[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of the AmazonBasics line of computer stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 81oDOaXcfKL._SL1500_.jpg (132 KB, 1500x1480) Image search: [Google]
81oDOaXcfKL._SL1500_.jpg
132 KB, 1500x1480
What does /g/ think of the AmazonBasics line of computer stuff? I've been wondering if any of it is a good deal.
>>
I have a 4 port USB hub
Not bad hardware, works just fine for the cost
Definatley not top tier though
>>
>>52060757
I like their cables, adapters, and chargers. Decent quality, cheap, and free shipping. I'm not sure about their keyboards, mice, and other components though, I imagine that stuff is pretty cheap/flimsy.
>>
theyre rebrands of something

like the amazonbasic NiMH batteries are usually eneloops
>>
They're worth exactly what they cost

which is better than most budget-line devices, which are worth significantly less, but they aren't a "deal".
>>
>>52060757

I have 7 port usb 3.0 hub and they are better than what I bought locally.

also amazon basics optical cable for TV and Receiver. works alright.

I believe they are not expensive and have a standard on quality control.

also this
>>52060852
>They're worth exactly what they cost

which is better than most budget-line devices, which are worth significantly less, but they aren't a "deal".
>>
>>52060757
i buy their audio cables and dvi cables
No problems yet
But i bought headphones and they were made with plastic i snapped in half by picking them up
after fixing it a family member snapped it is half in a different section from picking it up
>>
>>52060757

MicroUSBs are pretty good, lasting about 6 months compared to the previous brand I was using that lasted maybe 3 if I was lucky.
>>
They buy the same generic other manufacturers do and just put their brand on it just like them

except they seem to sell it at a cheaper price most of the time

The peripherals are about what youd expect, I have the mouse and keyboard for use with my server builds, they serve that purpose fine

I did buy an amazon basics high backed office chair, its pretty damn comfy, and everything that came with it was staples branded so I guess its just a rebrand again
>>
File: 4L_dLAyQJmi.jpg (208 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
4L_dLAyQJmi.jpg
208 KB, 658x370
>>52060757
My wife's son likes the amazon hdmi cable he bought
>>
File: 81b-k4rdGiL._SL1500_.jpg (183 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81b-k4rdGiL._SL1500_.jpg
183 KB, 1500x1500
I own a good amount of AmazonBasics stuff (cables, batteries, USB hub).

Favorite purchase from them is the laptop stand (pic related) for $20
>>
They're competing with Monoprice. It's about the same level of stuff.
>>
not your review site
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.