[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name 1 contribution that PooLoos made to computers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: swami inagurating c lab 1990.jpg (233 KB, 1317x972) Image search: [Google]
swami inagurating c lab 1990.jpg
233 KB, 1317x972
Just ONE
>>
Cheap tech support
>>
>>52076114

my professor taught me basic c++
>>
CEOs of Google and Microsoft and Indian.
>>
File: 4L_QAjhgqWf.jpg (120 KB, 660x613) Image search: [Google]
4L_QAjhgqWf.jpg
120 KB, 660x613
>>52076114
>created johnny 5
>first true AI
>years ahead of its time

What robots have you brought to life op?
>>
>>52076954
that guy is a white actor.

haven't you watched Master of None?
>>
N. R. Narayana Murthy founder and former chairman of Infosys
Rajendra S. Pawar founder and Chairman of NIIT
Vinod Khosla founder, Sun Microsystems
Ajit Gupta founder, president and CEO of Aryaka
Anurag Dikshit founder of PartyGaming
Suhas S. Patil founder and Chairman Emeritus Cirrus Logic Inc.
Gunjan Sinha, founder of eGain and MetricStream
Sundar Pichai (CEO, Google)
Vic Gundotra (former Senior Vice President at Google.)
Amit Singhal (Senior Vice President, Search and Google Fellow at Google.)
Arun Sarin (former CEO, Vodafone),
Victor Menezes (Senior Vice Chairman, Citigroup),
Kanwal Rekhi (CTO, Novell),
Padmasree Warrior (CTO, Cisco Systems).
Ashishkumar Chauhan (MD & CEO, BSE)
Chandra Kintala (Vice President, Bell Laboratories)
>>
Narendra Karmarkar, developed Karmarkar's algorithm.

He invented a polynomial algorithm for linear programming also known as the interior point method. The algorithm is a cornerstone in the field of Linear Programming. He published his famous result in 1984 while he was working for Bell Laboratories in New Jersey. Karmarkar was a professor at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai. He is currently working on a new architecture for supercomputing.

Karmarkar has received a number of awards:

Paris Kanellakis Award, 2000 given by The Association for Computing Machinery for "specific theoretical accomplishments that have had a significant and demonstrable effect on the practice of computing".
Srinivasa Ramanujan Birth Centenary Award for 1999, presented by the Prime Minister of India.
Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, 1996
Distinguished Alumnus Award, Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley (1993)
Fulkerson Prize in Discrete Mathematics given jointly by the American Mathematical Society & Mathematical Programming Society (1988)
Fellow of Bell Laboratories (1987– )
Texas Instruments Founders' Prize (1986)
Marconi International Young Scientist Award (1985)
American Academy of Achievement award, presented by former U.S. president (1985)
Frederick W. Lanchester Prize of the Operations Research Society of America for the Best Published Contributions to Operations Research (1984)
President of India gold medal, I.I.T. Bombay (1978)
>>
>>52077151

Big deal, you can't just tell that someone's Indian from their name alone you fucking racist.
>>
>>52077189

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institutes_of_Technology
>>
>>52076114
>Name one contribution indians made to computers
>>52077151 (Prajeet Dickshit)
>former chairman
>chairman
>chairman
>CEO
>(Actual DIckshit) founder of a gambling site
>founder
>founder
>CEO
>Former vice president
>Former CEO
>Vice chairman
>CTO
>CTO
>CEO
>Vice president
>>52077179
>He could actually name of someone who contributed

Why do indians think being a CEO/chairman means actually inventing something? Are they that much desperate about money and designation? Disgusting creatures
>>
File: best bose logo.png (448 KB, 3600x756) Image search: [Google]
best bose logo.png
448 KB, 3600x756
Amar Gopal Bose (Bengali: অমর বোস), (November 2, 1929 – July 12, 2013) was an Indian academic and entrepreneur. An electrical engineer and sound engineer, he was a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for over 45 years. He was also the founder and chairman of Bose Corporation. In 2011, he donated a majority of the company to MIT in the form of non-voting shares to sustain and advance MIT’s education and research mission.
>>
>>52077332
>Founder
KEK see >>52077249
>>
>>52076114
I think there's been a couple of Indian physicists that were important enough to have shit name after them. Off the top of my head, I can think of the Saha equation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saha_ionization_equation
>>
>>52077426
Bosons are named after SN Bose.
>>
I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>52077476
Oh duh. I had a feeling I was missing the really obvious one.
>>
not computer related but I was looking at this one

Srinivasa Ramanujan

Known for Landau–Ramanujan constant
Mock theta functions
Ramanujan conjecture
Ramanujan prime
Ramanujan–Soldner constant
Ramanujan theta function
Ramanujan's sum
Rogers–Ramanujan identities
Ramanujan's master theorem
>>
>>52076114
The guy that married the Nanny actress, claims he invented email.
>>
>>52076114
Wangblows 10
Lagdroid and Chrome
That's all I know. But honestly you must go back to pol if you think the only people who contributed to computing is just white men. Many people of different groups contributed to computing.
>>
>>52079257
>replying to bait thread
>>
>>52079257
Android was headed by another Andrew.
>>
File: al9810.jpg (9 KB, 196x266) Image search: [Google]
al9810.jpg
9 KB, 196x266
lots of jews contributed...and they are non white
>>
>>52079257
Remember, the computer is the devil's fag machine.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.