[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best software for organizing your music library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: Random_Access_Memories_capa.jpg (21 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
Random_Access_Memories_capa.jpg
21 KB, 329x329
What's the best software for organizing your music library without effort?
>>
spotify
>>
a brain
>>
>>52069043
MediaMonkey
>>
>>52069080
/thread
>>
http://beets.radbox.org/
Very useful software for cleaning up tags and organizing your library
>>
Itunes :^)
>>
I wish there was a way to set the metadata without modifying the files themselves. ID3 was a mistake.
>>
>>52069043
beets, no joke
>>
>>52069043
proper tagging (Mp3Tag) and a music player that isn't retarded
>>
>>52069708
This.

I just use mp3tag and foobar.
>>
>>52069043
If your music library contains that, use bleach, vinegar, baking soda, your bathtub, and a straw.
>>
>>52069043
Get better taste in music and then it might be useful for you
>>
>>52069043
creating folders and using foobar
>>
>>52069230
Cuesheets, you're welcome.
>>
In iTunes, make two folders, name one of them Expired. Name the other one Current Music and make it a smart folder with the parameters, "playlist is Music" , playlist is not Expired". And voila, your done. If you ever get tired of a song, then add it to Expired and it will disappear from Current Music. Also every once in a while, delete some old songs from Expired so they'll reappear is Current Music, this way, your playlist will always be fresh and up to date.
>>
Also learn to use Beatunes, it will automatically fetch data for your pirated songs as well as calculate BPM, mood, Colour, Key, etc... It can also create playlists based of a sample of songs, but I don't think it works very well.
>>
>>52070125
Huh, I thought cue sheets were just for hueg continuous single-file CD rips, but it looks like you can refer to multiple data files in the same sheet. Is there any tag editor with support for writing the metadata to cue sheets? Preferably one that works like beets, which tries to find the missing metadata automatically.
>>
>>52070965
For complete albums and full cue sheet support I'd recommend foobar2000. Albeit that might not fit your needs, especially for auto tagging and single tracks.
>>
MusicBrainz Picard
>>
>>52070334
absolutely haram
>>
>>52069043
foobar2k
>>
>>52069769
This.

Can't beat mp3tag for what it does.
>>
>>52069043
>What's the best software for organizing your music library without effort?

No software can do something for you, exactly the way you want it to, without you putting some effort into configuring it.

If you don't mind actually telling HOW you want your library organized, foobar2k can do it for you.
>>
>>52077651
>>52069708
>>52069769
What can mp3tag do, that Foobar2000 cannot? I can mass rename, tag, move, rename, copy, do all of the previous operations by guessing fields from file or folder name, change codepages, change id3 tag versions, replaygain scan, rebuild the VBR headers, and rebuild the entire mp3 stream, all using foobar2k.
>>
Winamp ;:^)

[spoiler]It's my favorite[/spoiler]
>>
>>52069043
Windows Explorer, or whatever your file manager of choice is on whatever OD you use.
>>
>>52079716
*OS, not OD
>>
>>52069089
this
>>
foobar2000 end of thread to be quite honest my dearest family members
>>
spotify
>>
>>52069080
best sofware
a brain
faggot
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.