[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Web designer? Or a fucking newb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Is it okay to call yourself a "web designer" if you make websites in wordpress? I am starting to take clients as a private web designer, but all I'm doing is using websites to make pages. Is this okay?
>>
you're designing the website, aren't you?
>>
>>52077226
Garbage collector is now "sanitation engineer". You are probably ok.
>>
File: peak.jpg (2 MB, 6000x4000) Image search: [Google]
peak.jpg
2 MB, 6000x4000
>>52077253
Yeah, but there's no coding or anything. I just use a wordpress template and throw some content into it. I just started last week and am already making some decent looking web pages. I feel like I'm cheating or something though.
>>
>>52077226
troll
>>
>>52077549

epictype troll-call-em-out memer
>>
>>52077226
It's okay if you're okay with it. You'll be building a guilty conscience later on and want to kill yourself for not knowing a lick of code if you actually care. Just do you and rake in shekels.
>>
>>52077226
I'm a graphic designer and mostly graphic layouts. I do some html and css at best and usually reverse engineeer other websites to get the code or rip a website then change the parameters and graphic layout. Can I call myself a web designer?
>>
File: hipsterzombie.jpg (223 KB, 1042x1470) Image search: [Google]
hipsterzombie.jpg
223 KB, 1042x1470
>>52077701
Bump for hipster jesus
>>
>>52077605
OP here

I personally don't care. I don't really understand the tech world, and definitely don't understand tech world memes. I just download apps, and then build websites that look like apple.com

That is basically web design right?
>>
>>52078119
no one gives a shit.
just make sure you charge them enough to make a decent living.
you can bloody call yourself whatever you like as long as you can sell your skills.
>>
>>52078119
Not really. You are however a web developer due to technicisms. You are however in a position acknowledged as "bottom of the feed".

Just do your thing, you might actually learn something at some point to do more complicated shit.
>>
>>52077226

>taking clients
>absolute fucking n00b using wix and squarespace

i'm a song writer every time i pick up a guitar or load up fruity loops too anon.

semi-pro automobile driver as well.
>>
>>52078179
I'm actually one of the greatest guitarists in the entire area, but I make more money from making web sites on wordpress than I do playing music.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.