[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is purely hypothetical. Could a single person DDOS 4chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: ddos_attack[1].jpg (498 KB, 2212x1585) Image search: [Google]
ddos_attack[1].jpg
498 KB, 2212x1585
This is purely hypothetical.

Could a single person DDOS 4chan and block it completely ?

If not then how many people are required ?
>>
>>52085151
>Could a single person DDOS
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>52085151
i don't even know why i still come here...
>>
>>52085212
G is always filled with assholes like you. Nerd cuck, you should be mad all the time for being suck a loser
>>
>>52085226
>I'm mad because I am too lazy to get information about stuff I'm interested in by myself >:^(
>>
>>52085212
/thread
>>
>>52085226
>distributed denial of service
>can a single person
You are literally fucking retarded and you should just go kill yourself.
>>
ddos requires flooding a server with thousands of unique requests. youre asking could a single PERSON perform this attack? yes, they could. you dont need a team of people to ddos.
>>
How socially fucking inadequate must you fuckers be to attack a person for asking a question?
>>
>>52085310
I know a single person could do it but would it be effective ?

If not how to make it effective ?

These idiots are so quick to shit post at anything they can find.
Obviously DDOS doesnt happen from one computer, but it can be initialised from one.

There is literally no reason to believe anything else was implied.

cuck bitches.
>>
dont even need a person, AI is enough
>>
>>52085368
Examples?
>>
>>52085341

Okay OP, here is what you do.

Open up command prompt and type ping www.4chan.org -t

now open up about 10,000 more command prompt windows and do the same thing. You will cripple 4chan in no time.
>>
>>52085341
haha lol look he's mad rekkkk
go back to fucking reddit you hug box fucking pansy faggot neck yourself you pussy bitch
>>
>>52085310
>yes, they could
no, you need several computers to cause a DDoS. I guess you could do it alone if you were commanding a sizable botnet to attack th target site all at once then the 'a single' person doing it as an author is completely possible
>>52085341
see above. Unless you are exploiting a vulnerability or using the exception above, a single person will not be able to bring a site down.
>>
>>52085399
^ Fucking neckbeards
>>
effectiveness purely depends on how much protection the server has and how big your botnet is.

it has nothing to do with the individual. if it were as easy as buying a bunch of proxies, then every 12 year old edgy kid would be taking down 4chan
>>
>>52085212
>implying Distributed refers to the number of people and not the number of clients requesting data from a host.

Don't listen to this fucking idiot, OP.

Yes. A single person certainly can. If one person infected several machines with a rootkit, they could easily create a botnet(you know, the thing that /g/ retardedly, and indirectly, calls EVERYTHING) and then create a script that runs on each infected machine where you send a target out to all the zombies in the botnet and each zombie begins requesting data from the target rapidly.
>>
>>52085566
>indirectly
Fucking auto correct. That's supposed to read 'incorrectly'. Oh the fucking irony.
>>
"What is Distributed Denial of Service Attack?

In DDOS attack, The attacker launches the attack using several machines. In this case, an attacker breaks into several machines, or coordinates with several zombies to launch an attack against a target or network at the same time.
This makes it difficult to detect because attacks originate from several IP addresses.If a single IP address is attacking a company, it can block that address at its firewall. If it is 30000 this is extremely difficult."

So, yes.
>>
>>52085341
If you would really know, what you are talking about, you could answer the question by yourself.
>>
File: 1307060121749.jpg (23 KB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
1307060121749.jpg
23 KB, 177x177
>mfw constantly hitting F5 and ddosing 4chan

gg moot. I give your site another 5 minutes at most
>>
>>52085151
When I see images like this, I always think about how interesting a keyboard like that would be. I have no f, no g. Perhaps no enter key or a missing shift or caps-lock.

But with a single button, I can ddos a site, or I can back up my files, or I can restore, something. You know.

I want a keyboard like that.
>>
>>52085439
>^
Back to reddit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.