[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, can you recommend me a good mp3 player, please? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Hey /g/, can you recommend me a good mp3 player, please?

I've been using ipods since ~2003, but my last one died and strangely enough the classic model prices are now insane (400-700$).

So it's time to say lolno to this faggotry, but I need something to replace it.
What I'm looking for:
-a lot of space (I have ~100gb of music that I want to carry with me)
-something that looks and feels similar
-good battery life
-good lifespan

What I don't give a shit about:
-seeing the cover of the albums or anything unrelated to playing mp3.
It's actually a good thing if the device doesn't do anything else, and touchscreens are out of the question.
>>
>>52072364
MP3 players have died with the rise of phones. Get a cheap phone and an MicroSD card
>>
>>52072418

But I'm using a Nokia N73, and when it'll die I'll get the same one...

Mp3 player, please.
>>
how have you not heard of the clip?
>>
>>52072497

?
>>
>>52072364
Clip or sansa with rockbox and youre good to go
>>
>>52066709
>>52066709
>>52066709
>>
http://www.jetaudio.com/products/cowon/plenuem/
>>
>>52072516

Thanks! The clip looks okay, but something's bugging me: it says that you can only put micro sdhc cards inside... but it looks like micro sdhc can only go up to 32gb, which is way too little.
>>
Smartphones killed the mp3 player market.
>>
>>52072788

Looks like it... but I don't want a smartphone at all :(
>>
>>52072364
iPod with broken HDD, mSATA SSD, and adapter
>>
>>52072826

We're in the same boat, I'm looking for a replacement for my Cowon J3 for years but there is only overpriced 24/96 meme shit, iFag devices and the tiny sansa clip
>>
Look into Walkmans. They're great all round players.
>>
>>52072364
look on craigslist or kijiji for a an older gen ipod nano. things are fucking tanks. i have a 8gb 3rd gen (fat) nano that has seen daily use since i got it in 2007. still gets 10h+ battery life which is insane. i've seen 16gb 4th-5th gen nanos go for $40 on CL
>>
>>52073079

Wish I could, but I'm from Europe... I checked on local sites, but somehow they are still overpriced.
And I'd like to have at least 100gb of music.
>>
>>52073141
I am also in the same boat, but at least my ipod 4th gen still works well enough to be used.
I do not want to own an smartphone just for the sake of listening to music.
>>
>>52073181

Feels good to see that I'm not alone to struggle, at least.

Technically, my ipod isn't dead, but now I can only charge it, adding music is no longer possible; I've asked a few shops, they said it can't be fixed. Fucking planned obsolescence.
>>
File: 1440648860267.png (263 KB, 523x372) Image search: [Google]
1440648860267.png
263 KB, 523x372
>>52072468
Wtf. You must be the kind of hipster that still uses vinil lps because "I'm so unique and quirky, teehee!"
>>
>>52073294

Don't be mad, I've been using it since it was released. Works fine, go be a consumer whore somewhere else.
>>
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-classic-7th-Generation-Gray-Black-120-GB-30-Day-Warranty-EXTRAS-/121849194149?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Classic-7th-Generation-Black-160-GB-Latest-Model-Works-Great-/172041292786?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPod-Classic-7th-Generation-Black-160-GB-Latest-Model-/172042019715?nav=SEARCH

Alternatively. Google "160gb music player" or the like.
Stop being poor, ask if theyll send to Europe. Also I believe you can put SSDs in these things
>>
>>52072364
strap an ssd to a raspberry pi
>>
Since the MP3 player market is dead and I can't play my Vorbis files on the go without paying a fuckton of money for one of those audiophile boxes, what's an OS that I can flash on an Android smartphone to make it an off-brand iPod Touch that doesn't spy on me? And what's the least I can pay for such a smartphone that doesn't lag like hell?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.