[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys are pretty smart, I upgraded some ram in my PC and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: compspecs.png (39 KB, 793x629) Image search: [Google]
compspecs.png
39 KB, 793x629
You guys are pretty smart, I upgraded some ram in my PC and it seems i'm only getting 666mhz when I got 14gigs in there. I don't understand.

Some of my ram sticks have different memory on them, for example one is 2gb and the others are 4gb. Could this be why its running like this?

Also, general pc build/specs thread.
>>
>>52067928
please leave /g/ forever
>>
>>52067950
oh
>>
>>52067928
>>Some of my ram sticks have different memory on them, for example one is 2gb and the others are 4gb. Could this be why its running like this?

Yes.
>>
>>52067928
It will only run as fast as the slowest stick you have in there. You're not supposed to mix/match different speeds, sizes, and brands of ram either.
>>
>>52067928

Fuck me OP, with eyes closed and using blind luck alone i could build a computer that makes more sense than that shit you have flung together
>>
Needs more ram
>>
>>52067928
>14.0GB DDR3 RAM @ 666MHz
>2 AMD R7 200 Series cards -- CrossFire Disabled
>Windows 10

What the actual fuck OP?
>>
>>52068093
I mix and matched some parts from older computers.
>>
>>52067928
nice b8
>>
>>52068122

How many computers did you mash together? Are you post from that thing?
>>
>>52068138
2 and I bought the new motherboard and psu recently.
>>
>>52068160
Nigga you dumb.

"You guys are pretty smart"
>>
>>52068160

Fuck it, if it works why not. Ditch some Gb's on the ram to get the speed correct and get Crossfire enabled.
>>
>>52068186
Plan on it, I was just tweaking some stuff and I wasn't sure on what the fuck was going on with my ram. Gunna go fuck around in bios now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.