[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 7 vs. 10.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
Just treated myself with this qt.

What do I defile it with, Windows 10 or Windows 7?
>>
Windows 10 if you just want it to work so you can do work games and programming.
Windows 7 if you're still a /g/ memer and don't mind outdated security.
>>
10 is crap, yesterday i deinstalled 10 and put 7 on it again...
>>
>>52065626
What exactly is better on 7 compared to 10?
>>
>>52065835
Nothing is better, unless you have shit taste and like how much shit-smeared 7's UI looks
>>
>>52065835
7 isn't as bloated and you aren't forced to update unlike 10
>>
>>52065626
>i deinstalled
Just what I expect from the kind of retard that thinks 10 is better than 7.
>>
>>52067135
>7 isn't as bloated
You're are literally fucking retarded. 8 uses less resources than 7, and 10 uses less resources than 8.

That's the trend that MS has had with operating systems since they released Vista.

Fucking hell you're stupid.
>>
>>52067175
>since they released vista
That's not even hard bro
>>
Win10 offers the Edge browser and Cortana and is less reliable than 7.
>>
File: pziug.gif (303 KB, 265x199) Image search: [Google]
pziug.gif
303 KB, 265x199
>>52067203
>thinks deinstalled is a word
>>
install gentoo
n
s
tall gentoo
>>
>>52065562
>windows 10
https://winworldpc.com/product/windows-10/
>>
>>52067235
He's probably German
Installieren -> install
Deinstallieren -> --deinstall-- / uninstall
>>
>>52067175
He means stuff like apps and onedrive, which you're not by any means forced to use.
They can even uninstall them if it bothers them so much, which is not straightforward but should be easy for anybody who frequents /g/.
>>
10 if its a pro version, 7 if youre limited to home/home premium.

Only drawback to 7, doesnt support some newer hyper v implementations like visual studios android emulator (only works on 8.1/10 for example), other factors for going w 10 are going to be similar (e.g dx12 only on windows 10 not 7), more support for the newer to push you away from 7.
>>
Why is /g/ being freely tech support all over the catalog today ?
>>
File: 1353471257065.png (67 KB, 268x240) Image search: [Google]
1353471257065.png
67 KB, 268x240
>>52065626
>>52065835

I installed Windows 10 just so netflix could use my 5.1 surround sound 2 weeks into having it I started getting a bunch of latency problems. Tried fixing/updating/uninstalling-reinstalling drivers. etc. Got my first BSOD's in years. I thought maybe my PC was finally dying

LOLNOPE it was windows 10. I came back to 7 and everything is smooth as balls again.

I learned the hardway that 10 sucks. it was nice while it worked though can't wait to upgrade in 2 years.
>>
>>52068343

Everyone could've told you that you were making a wrong choice if you just asked anon
>>
>>52068170
dx12 i Windows 10 exclusive?
>>
>>52065562
>>52065590
>>52065626
Here we go again, the 500th thread of the day on OS conflicts.
>>
>>52067243
fuck off man. its a stale meme now. any sane minded person would go with minimal ubuntu with a lean DE. Xubuntu and Lubuntu are the best Linux distros at the moment.
>>
>Grove music
>Cortana
>APP store
>ads (but you can just turn it off xd)
>maleware (but you can just turn it off xd)
>spyware (but you can just turn it off xd)
>less UI control
>worse settings interface, control panel horribly half integrated in with the metro system
>the rest of Window's flaws still havent been fixed

If you're going to dual boot with linux then windows 10 is the way to go. Anything else, go windows 7.
>>
>>52067175
>8 uses less resources than 7
mostly true
>10 uses less resources than 8.
wrong

10 is bloated as fuck and constantly downloading something and sending data
>>
>>52070822
>but you can just turn it off xd

Sadly, no, you can't.
>>
>>52068576
Yes senpai
>>
How good are those spy killing scripts I've seen floating around for windows 10? Do they at least make it as bareable as 7?

Inconsistent UI and updates shit is what's mainly keeping me away plus I don't like change.
>>
File: 49310473871.jpg (43 KB, 456x720) Image search: [Google]
49310473871.jpg
43 KB, 456x720
>mfw no drivers for win 10
>>
>>52072421
Bump
>>
>>52065562
Gramps always told me not to trust free stuff. If Win10 wasn't free I probably would've gotten it by now, but like this it's so fucking obvious they're selling all kinds of data to 3rd parties. Google knows enough about me, I don't need Microsoft to know even more.
>>
>>52072470
BUT WHO WAS CAMERA
>>
If that thing is a Y50 check your hinges by removing the decal plate between the speakers. Loads of them have the hinges tightened up too much and it ends up shattering the mounting bracket which then starts to lever the screen away from the case.
Source: Owner of a fucked up y50 touch.
>>
>>52075194
Stop handling your notebook with just 1 hand or opening it from the corners, mine is fucking fine.
>>
>>52075305
Did I say all of them? You do realise there are a number of foundries that produce the same model right? Specifically models manufactured in mid to late 2013 (y50-70) can be afflicted with this problem. In 2014 they revised the hinge orientation so they are matching rather than unlevel. Check yourself before you post.
>>
>>52071516

so whats better 8.1 or 7?
>>
Windows 10 is the most non-free software ever created. You might as well be downloading a virus into your PC.

We shouldn't even call it an operating system. It should be called an operating *service*. Because you don't own a god damn thing on it. It can flash ads at you all it wants, it can adjust workflow features to tweak your habits towards what they want you to be doing, it can detect and delete files off of your computer, and it will force you to update to whatever it wants to put on your machine and interrupt whatever important work you are currently doing to install it.

Windows 10 is the worst thing to ever happen to the computer world, and I will never use it under any circumstances. I would use a Mac before I touch this travesty.
>>
>>52065562
8.1 qt is the compromise between 7s simplicity and 10s looks.
>>
File: 1252409308792.jpg (97 KB, 418x384) Image search: [Google]
1252409308792.jpg
97 KB, 418x384
>>52077154

This, all this.

How can there literally be people who say it's ok to use windows 10? Windows 7 had telemetry but at least it had an acceptable amount. Windows 10 tracks EVERYTHING and sells your data to advertisers. Why do you think it's FREE? Even for pirated users? It's trash and you're a moron for ever using it or google chrome. Don't even get me started with chrome, its logo is literally a CAMERA.

WAKE YOU IDIOTS!!!!! The NSA is not a conspiracy, it's not tin foil ITS REAL. You might think that your decision doesn't matter but it does when there are millions who think exactly like you.

if you're smart you'll either use a linux distro and run windows in a virtual machine for games OR you'll get an older SP1 iso of windows 7 and disable updates. Use your browser with noscript and adblockers and MSE antivirus and you'll be fine! Test .exe files in a virtual machine...cmon people!
>>
>>52072421
Bump
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.