[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reasons you don't fucking "upgrade" to Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: fuckmyassedwardscissorhands.png (67 KB, 534x619) Image search: [Google]
fuckmyassedwardscissorhands.png
67 KB, 534x619
Reasons you don't fucking "upgrade" to Windows 10.

>pic very related
>>
It's free because the user is the product microsoft is selling to advertising companies.
>>
>>52086213
True, and now i'm fucked with "Activate Windows ; Go to settings to activate Windows" Until I fucking lose all my shit and torrent a copy or just waste my money activating it.
>>
Are you upgrading from a genuine paid for install?
>>
>>52086328
I had a pre built pc with windows 8 on it, upgraded fine at first. Changed a few parts in my computer, get this error.
>>
>>52086384
Yeah that's frustrating. It used to be they would give you a phone number to ring and you could reactivate it that way.

Just pirate it and use autokms
>>
>>52086435
I can roll back to Windows 7 because I found it on an HDD a while back, but will I'll probably lose all my files right?
>>
>>52086213
I thought it was free first and foremost because you're beta testing their shit for them.
>>
they fucked skype and 10 is botnet
>>
>>52086384
it's called OEM retard.
>>
File: oi.png (32 KB, 520x695) Image search: [Google]
oi.png
32 KB, 520x695
welcome to the club
>>
>>52086780
Sorry, I don't speak Spanish.
>>
>>52086713
I bought ann OEM windows 7 copy and have the option for that upgrade, OEM has nothing to do with it. OEM == legit lisence still
>>
Lol my pirated copy upgraded fine.
>>
>>52086780
>>52086826
I don't speak italian either
>>
>>52087189
You can't change motherboard/cpu or a bunch of other parts with OEM since it's meant for single machine (OEM, consumer sale, single machine).

You buy Home, Premium or Enterprise to be able to swap around all parts and retain the license. A lot of poor/stupid people cheap out with an OEM license like you did, without doing basic research and end up with it not working after you changed parts, like you did.
>>
File: activated.jpg (176 KB, 882x693) Image search: [Google]
activated.jpg
176 KB, 882x693
>His windows 10 isn't activated

lmao
>>
File: Window Capture.png (48 KB, 1127x808) Image search: [Google]
Window Capture.png
48 KB, 1127x808
Works fine for me.
>>
File: cpu-z bench.png (46 KB, 807x403) Image search: [Google]
cpu-z bench.png
46 KB, 807x403
>>52087503

>4.0ghz
>>
>>52086158
I did, but it caused to many problems so i reinstalled 7. The bonus is that the upgrade to windows thing no longer appears.
>>
>>52086158
>OP leaves out lots of details
>must be MS's fault

I upgraded just fine..

worksonmymachine.jpeg
>>
>>52087286
Mine too!
>>
Windows 10 sucks dick. Really regret upgrading. The only useful thing on the Windows platform now is excel. Whenever I have enough money I'm buying an MBP
>>
File: faggot identfied.jpg (130 KB, 960x629) Image search: [Google]
faggot identfied.jpg
130 KB, 960x629
>>52086158
>using windows
>>
>>52086158
You need to upgrade to 1511. That's common knowledge.

But your first instinct is to shitpost on /g/.
Moron.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.