[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of bleep as a way to interact with norma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (328 KB, 1136x674) Image search: [Google]
file.png
328 KB, 1136x674
What does /g/ think of bleep as a way to interact with normalfags instead of skype?
http://www.bleep.pm/
>no-cloud
>encrypted
It looks like a non-shitty TOX
Can I trust it?
>>
>>52081302
>as a way to interact with normalfags

Given the fact that no normalfag have ever heard about it, let alone use it, it's a terrible choice, even if it were superior.
>>
>>52081302
How about you just use skype you fucking autist
>>
>>52081302
>Can I trust it?
Just look at the source code and.. oh wait.
>>
>>52081555
Hm?
>>
This "let's use shitty software" meme is going too far
>>
>>52081755
What do you mean
Open source doesn't make software good by default
>>
>>52082839
>>Open source doesn't make software good by default
well this involves crypto
being free software is a necessary but not sufficient condition for crypto software to be good
>>
File: 1451193834611.jpg (130 KB, 584x529) Image search: [Google]
1451193834611.jpg
130 KB, 584x529
>>
The thing about alternatives is that I can never get my friends and family to use them. Apparently installing a program or an app that isn't what they're used to is too much to ask for from people.
>>
File: Sources_3b06d9_3335105.jpg (53 KB, 621x600) Image search: [Google]
Sources_3b06d9_3335105.jpg
53 KB, 621x600
>>52081302

It's not Tox. You're retarded.

>>>/v/
>>
>>52081377
A program that has been known to record audio and video of conversations without people's knowledge? You have to be an absolute retard to keep using it.
>>
>>52083799
If you ever find a way let me know. Jitsi could increase it's ease of access immeasurably by just providing a signup for their own XNPP service when you first start the program as opposed to just letting you sign into a bunch of different protocols only a power user would be familiar with. As of now, there is no viable open alternative to Skype, and Discord has stated multiple times they have no intentions of open sourcing. God knows why, maybe they'll implement ads later and get bought out by Microsoft when Skype shits the bed.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.