[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any retail chains i can get led strips that run off a central
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: under_bed_Led_glowing_light.jpg (90 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
under_bed_Led_glowing_light.jpg
90 KB, 1024x683
any retail chains i can get led strips that run off a central component that'll allow me to customize the colors with? looking to line my desk and bed preferrably off one component
>>
>>52068540
you're going overboard. don't run a good idea into the ground.

as for OP, you should be able to get them from amazon, but a quick google for "programmable LED strip" yields a handful of results.

If I were you, I'd probably get LED strips and a micro computer device to act as a controller (maybe Raspberry Pi? idk). use that to do more complex controller stuff.
>>
>>52068515
Fuck you
>>
>>52068515
Blue led? Enjoy your eye strain and iris cancer.
>>
>>52068515
newegg.com
>>
>>52068593
thanks! i dont have much soldering / electronics knowledge so ill probably find one with a built in computer.
>>
>>52068515
yes
most of them flicker though
>>
>>52068748
Soldering really isn't that complicated, but you might be able to find components that make it relatively plug-and-play, like something that allows you to connect via USB or something. I haven't looked into LED strips at all because they feel gauche to me (but that's just my taste), but I'd be genuinely surprised if there weren't really straightforward kits for anyone to get into. the whole appeal of LEDs is that there's no risk of doing anything really catastrophic like burning out a light or whatever, so I imagine there must be kits that spare you having to learn to solder.

but, again, soldering isn't that bad. I learned how to do it reasonably well in the span of an afternoon after watching a few youtube videos. it's true that it's annoying to buy the tools, but once you buy a half-decent soldering kit you'll find it's useful here and there, and when it's not useful it can just go in a drawer somewhere.
>>
Just a tip. Blue light is awful for REM sleep.
>>
>>52068894
not OP, but I'm assuming that when he says "allow me to customize the colors with" he implicitly means to use the lights to make colors other than/in addition to the colors you see in the OP pic, which is probably just the first result for some LED-related google image search.

You guys are so quick with your knee-jerk impulse to post something bike-sheddy that you end up contributing nothing. read the whole OP post before you bother to answer the captcha or something.
>>
Ikea has these neat ones which have a color wheel.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80192378/

I have a few, theyre nice.
>>
>>52068933
>>52068894
well its more for sexytiem and overall aesthetics than while i sleep and yes, that was just the first pic on google.

>>52068965
gonna need wireless remote. but i just realized my brother has exactly what im looking for and im gonna ask where he got it.
>>
>>52068933
>not op
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>52069078
but i had dubs and you didn't.
>>
> ricing your bedroom

Why? Not that I'm complaining, its your life and money, just curious.

You finna act like you fucking yo bitch in the matrix?
>>
You can get some from Amazon with a small remote control. They have different modes with colours, fading, flashing etc.
It's more comfortable and probably also cheaper than setting up a microcontroller or something like that. Just get those.
>>
>>52069123
i wanna see the pussy im hittin without turning the lights on like a weirdo
>>
>>52068515
IKEA man, i got a set for 30$ and come with a controller to pick colours (full rainbow) or have it cycle through them
>>
>>52068515
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311437038834
something like this
they're available everywhere
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.