[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ChromiumOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
This is ChromiumOS on my laptop live booting from flashdrive. It's silky smooth and all but what now?
I wanted to give it a try to know what the fucking fuss is all about. Tell me,
Why is this good besides for browsing fac.ebook? Why is this selling like hot cake?
There is no native media player, no native office support and you are expected to do everything on Chrome browser like a tech retard. Whats the appeal of this operating system?
I see no use for this and I really feel handicapped.

what the actual fuck?
>>
There is no appeal. I can only imagine it to be useful for grandparents and other tech-illiterates.
>>
It is handicapped but "handicapped" is apparently another word for "easy to use" in some people's mouths. I would replace it with Linux immediately.
>>
>>52083178

A rock is also easy to use, it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>52083092
Isn't chrome built from gentoo?

Can't you just change to a new linux distro?
>>
>>52083216
I guess you could but I haven't seen anyone fork it till this day.
>>52083178
I guess you are right anon, this is the dumbing down of today's youths happening right here.
>>
>>52083178
Excuse me blah blah actually gnu/Linux blah blah I'm a faggot blah blah
>>
>>52083092
> what the fucking fuss is all about

there is no fuss. nobody cares about chromiumos.
>>
>>52083268
I mean Chrome OS. People cannot simply install Chrome OS (TM) on their laptops or flashdrives. :^)
>>
>>52083092

What build did you use and from where, there seems to be a few people who host them. Is it up to date?
>>
>>52083626
its up to date hosted here http://chromium.arnoldthebat.co.uk/ You can now update it over the air without reinstalling the whole thing.
>>
>>52083092
It's quite capable of doing everything an average home user wants to do on a laptop ootb.

5 minutes makes it a 99% capable (no VPN) Linux machine with amazing battery life.

Most can be turned into a high quality Linux laptop with at most a single download, and plenty are ready ootb like my pixel.
>>
>>52083092
Just install Solus or something if you want the aesthetic of chrome-os with the functionality of a linux distro.
>>
>>52083858
Not him but solus seems pretty fucking incomplete. You can't even easily install chromium there.

However I must say if I could I would fund that to hell and back. It's looking better than anything out there with budgie.

Also OP if you have a laptop and you don't use linux, why? I mean just why?
>>
>>52083903

and as I post this shit, I see that Solus 1.0 was released today.

What nonsense
>>
>>52083903
Solus now has a package manager called 'eopkg', which may make installing stuff much easier.
I haven't tried it myself though, and it only came out today.
>>
>>52083903
>I wanted to give it a try to know what the fucking fuss is all about. Tell me,
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.