[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Essential /g/ skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1440631281305.jpg (21 KB, 500x205) Image search: [Google]
1440631281305.jpg
21 KB, 500x205
What are the essential skills that all non-troll honest and true /g/entoomen should know? Here is my two cents.

First and foremost:

>A genuine love for technology rather than of consumerism or video games.

Considering the things that actually impresses /g/:

>knows C (assembly for extra points)
>has tried gentoo (or at least one alternative operating system)
>can into command line
>knows the interjection by heart
>can contribute to at least one decent general (for example casio/hamradio/fucko)
>is aware of the crucial arguments on both sides in important political issues raised by technology such piracy and free software so that he can come to his own conclusions, instead blindly spouting the opinions fed to him by others

Perhaps also that he does at least one aspect of his computing in a pointlessly contrived and complicated way that is incomprehensible to normies for at least one of the following reasons:

>it gives him more control
>he likes the feeling
>internet points

What do you think, anons? I'm sure I've missed some stuff out.
>>
File: c2f.png (485 KB, 1646x826) Image search: [Google]
c2f.png
485 KB, 1646x826
bump. What time is it over in burgerland?
>>
No1 cares go to channel8 or lain or irc
>>
>program in a language
>know how to encode
>know how to build proper
>know how to install program/os and read the fucking manual
>know how to use google search to find out 99.99% answer to all of your questions
>>
>>52076123
>know how to install gentoo
>that's it
>>
File: 1451005744499.png (271 KB, 890x4677) Image search: [Google]
1451005744499.png
271 KB, 890x4677
bamp
>>
Reposting the same thread over and over for no apparent reason.

Overreacting to someone else's opinion as if it were a life and death situation.

Firmly holding the belief that everything is a black and white situation.

Having a firm opinion on everything even if I know nothing about it and defending it rabidly.

Reminding everyone that my preferences are always right and if you disagree you need to die.
>>
This is a very shitty thread, and I think we can all agree that /g/ would be better off if OP was permanently banned from this board.
>>
>generals

Generals are cancer, pure and simple.
Generals without a constant supply of fresh material (for example, stupid questions) are doomed to be circlejerks.
The biggest reason generals are cancer is because egos start to get involved- people have a reason to continue making the threads for no other reason than to continue the legacy of the jerk.

As opposed to the usual format where people make threads for a reason. The general rule is that once a general gets intrenched it doesn't die until its posters do.
>>
FFS. Are we going to be forced to endure the same devisive thread every 12 hours now?
>>
>>52078693

Banning me wouldn't stop:

>weeb desktop threads
>hurr linux/windows sux
>Stallmans a pedo lol
>what torrent client/browser/distro/text editor should i use /g/?
>X on suicide watch
>nothing to hide, nothing to fear :^)

and many others I have missed out. There is no saving /g/, anon.
>>
>>52078718
Sorry mate, I honestly didn't realize this was made that often. Let it die then
>>
>>52078734
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.