[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a DAW? Digital Audio Workstation >What DAW is yours?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: FL studio.jpg (45 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
FL studio.jpg
45 KB, 250x250
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>Do you even orchestra?

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

OP's Question:
I need something other than Edirol Orchestra. I have to go in and set the names of the instruments I want to use in whatever flp for now on. I've tried to reinstalling it and it still doesn't do shit. It resets my orchestra everytime back to flutes for some reason. Use to not do this. Any one have a solution?
>>
these threads are annoying you goddamn FL Studio fuckers. Get back to reddit.
>>
>>52081913
K
>>
We should have more production/gear threads, it's technology too.

Anyways, here.

>What DAW is yours?
Renoise
8 months I think
I don't know, since I was a child? I'm 20 now. Been into similar things I am into now for.. 6-7 years now.
I love ambient techno. Analordish stuff.
Don't know yet, haven't done it for long enough.
Not really. Want to play more with my acoustic guitar though. And get analogue gear to stay away from a screen.
u-he Bazille or the SH101 vst.
Of course. I just do it for myself, it's fun to learn what my favorite artists have done and try to find my own niche.
>>
>>52082299
https://soundcloud.com/chronical/boron-a1

This is my best thing yet in my opinion.
>>
>>52081913
lol anon I can almost see your hateful face in front of me, googling every artist you start to like first to check what sort of DAW he uses. Sweating profusely like the ingrown manchild you are <3
>>
anons what's wrong with you. you have loads of mechanical keyboard but none of you make music on them? blasphemy!
>>
>>52082483
shits exp anon, normnal keyboards are like 5 bucks those are in the hundreds
>>
>>52082556
lol yeah I don't have one. I just meant that in Renoise you can actually use the keyboard for MIDI-in which is great, a mechanical keyboard could very well be used as a pretty-looking instrument of all kinds if you wanted to.
>>
>>52082556
>paying hundreds for a good mechanical keyboard
only if you are a retard or like to throw money away
>>
>>52082582
you can do that in FL, that's how I remember where to start. I would like a usb keyboard to do more with but i r bork

>>52082592
i know people who do.
>>
>>52082620
I know guys who play thousands for watches. doesn't mean it's the best thing to do if you want a watch
>>
>What DAW is yours?
Studio One (Others I use not worth listing)
3 years
Ever
Glitch, Vocal, Ambient, Orchestral.
Orchestral. (Classically trained, don't do it often enough.)
Every day.
Real life: Heavily self-modified Yamaha CS10
In Box: Truth Lion - Truth (Fucked up I know, but it is so good.)
Did exactly that for years now.
>>
>>52082652
Post your stuff anon, would love to hear it.
>>52082620
Oh you can? Nice, didn't know that. I just don't like the horizontal way FL and most other DAWs work, trackers for lyfe yo.
>>52082592
It's a matter of choice really. With that argument you should never cut your hair either but you still do.
>>
I don't make orchestral tracks anymore.
So if you were keen on listening to my material I would listen to this.
https://soundcloud.com/brokenballrooms/starryskies
>>
>>52082710
what do you use for orchestra cause I'm trying to get edirol to work and it keeps resetting on me. know anything on it?
>>
Never used edirol's vsts, sorry about that one friendo.
>>
>>52082736
edirol is literally outdated shit. it keeps reseting because you usually have to assign it to special hardware from edirol.

you have look for individual plugins
>>
>>52082748
im guessing you're on phone?
what do you think i should use?

>>52082750
why wont they make it work?
>>
File: bass.png (96 KB, 493x580) Image search: [Google]
bass.png
96 KB, 493x580
>mfw my bassline got 6 layers
>>
... Uhm, no. Never will I ever use a god damn phone for music production. I take my craft (if you can call it that seriously.) And so I use serious equipment when I am crafting music.
>>
>>52082798
>yfw you can't even organise your bassline
>>
>>52082804
you're retarded. It's not my fault you can't into layering, eqing/filtering and compression
>>
>>52082710
>https://soundcloud.com/brokenballrooms/starryskies
Nice, reminds me a slight bit of Nannou 2.
>>
>>52082811
Anon a properly filtered bassline can easily be done in one or two layers.
>>
I think you should use EWQL, or Albion, or Garriton Personal Orchestra, (What I use when I am bored.)
>>
>>52082803
LOL No dude, i thought you might be on your phone on 4chan.
What orchestra kit do you use?

Fuck it here
soundcloud.com/tarrabyte
>>
Appreciated. Always humbling to be compared (In any level) to a musician of AT's level of prowess.
>>
>>52082845
np man, it's "just" the one instrument but the melody is nice. Would dig it if you mixed that orchestral feeling with upbeat drum programming!
>>
>>52082824
well depends on what kind of bassline you want huh? especially if you're involving a bit of reverb and delay because you don't want low and mid fq signals fuck up your stereo mix.
>>
>>52082828
I tried to get Garriton's to work but i couldn't get it as a VST, it it only a DAW?

I'll look the other's up too.
>>
>>52082864
I mostly multitrack my basslines if they involve reverb/delay. Or turn certain raw/wet signals on and off for certain times, works wonders if you automate it correctly. Multiple instances of the bassline just clutter my workflow but it might work for you :)
>>
hi guys please rate my new track:
http://picosong.com/QUPS/
>>
Keep working.
Design is good, segmentation is fun. Just... Keep going.
>>
If the VSTs are .dll files, can't someone edit the file? or is there more too it?
>>
>tfw my DPC latency is too high for just about any audio works

it sucks desu
I go from 5-80us to 600-800 randomly every 30 minutes or so
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.