOS and Android became popular.
They're releasing garbage after garbage, hoping that something will stick. But it doesn't work that way, people want actual good products.

Fuck MS. As much as I'd like to see more competition, they don't deserve it with shit products and spyware.
>>
>>52088438
The only way for windows phone to succeed if they develop a plastic VR headset that is compatible with all their models. Smartphone VR is great, but the Google cardboard is shit and the gear VR is expensive as fuck (the compatible smartphone at least). And they could start filling their store with VR games and apps so people would actually consider their platform. I would.
>>
>>52088553
they gotta do more than just explore vr
>>
>>52088148

>Ballmer please come back

Goddamn, anon! Piss off!
>>
>>52088148
balmer didn't do jackshit good at all
>>
>>52089332
At least he's better than Poo in the loo. Windows 10 release has been a disaster, with user nags to upgrade, forced drivers updates, forced telemetry and spyware, cutting down OneDrive storage, making better apps for iOS and android than for your own platform, etc.

If he continues expect Windows Mobile disappearing and Apple gaining more market share than ever in the desktop.
>>
>>52091156
Windows phone OS is a meme
>>
File: 1432939998674.jpg (17 KB, 255x287) Image search: [Google]
1432939998674.jpg
17 KB, 255x287
>>52087890
WP fags will defend this
>>
>>52091235
I was talking mainly about desktop Windows 10.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.