[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
artist here should i get the surfacebook, ipad pro, or cintiq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: ipad-pro-compared.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ipad-pro-compared.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
artist here

should i get the surfacebook, ipad pro, or cintiq companion? which one is better?
>>
>>52059647
Cintiq>>>Surface book>>>>>>>>iPad Pro
>>
>>52059647
Cintiq
>>
SURFACE PRO YOU DUMB FUCK
>>
>>52059647

Read the sticky before posting.

There's a board for these threads
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>52059675
>>52059672
>>52059660
newfag cancer
>>
I dont have any experience with the Cintiq, however i know they make really, really nice tablets for drawing.

The surface book is using a bloated OS and poor quality hardware, avoid it for anything at all.

The iPad Pro is mediocre at best, however that Apple Pencil is fucking phenomenal, its the most comfy and useful stylus i have ever had the pleasure of using.

I personally say Cintiq, but maybe test out an iPad pro with the pencil first.
>>
I have an SP3. Planning to upgrade to SP4.
>>
>>52059647
Whichever one suits your workflow.
A word of warning though, the Cintiq is definitely the heaviest so it isn't as suitable for mobile use.
>>
although I am an amature artist I can safely say wacom tablets are the best drawing tablets out there
>>
>>52059647

>Cintiq
industry standard, everybody swears by them.
Wacom pen technology is still far more responsive and accurate than the competition, despite what shills will claim

>Surface Pro
I have one of these. It really is the tablet that can replace your laptop. Runs Windows 10, which means Photoshop and all the other art and design software you know and love

>Surface Book
that's basically a less portable Surface Pro right?

>iPad Pro
literally no reason to choose one of these unless you've already been cucked and can't bear to leave the apple ecosystem
>>
>>52059647
Don't be stupid and listen to butt mad fags on g OP. Look up Astropad or Duet and see comparrison videos between all three. Make your judgment there. I know I am absolutely amazed by the drawing experience the iPad pro offers, as an actual artist. When paired with my workstation. It's fucking crazy.
>>
>>52062115
>choosing a drawing tablet based on watching a video of somebody else using it

bro
>>
>>52062141
>choosing your tablet based on text opinions on a Mongolian soap carving forum
>>
>>52062141
Go to an Apple Store and try it then Jesus man. And video comparrisons and reviews from digital artists tell you a bunch.
>>
>>52062233
>And video comparrisons and reviews from digital artists tell you a bunch.
And most of them admit that the Cintiq is better. Those that choose to use an iPad only do so because they're already Applecucks
>>
>>52062031
the Surface Book has a discreet NVidia GPU and more batteries in the keyboard. The Surface Book without the keyboard is actually thinner than the Surface or Surface Pro.
>>
Damn, and all i can buy for myself this christmas is an Adonit Jot Pro for my android phone.
>>
>>52059647
iPad pro.

>muh Adobe
Adobe's apps are free and tie into CC

>muh Cintiq
I don't have a link handy, but someone made a thing that'll let you use the iPad like a Cintiq tablet with your desktop.
>>
>>52062344
>Adobe's apps are free and tie into CC
Adobe's apps are a mess.
>someone made a thing that'll let you use the iPad like a Cintiq tablet with your desktop.
Has anyone made an app that will make the Apple Pencil technology as responsive and natural to use as a Wacom?

And using iOS is just a workflow headache.
>>
>>52062387
>Adobe's apps are a mess.
Yeah. It's a shame that software can never be updated to fix issues.
>>
>>52062387
Look up astropad, it's incredible and I'm not even an applecuck. Vastly prefer it to my cintique and it was way fucking cheaper.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.