[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've gotten an old (2000ish) CRT TV from our neighbors recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: DTQ19Z4SC[1].jpg (25 KB, 463x449) Image search: [Google]
DTQ19Z4SC[1].jpg
25 KB, 463x449
I've gotten an old (2000ish) CRT TV from our neighbors recently. Using it for my old consoles is fun, but I would also like to connect it to my PC.

Since my GPU only has HDMI, DVI and DisplayPort (digital signals) and the TV only has SCART and Composite connectors, will I need to buy a signal converter, or would a simple HDMI to Composite cable/adapter work?
>>
>>52085714
Do you want sound?
>>
Another retard who can't read the fucking sticky.
>>>/sqt/
>>
>>52085749

Sound would be nice, otherwise I'd have to place speakers next to the TV.
>>
>>52085771
Then yeah do that it should work fine okay I just answered your question mods lock this thread.
>>
Op you should be able to find an old video card on eBay for $5 with svideo/composite out.
>>
>>52085950

It'd most probably be AGB though, rather than PCI.
I'll try jury rigging a DVI to VGA adapter with an S-Video adapter and sound adapters. Otherwise I'll shell out for a signal converter.

Thanks for the idea though.
>>
File: 4L_EJEgYu6q.jpg (21 KB, 439x207) Image search: [Google]
4L_EJEgYu6q.jpg
21 KB, 439x207
There's no way your video card doesn't have an analog output. Does the DVI port look like this?
>>
With DVI, if it's DVI-A it outputs VGA, so you can wire that up to SCART. You need to power a scart pin though.
>>
>>52086040

Yea, it's Dual Link. But DVI doesn't transmit Audio and I wanted to avoid needing to run separate cables and several adapters just to hook it up.
>>
File: th.jpg (14 KB, 276x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
14 KB, 276x300
>>52085992
I have an PCIE Radeon 4650 with S-video + Composite adapter output in my closet. It worked great for displaying movies on CRT TV while playing WoW
>>
>>52086067
Oh you'll be hooking up shit. SCART has audio in it so you could get your output audio to go through scart too.
So like you wire up your computer's output audio, VGA output (through DVI-A), and a power output (SCART needs it, get it out of a USB port) into a scart cable, then plug that into the TV.
>>
>>52086122
>>52086056

This is actually the first time I've heard of needing to power Scart. How come an old Scart to Composite adapter wouldn't work?
>>
I would get a DVI to composite adapter (or maybe DVI>VGA>composite?) and a 3.5 mm to RCA cord. That's definitely the cheapest solution
>>
>>52086173
>How come an old Scart to Composite adapter wouldn't work?
DVI-A outputs VGA, VGA outputs RGB, SCART has RGB pins and composite pins, but the scart to composite adapter just takes the scart composite pins. Since if you're just wiring the RGB pins the reason the adaptor doesn't work should be obvious.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.