[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poll: What's your primary messaging app? https://strawp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: u.png (406 KB, 742x359) Image search: [Google]
u.png
406 KB, 742x359
Poll: What's your primary messaging app?
https://strawpoll.me/6373590

Updated (and alphabetized) since last time: >>51978215
>>
>>52080761
Are you serious? no Google Messenger?
>>
>>52080761
Unfortunately it's whatsapp. BBM is so much better nobody is using it.

>using wechat
>using telegram

How does it feel to have no friends?
>>
Nice try NSA
>>
Kakaotalk
>>
>>52080761

I just use SMS, they're free here where I live. Also VKontakte.
>>
Yes goyim give me your infos
I'm using LINE
>>
>>52080955
And BBM is better because?
>>
>>52081397
>because muh obscure software from muh soon dead obscure company
>>
whatsapp
>>
>>52080761
>imessage
>zero votes

Everyone in the shill army is getting fired, I guess.

>muh blue bubbles
>>
>>52080761
whatsapp, because i can't convince enough people to use textsecure/signal
>>
>>52080761
>last thread imessage 7 votes
Explain no imessage no friends meme
>>
>>52081454
>>52081566
I still don't get it.Then why do fags say they can't communicate with friends because no imessage.
>>
>>52080955
Only person that I contact using my phone are my parents so its not hard to get them to use telegram.
>>
>>52081581
Shills. Every sane person with half of a working brain disbles that crap.
>>
>>52081615
For what purpose?
>>
>>52081645
For what purpose to keep it on?
>>
Whatsapp and LINE messenger. I'm not autistic enough that I have so little friends I can use an obscure messaging program or force others to do so too.
>>
I'm a bit all over the shop: sms to old people like my parents and work people, Whatsapp and Facebook message to normie friends, signal to my enlightened genetalment friends.
>>
>>52081397
For one, they have no interest in monetizing your data, unlike WhatsApp and FB, for example.

Secondly, it isn't tied to your phone number. You also do not have to give anyone your phone number, in order for them to add you. Adding people is definitely a bit more of the hassle, but you have full control of who is on your BBM contacts list.

I won't talk about "security", because that's bullshit. Once you use proprietary software and connect to the net, you might as well forget about the "security" aspect.
>>
How do I get people to use signal?
>>
>>52084078
You simply don't. People use apps that most other people use, regardless of how much data collection these apps do in the background. The idea is to use the most "popular" app, since you will likely connect with most of your friends there.

The only thing that you can do, and it may possibly harm you greatly, is to say "No" to WhatsApp, for example, and stop using it. You will immediately realize how "lonely" you now are. However, you will be a bigger man for standing up to intrusive data collection practices.

The choice is yours. Anon.
>>
>>52084182

Well I stopped using Facebook years ago and lost no friends so maybe I'll try again.

I never got forced into whatsapp.
>>
File: 4564646456.jpg (55 KB, 469x428) Image search: [Google]
4564646456.jpg
55 KB, 469x428
>>52084265
>lost no friends

It's hard to lose friends, if you didn't have any to begin with.
>>
>>52080761
Battle.net Launcher
>>
whatsapp.
signal.

they just werk.
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 601x695) Image search: [Google]
file.png
5 KB, 601x695
>>52084303
>>
I mainly use Kik just because my friends won't use anything else.
>>
Try slack /pol/lacks

Amazing features
Super simple to use
Multiple threads and topics can be made

Just phenomenal
>>
>>52080761
WhatsApp, I wish I could just use telegram but all normies here use Whatsapp so I stick with it.
>>
fucking nonfree software faggots.
>>
MFW botnet is winning.
>>
>>52085086
Most of /g/ these days are clueless teenagers, who grew up staring at the cellphone screen, and think that they "hab nuttin two haid". The results aren't surprising at all, to be honest. Highly discouraging and disappointing, but not surprising.
>>
>>52080761
lol what is this shit
>>
vk, icq
>>
whats the difference between texting and those apps?
>>
>>52081690
free messaging?
>>
>>52080761
>https://strawpoll.me/6373590
>no Textra
>>
>>52089083
sms is free where i live.
>>
File: 1449361941137.png (739 KB, 1251x713) Image search: [Google]
1449361941137.png
739 KB, 1251x713
>Whatsapp in the lead
>People actually pay for messengers instead of using one of the billions of free and populated services
For fucks sake, you people are even worse than facebook faggots
>>
>>52089279
But it's only 99ยข/year
>>
Do people not get free SMS? I thought that was a staple these days
>>
>>52090171
For what? The same shit I get on Skype or Hangouts for free?
You're paying for shit that's free everywhere else, sometimes there's even less botnet as a bonus
>>
Signal.

Even when I fail to convince people to join I can just fucking text them. Texting is unlimited and free on any carrier worth a shit these days anyway.
>>
>>52088903
It's global messaging, that also works through Wi-Fi.

>>52089210
>>52090247
>>52090821
It's ok to only have friends in your city, state, or country, but once you get older, and your friends spread around the world, or you meet somebody during your travels, SMS is almost always not a viable option for international communication.

Some plans offer Global texting, but does the other party have it included in their plan? Unlikely.

Tl;DR There is more to the world than just your basement.
>>
>>52091138
That isn't a relevant concern for me right now, and when it is, I'll ask those people what their preferred method is without making into a huge ordeal like any other reasonable man would.
>>
>>52091138
>online friends
i feel so sorry for you :(
>>
Telegram
>>
Does anyone even use Tango?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.