[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too stupid for algorithms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1427813997045.jpg (743 KB, 1126x1091) Image search: [Google]
1427813997045.jpg
743 KB, 1126x1091
Hey/g/ please help me.

Is it possible to get a job as a programmer if i am too retarded to learn algorithms?

I know syntax of python and java but i can't really solve any simple problems. The best i did was a rock paper scissors game with a shitty writen code.
Pls /g/, what do?
>>
yes its called web development
>>
web dev
>>
>>52072889
>>52072911
You mean front-end or back-end?
Or it doesn't matter?
>>
Every organization under the sun needs a literal army of monkeys to do basic "connect to a database, push/pull this array of data, report results" bullshit which a child can do, you can easily get medium-low ranked $60k - $80k jobs doing that shit for the rest of your life no problem.
>>
>>52073071
How does one even get such position?
>>
>>52073209
Get a bachelor's in CS from anywhere, be young, don't have a wife / kids, live in a big city, pad your resume with some bullshit but make sure to suggest this is your first "real" corporate office 9-5, you'll get snapped up in no time. Companies prefer to hire naive kids they can intimidate into working 14 hour days for garbage pay, and don't care about your qualifications at all (it's monkey work). Obviously it won't work at top-tier places like Google or Raytheon.
>>
>>52073307
2nd on this. My path so far and I'm 22 with 60k.. trust me OP if I can do it so can you.
>>
File: 802_0.jpg (198 KB, 480x723) Image search: [Google]
802_0.jpg
198 KB, 480x723
>>
>>52073307
If you have a vagina or are some random colour of the racial rainbow, you should be able to suss a paid internship at Google.
>>
There's a huge demand for codemonkeys.
People that can throw incredibly simple shit together for standard in-office software with the occasional script to automate some things.

But if you can't into discrete calculus or algorithms, then don't do Computer Science. Software Engineering is for you.
>>
File: 638.gif (457 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
638.gif
457 KB, 220x165
>>52072889
>>52072911
>>
>>52072959
>>52072889
hue
>>
>>52072854
How can you not understand algorithms? It's just logic. That's it.
>>
>>52074496

I'm 22 and got offered 45k. I have a CS and math minor and am potentially like OP. What is your secret? I'm 99.9% sure going to decline 45k offer because being a software engineer for 45k isn't worth to me (based on the distance I have to travel and terms I have to agree with, not to mention 45k is just below industry standards period). I'm trying to find 60k to start ideally.
>>
>>52072854
So wait, are you telling me that you want people to pay you to just arrange widgets in a designer?
>>
>>52072959
if your IQ is on pair with monkeys you should be fine with front-end.
>>
>can I get a programming job without programming skills?

This is how stoopid u sound op
>>
Don't listen to /g/ OP. You aren't going to algorithm until you hit the work force for a couple of years. Until they you will be doing minor bug fixes and other shit work.

Memorize all the algorithms they teach you in uni. Don't have to know how they work, but be able to recite them and calculate big O notation. Same with data structures. Mark some time on your calendar to go back after a couple of months. This field is about passion and practice rather than just being good at it the first time.
>>
>>52076285
>discrete calculus
what does this mean more precisely?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.